The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

As I look at the picture again, I'm realizing my summer black jacket is similar! It has the peplum effect, but with a shawl collar and 3/4 sleeves.

I don't know if my shopping karma is bad ... I've had some pretty good karma lately, like when I returned my damaged scarf, the person cared enough to find me another, which was in its original packaging still! And then when it got sent to the wrong address, the woman who got it both called & texted me, and let me come by her house to get it! When she could've kept it and Neiman's would probably never have figured it out. Also, in Yoox's Black Friday sale, the only real option for a Brunello sweater in my size had great detail, a nice color, and is better quality cashmere and all around nicer than my other one, for less $$$.

Really I'm mostly just being picky and rejecting items that aren't exactly what I want ... I could've kept the blouse, but I think the $$$ could and should go to something I'll really love. Which is really what you have to do if you're going to buy just 12 key pieces a year and be happy with them :wink:

My size in the sweater I want is, btw, actually back in stock ... so hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on it.

PS carine, while I like both, I think shoes are more exciting!

barbaraaa, the coat is on its way. The post office was just a fraction of what UPS wanted to charge me! I noticed it could stand to be cleaned when I was packing it ... but I also stopped to check the price tag on a new one when I was passing by at Nordstrom, without the fabulous wool lining this one has ... it was $1990. Just take off the pieces with leather before you drop it at the cleaners!

floodette, I actually got the jeans worn on the pic - so I wouldn't know about the coat, but it does look like olive velvet. Funny to think - I had an olive velvet blazer as a kid... my mum thought it looked super smart, I wasn't too keen on it!

The jeans, however, are being worn frequently, as is the cardigan!

ta-ta, again, this offer is so ridiculously generous I could cry! Thank you so much!

^ You're welcome ... I'm glad it's going to have a second life :flower: I think you will like the linings ... there's satin in the arms, and the zip-out wool one is really cozy.

Ordered this sweater that I've been wanting ... and I guess perhaps it was returned (let us hope unsnagged!) as my size came back in stock and I snabbled it. This was an exclusive color (Iris) ... hopefully it's as pretty as it looks in the picture!

neimanmarcus
Brunello purple.jpg

I received the sweater, and love it! The color is perfect ... I would say it's better in person than the picture. The paillettes are smaller than on my sweater from last year ... these are iridescent purple.

Just stopped by to note I ordered a couple of basics tonight ... I keep scrambling for clean black socks, so I ordered a 3-pack of lightweight socks. These should also work well in the spring. Also this week it's cold, and I ran out of warm, washable pants that are suitable for running errands. I usually do laundry every 3 days, and I was already wearing my 3rd pair, looking for something clean to wear that day :smile: Ordered these Eileen Fisher terry pants (tailored sweatpants) on sale ... hopefully this will now be enough of both that I won't be running out of what I need when WFH.

nordstrom

Eileen Fisher black.jpg

Greetings from someone who haven't been very active in this forum the past couple of months, but have been plenty active shopping.

I bought quite a few items during January, but then came February and March along with moving to a new apartment, so lately my purchases have been mostly interior related (such as a new couch and the obligatory IKEA knick-knacks).

But, before that I was able to add a few new items:
  • A black safari dress. Absolutely great for work (pics of the mustard version in order to show details). It is mostly linen, so I bet it will be great for the office during Summer.
  • A carnation print Ganni dress, 2nd hand that I've been keeping an eye out for, for a while. It has the same cut as my all time fave Ganni dress. Have worn it tons already with brown boots and a light green cardigan, but I think it will be great with sandals for summer as well
  • Leopard block heels. I have had my eyes out for a pair of block heel pumps for a while as well and stumbled upon these when looking for non-black options (all my shoes appear to be black...). They seemed to be sold out everywhere but I found them at a local shop marked down 75% - score!
  • A dressier raincoat. The main material is similar to a normal raincoat, but the exterior is covered in a thin wool, which means it looks like a wool coat.
Pics via bestseller.com, ganni.com, norseprojects and notabene.dk

gannijones.jpg epitome_norseprojects_feliciawoolraindarknavy_1551369776cc0471.jpg notabeneelina.jpg pieces.jpg

^ cute!

as for me, I've been trying out a 'one piece per month' policy. it's been going well! in january, I got a black top by a local designer, dress by endresz.
I also got navy wide-legged cotton trousers by chloé stora. didn't get anything in december, so counting those as my december & january purchases.
for february, I got a midnight blue (hmmmn, might be a theme?) jumpsuit by pomandère.
(can't really tell on my screen, but these pics might be the same jumpsuit in black? anyway...)
images
images

and for march, I got these suede flats by marsèll: (sorry, could only find this teeny tiny picture!)

