The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, it's the DDF Brightening Cleanser, I forgot that to mention the specific name of it. Haha.

DDF has some amazing products. They're a little pricey so you definitely need to think about it before buying.

I hope it works!

Hey I chose MD Forte Cleanser II (15% Glycolic) after it's great reviews on makeupalley.com

Do you think it'll be just as good? :smile:

I suffered from moderate acne from when I was around 15, my skin go worse when I hit 16; I got sooo depressed and started wearing heaps of makeup which only aggravated my skin even more.

However when I was 16 Istarted on birth control pills and it calmed down my acne. I did get the occasional pimple here and there, but the pills really controlled the breakouts. A few years ago I stopped on the pill and the acne didn't come back! Maybe I outgrew acne..

You did outgrow it. The effects of the pill only last a few months after you end your usage.

have you guys heard of the whole "dairy causes acne" thing? i decided to cut out dairy for at least a month (i know you prob need to wait longer but if I tell myself anything more ill freak myself out!), anyway, i would like to see how it goes and if it effects my skin at all.

Hey I chose MD Forte Cleanser II (15% Glycolic) after it's great reviews on makeupalley.com

Do you think it'll be just as good? :smile:

15%? Wow, that's a lot, but I guess since it's a cleanser it won't sit on your face and cause as much irritation as let's say a 15% lotion.

Glycolic acids as a whole is very good for the entire skin surface, so you'll see immediate change within a few days, with bigger changes (especially for hyperpigmentation) within a few weeks.

Make sure you moisturize.

I do believe dry skin does cause acne. I had good skin for awhile and started not moistursizing and exfoaliating harshly everyday then I got these small goosebumps like a previous poster mentioned. Although the trick for me was st ives apricot blemish fighting scrub+oatmeal mask .. hoenstly people say St Ives is harsh but its the best scrub EVER. I use the scrub as a cleanser too and honestly it helps SO MUCH. :smile:

have you guys heard of the whole "dairy causes acne" thing? i decided to cut out dairy for at least a month (i know you prob need to wait longer but if I tell myself anything more ill freak myself out!), anyway, i would like to see how it goes and if it effects my skin at all.

Please let us know how it goes! I've been very curious about this notion, but I've also heard inbalances in blood sugar (white carbs basically) can cause acne, as well as eating meat...who knows!

I do believe dry skin does cause acne. I had good skin for awhile and started not moistursizing and exfoaliating harshly everyday then I got these small goosebumps like a previous poster mentioned. Although the trick for me was st ives apricot blemish fighting scrub+oatmeal mask .. hoenstly people say St Ives is harsh but its the best scrub EVER. I use the scrub as a cleanser too and honestly it helps SO MUCH. :smile:

I found St Ives worked for me too. It's one of the few exfoliators that I have never had any issue with,which is the complete opposite of what everybody else suggests.

I have the mother of all infected spots on the side of my nose :ninja: The rest of my skin is perfect at the moment,and then BAM,this bugger pops up.

15%? Wow, that's a lot, but I guess since it's a cleanser it won't sit on your face and cause as much irritation as let's say a 15% lotion.

Glycolic acids as a whole is very good for the entire skin surface, so you'll see immediate change within a few days, with bigger changes (especially for hyperpigmentation) within a few weeks.

Make sure you moisturize.

Yeah it is quite strong, they do three; I (12%), II (15%) and III (20%).
The III one is the highest rated cleanser on makeupalley.com but I thought it may be a bit silly diving in at the deep end.
I'm so excited to see results, I wish it'd hurry up in the post - they don't sell it in the UK so I had to buy it from ebay. I'm worried it's got lost :unsure:
I've bought Aveda Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Lotion (stupid name, far too expensive) but it contains a lot of plant extracts with no parabens so thought it'd be nourishing but gentle on my skin. It's a bit greasy, so much so that I can't really wear it out but it may be good after using the cleanser and I plan to do this at night :smile:

If you have any more advice I'll always be appreciative :flower:

I haven't drunk milk for maybe a year now, I've been using soy milk. It's horrible stuff but you get used to it. I think it helped, but I went on accutane so the fact I don't get many spots now is highly likely due to that.

^I love soy milk- but that's because I grew up drinking it. If you don't like the taste, you could mix a bit of honey into it!

I think it's the soy milk my parents get, other brands have tasted much nicer.
Bring on uni where I get to purchase my own soy milk ha ha.

Please let us know how it goes! I've been very curious about this notion, but I've also heard inbalances in blood sugar (white carbs basically) can cause acne, as well as eating meat...who knows!

