The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

^^^ indeed!

^^ me2

I a few of them in a book of CdG....really nice!

thanx, Kawakubian...

A chair designed by Rei Kawakubo. Presently on sale on Ebay.
hmm..reminds me of something i saw at Dover Street Market:alien:

Attachments

• 0530_1_lg.jpg
    0530_1_lg.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 17
ex-Comme des Garcons Homme designer Keiichi Tanaka.

scan from Relax magazine (April 2006)

Attachments

• tanaka.jpg
    tanaka.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 53
DSM Tokyo opened yesterday. I happened to go in the evening when there was a sort of gathering inside and around the store. Caterers were walking around passing out champagne, and Rei Kawakubo and her husband were there mingling. I've never been to DSM London, but some people were saying Tokyo is more or less a smaller version. They had some of the latest stuff from all of the lines--both men's and women's--mixed with some select things (hats, sunglasses, pots, books, etc.) and some original items. The interior design was probably the most impressive thing. They appearently brought in a whole bunch of artists to work on different elements like the curtains, wall paintings, shelves, and various structures. There was a crazy-looking lamp/chandelier with wires and bulbs twisted together that they had specially made (that at first glace looked as if it could catch fire at any moment).

Damien I love that picture! I was thinking about it today actually...i wish there was a newer one with Tao instead of Tanaka :D

so... 13 lines? let's see:
1. Comme Des Garçons (women's)
2. Comme Des Garçons Homme Plus
3. Comme Des Garçons Play
4. Comme Des Garçons by Junyah Watanabe
5. Comme Des Garçons by Tao
6. Comme Des Garçons Shirt
7. Comme Des Garçons Parfums
8. Comme Des Garçons by Fred Perry
9. Comme Des Garçons by Peggy Moffitt
-----now to the stuff i don't know-----
10. Comme Des Garçons Noir
11. Comme Des Garçons Speedo.....

.... what else???? and what is "Noir" all about?

1.COMME des GARCONS (women main line) subline Noir
2. COMME des GARCONS HOMME PLUS (men main line) sublines SPORT and EVERGREEN
3.JUNYA WATANABE COMME des GARCONS (women main line)
4. JUNYA WATANABE COMME des GARCONS MAN (men main line)
5. JUNYA WATANABE MAN PINK (the clothe from the men mainline for women)
6.TAO COMME des GARCONS
7.COMME des GARCONS COMME des GARCONS
8.COMME des GARCONS SHIRT
9.COMME des GARCONS HOMME
10.Tricot COMME des GARCONS
11. COMME des GARCONS PURFUMS
12.COMME des GARCONS WALLETS
13.PLAY COMME des GARCONS
and of course there lots of collaboration such as, FRED PERRY, SPEEDO, LEVIS, NIKE, NORTH FACE, MONCLAIR etc...etc...etc....

I was told that Noir is kind of Evergreen for women.
Speedo is one of RK's seasonal collaborations.

There is also Comme Comme (simplier Comme des Garcons)
CdG JW MAN Pink - likes CdG JW Man, but for women.
CdG Homme - simplier and Japanese oriented men's line.

There is also COMME des GARCONS HOMME DEUX (a formal men's line] and COMME des GARCONS parfums PARFUMS.

MAN PINK unfortunately ended the season before last. JAN and eYe (JW collaborations with North Face, Lacoste, etc.) ended with the stores last season. robe de chambre (the Japanese version of Comme Comme) was merged with Comme Comme in SS 2005. (COMME des GARCONS COMME des GARCONS is also referred to as Comme Comme.) Other discontinued lines include: PEGGY MOFFETT COMME des GARCONS and COMME des GARCONS HOMME HOMME.

The Fred Perry collaboration falls under SHIRT. There is also a subline called "denim" under the JW line.

Then there are original things for particular shops like 10 Corso Como, Corner, DSM, etc. and short-term series like one earlier this year incorporating the work of Helmut Newton.

JW handles the JW lines and is the center of the design team for HOMME. Tao is in charge of Tao and Tricot. RK heads up everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont forget ROBE DE CHAMBRE , comme des garcons.......if it still exists.

Robe is now Comme Comme, BB.

I didn't know that Man Pink has ended. There is still a JAN swr here in Warsaw G. (Some musicians came from Paris and bought almost everything:-P)

ah ok ...nqth.....what about the now defunct CDG magazine ..SIX ? can that be included in universe ??....not not included like PLUTO ??!!!

what comes round comes round again and again...

Damien said:
Eight issues from 1988 to 1991... maybe a comet?

:D ^_^ :P :wink: :flower: ...maybe SIX may come round in another 50 years ?

damien ...who is keiichi tanaka ? ..why the fascination with him and where is he now and if he still designs where does he sell ??.

was i the only one who saw the CDG SHIRT ad in the herald tribune today ?? ie tues 5th Sept ???..what does that mean ???......

damien ..do you live in tokyo ??:ninja:

Keiichi Tanaka worked as a designer at CdG from 1990 through AW 2003, during which time he was in charge of COMME des GARCONS HOMME. (So he's out of the Universe.) According to the photo caption on the previous page he is now working freelance. He is also the older brother of Yuji Tanaka, a famous Japanese comedian (from the duo Bakusho Mondai).

I saw the SHIRT ad--guys without shirts. Cool ad for the second page of the herald tribune.

I do live in Tokyo. There is plenty of CdG shopping. Some Play shirts were featured in a magazine or something, and now every other person is wearing one. At first I thought it was sad to see CdG being swept up in such a superficial trend, but then I realized that the Play line is kind of engineered that way. (I wonder if SHIRT will take off too after appearing in the newspaper.:blink: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Filanga
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->