The 50 Book Challenge (2012)

Belowen

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
This will be the thread for those who intend on participating in the 50 book challenge for 2012 to post in. Post your book lists, progress, suggestions & questions for the challenge here. Happy reading!

Great thread :D

I'm halfway through The Beautiful and Damned - F Scott Fitzgerald so i anticipate to finish that early in the new year ^_^

Sweet! I can't wait to get started. I do have a question. Do graphic novels or comics by volumes count? These are usually well over 100 pages.

The Beautiful and Damned is an amazing book. I've read it a long time ago and loved it. Nice reading choice, city girl.

Wow I'm pretty surprised that there's new thread.

@heelscatchfire, I don't think so. It's too little.

I read about 5 books this year. -_- I have a stack in my room I am ready to tackle. :muscles:

Sweet! I can't wait to get started. I do have a question. Do graphic novels or comics by volumes count? These are usually well over 100 pages.

Each person is participating in their own little challenge - so whatever works for you is fine, there are no real set rules. ^_^

I agree with B.. I would go ahead and count graphic novels. I think they can be as substantial as actual novels ^_^

My goal for 2012 is going to be 30 books (and if I end up reading more, then great)
I managed to succeed in reading 50 in 2011 and am hoping to challenge myself in a different way (quality over quantity) for the coming year.

Excited to start or restart the clock though... so to speak :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like ChrissyM, I'd like to reach 30 books in 2012. I'd love to read 50 books but I figure I'll start with a smaller goal and see how it goes. I read some really great books this year and I'd like to continue that trend in 2012. Now the trouble is deciding which book I should read first??? :lol:

I would like to catch the 50 target, but work is all over me....

Still, I'm in for the 2012 challenge!

I would love love love to participate this time! :woot: It would be my first time

I agree with B.. I would go ahead and count graphic novels. I think they can be as substantial as actual novels

Whenever I read something that seemed insubstantial to me, I read another shorter book and then counted the two of them as 'one read' because together they would add up to 400-500 pages and that felt fair to me, to combine them into one effort - that was my approach to it.

Oo yey! Can't wait :D I've already gotten a ton of lit to read for schoolwork, so I should be able do do quite a bit! I'm starting the new year of with Q & A, the book Slumdog Millionaire was based upon. Anyone read it?

I'm so eager to participate! I'll try to reach a goal of 40 books. But if I start to work this year, it could get tough.
I already started reading Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, and quite frankly, I won't keep reading the rest of the series,
although I'll certainly finish this one. It's just more of the same, sort of silly, a mix of historical fiction with Jane Austen and chick-lit.
For me the romance is just too cheesy. The good thing is that it's an easy read, maybe too easy despite the volume (almost 900 pages).
:ninja: :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love love love to participate this time! :woot: It would be my first time

Count me in as well! Hopefully this will motivate me to read more books on my ever-expanding list of books-to-read ^_^.

Now I just need to refine my list.

Side note: I've heard of 100 book challenges as well. That's a bit too lofty for me though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->