NgvoXRVR0OvjW3092fgjafs_JOFTq5xcohr2wJRdIZ4W3pufpBlhwuhwv5sdKVKUCllwDP_EbnLDBwn-SdOv2g=s0-d-e1-ft

besides these, I made myself a dress in a lovely deep taup-ey brown fabric + knitted myself a 3/4 sleeves sweater, from dark red yarn, wool with a little linen thrown in. :heart:

feeling ready to start wearing my spring stuff. but it's still not super warm... will try to take some time this weekend and dive into my closet, to come up with some new combinations, mix it up a little and make things feel a bit more fresh...

^^ Ooh, love the leopard shoes ... and what an amazing deal!!

twistelette, you should post pix of your hyper-local fashion :smile: Also like your jumpsuit ... looks so relaxed.

Today it's cold again (wearing my purple sweatshirt), but have had a chance to wear my new spring things--dress and sweater. Right now I am saving for vacation, so haven't bought anything more! But I've already bought half my pieces for the year, so it's time to take a break.

Wondering how we compare to the average?

eileenfisher.com

Twenty years of falling clothing prices have created a glut of both new and used clothes. In 1993, the average American bought thirty pieces of clothing per year. Today, that number has doubled to sixty.

I don't buy nearly that many, partly because at the end of a long day at EILEEN FISHER Renew, I am definitely not in the mood for shopping. But when I do need to buy any sort of textile, whether it's a T-shirt, towel or curtain, I consider: How long will I own it? Is it designed to last? And what will I do with it when I'm ready to clean out my closet?

@Betinapple love the carnation dress! (OK i admit i did not know carnation flower). is it silk? love the leopard heel as well.

@twistelette ooooh can we see the clothes that you made? so cool to make and knit your own stuffs!

@fashionista-ta: I have been around the (Eileen Fisher) average (unfortunately). Last year I bought 16 items and received 5 items as gifts, which must be an all-time low. Hoping to have it stay that way. And thanks re the shoes. Looking forward to the weather getting better so I can start wearing them. So far I've only been able to wear them once.

@twistelette that jumpsuit really looks elegant yet relaxed!

@floodette thanks! it is viscose - TBH I am not really good with silk.

Snatched another Ganni dress in their outlet last weekend. Been on the look-out for the top in the same print, but I am thinking the dress will serve me better. I am not that good with separates, and it didn't really work with any of my bottoms. Quite happy with it, works well for my current day-to-day life (thesis writing... :bounce:). Not so sure once I start working fulltime. Well see.

Pic via net-a-porter.com

gannibeacon.jpg

got another bag..... this time, it's balenciaga small city black out. small city is like my HG bag (and I have 2 already), so I know it will work perfectly with my life.

I've been really bad this year re: bag. no more bag for this year and next.

^ I have not bought a bag since my cross-body--which must've been 2017. I'm sorta craving a new one though! It may end up being next year ... lots of other plans for my money this year :wink:

^ I have not bought a bag since my cross-body--which must've been 2017. I'm sorta craving a new one though! It may end up being next year ... lots of other plans for my money this year :wink:

oooh is the 2017 bag the lanvin happy?

^ No, I already had that ... maybe 2015?? Not sure. The one I got a couple years ago is a bronze metallic Bottega Veneta cross-body small messenger. I'm carrying it right now because I've been doing some block-walking on the weekends for our upcoming city election.

got another bag..... this time, it's balenciaga small city black out. small city is like my HG bag (and I have 2 already), so I know it will work perfectly with my life.

I've been really bad this year re: bag. no more bag for this year and next.

Looks gorgeous with the hidden hardware :smile:

^ No, I already had that ... maybe 2015?? Not sure. The one I got a couple years ago is a bronze metallic Bottega Veneta cross-body small messenger. I'm carrying it right now because I've been doing some block-walking on the weekends for our upcoming city election.

a metallic nodini / pillow? Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... that's a beauty!

Looks gorgeous with the hidden hardware :smile:

Thanks a lot, it is indeed a beauty.

Oh, and the best thing is.... the BO was released in a smooth, matte, premium leather I think for one and half year, before they decided to change the leather to grained leather due to cost issue (the original leather is supposed to be from same place with Hermes drummed leather).

Anyway, when I got my BO for a very nice price (even cheaper than my other small cities), I thought it is gonna be the grained one as the sooth leather is considered rare and sold out already. I was very pleasantly surprised upon receiving my bag to know that MINE IS THE SMOOTH VERSION!

So, yay! the leather is so buttery. I can not stop petting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->