I will definitely let you know! Im actually a vegetarian so I think the meat thing is a myth (although it might work for some people) but seeing as I dont eat meat and still have acne, i dont think so. :flower:

I will definitely let you know! Im actually a vegetarian so I think the meat thing is a myth (although it might work for some people) but seeing as I dont eat meat and still have acne, i dont think so. :flower:

same here, but it might work for some people :wink:

^ and adding MY name to the list too. Diet doesn't seem to have any clearing effect though I'm still "good" b/c I shudder to think how worse it could be if I didn't adhere to all the rules (or rumors). I keep saying 'your mileage may vary'-what works for some, doesn't work for all. :flower:

WELL GUYS!!!
i have been acne free for 2 weeks now...and i really do think that milk has something to do with it. Im not saying that it is the primary cause for everyone, but im my case i think it made the whole situation worse. I notice now since not drinkin milk (since early december) my skin isnt as finnicky, it doesnt get inflamed and pimple frenzied if i, say try to remove a whitehead :blush: (i know that is SO SO BAD :ninja:) and if i do have a pimple, its nowhere nearly as red and gross as before..maybe milk and acne are linked. skintactix briefly mentions it ( http://skintactix.com/acne_&_milk or dairy.htm ) but i do believe it is truthful theory.

i have very dry skin, mine cannot be produced by other things, say-a greasy face or anything like that..i has to be hormonal.

Hi everyone, I'm 32 and STILL battling acne. Just started Diane 35. I'd rather not be on the pill, but so far it's okay. Way better than Yasmin - the side effects were intolerable. I'm also thinking about trying some mandelic acid as an exfoliant as my pores are incredibly clogged and seem to be getting worse.

Just wondering about others' experiences with either Diane or Mandelic Acid, particularly the latter as I haven't read many personal reviews for Mandelic Acid as of yet.

Thanks! :-)

^^I'm taking Diane35 and I'm thinking of switching to Yasminelle or Yarina (there are also new, natural pills-Qlare or something like that, but I don't know much about it). I have headaches almost every day, I'm moody (that's the biggest problem:doh:) etc.

WELL GUYS!!!
i have been acne free for 2 weeks now...and i really do think that milk has something to do with it. Im not saying that it is the primary cause for everyone, but im my case i think it made the whole situation worse. I notice now since not drinkin milk (since early december) my skin isnt as finnicky, it doesnt get inflamed and pimple frenzied if i, say try to remove a whitehead :blush: (i know that is SO SO BAD :ninja:) and if i do have a pimple, its nowhere nearly as red and gross as before..maybe milk and acne are linked. skintactix briefly mentions it ( http://skintactix.com/acne_&_milk or dairy.htm ) but i do believe it is truthful theory.

i have very dry skin, mine cannot be produced by other things, say-a greasy face or anything like that..i has to be hormonal.

thanks so much for sharing this, i'm on day 4 of no dairy and can ALREADY see a difference! maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but the pimples are definitely less red, and I have fewer pimples. :woot: i'm definitely gonna stick with this for at least a month and see where i'm at. :flower:

Just wondering about others' experiences with either Diane or Mandelic Acid, particularly the latter as I haven't read many personal reviews for Mandelic Acid as of yet...

I've tried mandelic acid in a high concentration in the original version of MaMa lotion. I think it works well, but it's not my 'holy grail' product. I also think it works well in combination with other products or exfoliators instead of just solo. You may be able to find samples to try on the 'net. :flower:

I hope this is the right thread to post this, but I wanted to share a little tip I learned from a friend the other day, I had a spot and a really important next day (as usually happens when one breaks out non?) and she told me to first put my regular acne treatment ( I use nelson's acne treatment gel) and then put a small piece of micropore surgical tape (make sure it says breathable on the label, don't use the ones that are not!) over it and sleep with it on, the next morning when I woke up it was completely gone and most importantly I didn't have a brown mark left, I have light olive skin which usually leaves brown marks so I try to take really good care of my skin, but I was really amazed at how well it worked.

My friend told me that sometimes she leaves the tape on all day or more, she cuts it really small and you can't really tell because the tape is a tan color, the one I found at the drug store was white and honestly who knows if I could walk around with even a tan color on, I looked at my friend and truly until she pointed it out I didn't see it, but she's tanner than me too haha

anyways just thought I would share in case it might work for someone else as well as it worked for me.

I've found something that helps a little.
I've tried SO much over the last few years, I went on birth control (marvelon) and that didn't help, just made me curl up in pain for a quarter of the month!
I have used NUMEROUS creams, lotions, toners, washes, etc. No help.
But I went to a Body Shop 'party' (where you get to try out all the stuff from their ranges) and came across their Tea Tree range. I use the Blemish Gel every day on anything that looks/feels like it might possibly be a spot, and although it doesn't completely make them go away, it speeds up the process. (for example, this morning I woke up with a shocker on my cheek, put some of the gel on it, and it's almost gone)

Here's the link to the shop if you want to see :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->