The Art of Layering

layering is hard but i've noticed that you should definitely try and stick with basics and perhaps include in 1 stripe/pattern in there and work around that.

I know we're heading into spring, but I am feeling so inspired by this look from one of Ayano Uchida's style books. This look isn't for everyone, I admit, but I just really find the tunic top layered over a long tunic dress so charming. I'd imagine that the same concept could work in the spring too, just remove the t-neck and swap out boots for ballet flats.

pic from amazon.co.jp

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 12
very sweet tourist...:heart:
thanks for sharing...

i haven't been experimenting with layering as much these days...
i guess you could just say i've been lazy...
it's actually a bit of work to get things to layer just right...
^_^

I realised i layer a lot due to a comment on behalf of a member :lol: so clueless..
It initially comes from weather (always colder than the rest of the human race) or triying to come up with "new" items from the closet, which means combining some things and becoming a visual sandwich.

I'm enjoying the heat now, but I can't wait for the cooler weather purely for the fact that I can layer properly again!

I have a merino crewneck that´s too short, I don´t know how it shrunk, but it´s key for layering. It works over anything, it has like 13 years I don´t know. I´m fearing its final demise. Where can I get REALLY thin merino sweaters, and when I say THIN i mean like onion layers?

I love merino, cashmere is good but I prefer merino anytime.

I´m in winter now (southamerica) so my merino sweater never gets to be napping on my closet. He works 24/7. Please tell me where can I get a new one to replace this when it´s moment comes....

UNIQLO makes the best thin longsleeve for layering. Gray. Super superfine cotton. Buy smallish. Be happy

^Are they very thin and slightly transparent? I love my layering pieces to be like American Vintage's but I'm tired of paying full price for them. For some reason American Vintage tees don't go on sale in any shops here anymore, it's so annoying, but I love their basics. You can wear about 5 layers of them and it still looks good because they're so thin :lol:

newprincesita - not sure the price range you're wanting but Rick Owens does some really amazing, transparent, 100% merino tops :flower:

Is anyone layering this summer?? I am not right now ... too d#mn hot ...
I pretty much dress the same all year round, regardless if it's 100°F (like right now) or 30°F. I feel pretty much naked if I haven't layered to some degree. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->