How to look sexy without crossing the line

^ "Here are my boobs, practically all of them; and this is what a skintight dress looks like; and here's a great big zipper to fire your imagination ... but with my look, you don't need one."

I have that dress in two colors :lol:

Worn backwards it has a boat neck with intersting criss cross banding, and I've also worn it frontwards with skinny jeans.

^ It just goes to show the power of styling :wink: It sounds like you're doing exactly what's been recommended here ... low cut or bare legs, but not both. Plus if I recall you have a fairly wholesome look, which may be the very best way to balance things out :wink:

Thanks ta ta! I do think I have a little bit of the girl next door type look and I'm shy IRL which helps tone down any outfit. Being flat chested also helps :lol:

^ I was shopping last night for a jacket, and the first one I tried on fit pretty well, except it fell short of closing by a couple inches. SA: "You are busty, aren't you" :rofl: I'm not sure these are words one wants to hear while shopping--or perhaps anytime :P

err...i like the way that girl looks in that dress...
for a party or something...

i don't think that everyone could pull it off...
but i think she does and she looks super sexy...
:P

i think the soft natural hair and not overdone make up does a lot to tone it all down...
plus she has simple chic accessories with it..
it works for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
that's easy! concentrate on exposing one area of you body ex. back/legs/arms, instead of fully exposing every single part which may seem a bit trashy.

^ I don't know--reminds me of a very depressed & sad Jessica Alba. Part of the reason I don't care for the look is that she doesn't look happy in it ...

I continue to feel that that is too plunging a neckline for someone well endowed. I also do not like to see the entire silhouette of the breast from either side, I feel that is really too much for the street if 'street' is not part of your job description :innocent:

Wrt fishnets, I think what helps is a smaller or more complex weave. I have some that have additional criss-cross lines that look like the ribbons of ballet shoes going up your leg--those are my favorite. And they definitely cannot be too tight :ninja: What really crosses the line for me is flesh bulging through the openings--really bad :innocent:

i actually think that girl looks good as well...
for the reasons that softgrey already outlined...
her hair/makeup could have easily made it over the top but she's definitely not crossing the line..
her shoes are also not outrageous so that helps..

she's got a little cleavage peaking out but nothing obscene and the dress is form fitting and sexy as it is meant to be...

she looks like a pretty girl in a sexy dress to me ^_^

I mean, I like some of the Herve Leger dresses but it's getting to be overload. I have a few of the Express knockoff, but I don't dare wear them anymore-they just look vulgar on me. That's a downside of being naturally curvy-anything I wear gets me unwanted male attention.

i actually think that girl looks good as well...
for the reasons that softgrey already outlined...
her hair/makeup could have easily made it over the top but she's definitely not crossing the line..
her shoes are also not outrageous so that helps..

she's got a little cleavage peaking out but nothing obscene and the dress is form fitting and sexy as it is meant to be...

she looks like a pretty girl in a sexy dress to me ^_^

I think that's the beauty of this thread ... there is no right or wrong, and everyone's 'line' is in a little bit different place :flower:

That dress is fine for an evening out clubbing or partying, nothing wrong with it at all. It's probably even OK for the event she was at.

But for the real world of work or social events, I think's it's over the moving line.

Here's a great one: when in doubt, choose navy or gray over black!

Black heightens the sexiness quite a bit. A lace mini dress in navy or gray would look very different than the same in black.

So apparently the consensus is that curvy girls better watch ourselves. But neither do we want to look matronly. Any suggestions?

I think that's the beauty of this thread ... there is no right or wrong, and everyone's 'line' is in a little bit different place :flower:
that is why i named the thread how to look sexy without looking like a tramp..when i started it...
or whatever it was originally...

'crossing the line' is ambiguous and subjective at best...and very hard to define...

looking like a hoochie is pretty much something we can all agree on...
and all want to avoid---most of the time anyway...

:lol::lol::lol:

Black heightens the sexiness quite a bit. A lace mini dress in navy or gray would look very different than the same in black.

So apparently the consensus is that curvy girls better watch ourselves. But neither do we want to look matronly. Any suggestions?
For me, a basic high-waisted skirt in a somewhat-loose material is very good. I also like low-rise things that make my waist look longer (of course, always covering the skin!) because that helps draw the eye away. Whenever I do a polo, unless it is one that only has one or two buttons, I always wear a tank top underneath it in order to keep from showing very much cleavage. For good basics, I like A&F's polos because they only have two buttons, meaning no cleavage.

The thing that gets annoying is when there is a great dress, very figure-flattering-and yet it has a slit in the back. I can't sew it up or add details because it would wreck the piece, unless I did something like a thick black lace.

yeah the line can change depending on where you are/what event you are attending/what time of day it is.... but a tramp is always a tramp :lol:

I'm not at all sure that's true ... the picture above that we're disagreeing about would certainly be considered over the line by the majority of people where I live, to the best of my knowledge ... I think there are probably regional differences that come into play.

But considering we're talking about a dress that GG owns (in two colors!! :wink:), I'm glad we're not discussing it in terms of 'tramp' and 'hoochie.' This is a topic where we could quickly and inadvertently cross from expressing personal opinions to directly insulting fellow members, IMO ...

What I do is just bear in mind that everything is likely going to be a couple degrees more intense (at least :wink:) on me than on someone built like a coat hanger, so I try to dial it down accordingly. I have also always had a personal preference for not showing a lot of arm/leg, so that kind of naturally has a dial-down effect.

I like your point about color ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->