The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

^ guys without shirts? Could you please scan or make a photo of it? People appear in Comme's ads rarely - starting from Shirt ads in i-D few seasons ago I think, but half naked? :shock:

Thanks Damien.

nqth said:
^ guys without shirts? Could you please scan or make a photo of it? People appear in Comme's ads rarely - starting from Shirt ads in i-D few seasons ago I think, but half naked? :shock:

Thanks Damien.

nqth...for sure...the advert had a photo of a guy without a shirt ...and could have been reflected in a mirror.....it was a pretty dark picture overall and then has comme des garosn shirt as a sign off.......not impressive ...i did not keep the paper ....but the ad looks very .dare i say ..GUCCI ? or for that matter Armani , prada ....you know what i mean...very unlike CDG , very mainstream......i almost cried . B) :cry: :sick: :ninja:

wow, so many labels to keep up with, it really is a CdG universe .! :wacko:

nqth said:
I didn't question your post BB, I was just shocked.

no nqth...i didnt mean that you questioned my post ....not at all...pls dont take it too literally ...i was just surprised ..like you were surprised ....that such an advert ... from CDG can appear...if you looked at todays WSJ wall street journal.you will find a Girogio Armani ad...and looks almost identical to the CDG one.....i almost cried yet again ...:yuk: :cry: :ninja:

the Devil also wears COMME ??

arlekindearrabal said:
from us vogue, september 2006
scanned by Avant_Garde.

OKOK........whats happening at comme des garccons...??

first we see a comme SHIRT ad in the herald tribune and now...a mega spread in US vogue ..??.........does the Devil also wears Comme.???

this reeks of some major publicity/ very commercial/ mainstream /PR excercise by CDG ....maybe CNN and BBC world and AL Jazeera should also cover this too.......:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: B)

Last edited by a moderator:
^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

. .i was a little shocked when i saw that article in VOGUE.
typical of american vogue to make comme so trendy though. :rolleyes: :P :wink:

i posted them mainly for the photography... comme des garcons captured by irving penn is not something to be easily dismissed

WOW, i just bought the US VOGUE and it is full of CdG! This is amazing!!! All the CdG funs, should get a copy, I dont think that this will happen again :-)

It was very kind of you Arlekin, sharing with us the photos!!!Many thanks!

BBrick, it could be weird if Vogue didn't like Comme:-)) It's kind of doing it good for both parties. Comme, but esp. TAO and Undercover have some exposure, Vogue has the avant gard stuffs it doesn't usually show.

Thanks Arle:-)

some cute pics in this weeks issue of Italian Grazia...
if anyone has it maybe they can scan...
i don't have a scanner, unfortunately...
but it's a cute story that uses some really nice Y's pieces a well...:P

Apart + Comme des Garcons

Hope that this is the right thread for this, if not feel free to remove it...:flower:

From fuk.co.uk:
London's 'Apart' art space is collaborating for a second season on a series of T-shirts for Comme des Garcon.

The project came about after Apart sent artworks to Louis Vuitton's private shopping club in Tokyo last year. Comme's Junya Wantanabe saw Conrad Leach's pop art portraits and on his next visit to London, popped into Apart to buy a painting (sensibly at London prices) which was then shipped to Japan for him. Once Junya and Apart's owner got talking, the designer expressed an interest in using some of the space's artists to create T-shirts. Spring/summer 06 saw the first series with designs from Sunil Pawar, Ben Cheshire, Sean Alexander and Ulla Puggard and for winter 07 there are two new arists involved - James Holdsworth, Gustavo Gagliardo and another Sean Alexander creation. Dover Street Market is set to stock the second series with each shirt priced approx £130 - delivery January 2007.

Apart has been serving up a fresh and varied range of art happenings and works at 138 Portobello Road (the point at which the posh meets prole) since April 1st 2000 supporting a slew of artists including Ric Blackshaw fom the Scrawl collective, Pakpoom Silaphan, Joseph Joy, Minx Design and Paul Savage. There's a lot that is special about Apart - it's no wonder the astute Mr Wantanabe has taken an interest in working with its artists. For one thing, it was created out of a blinding mass of rubble (the site used to be an antiques market) and turned into one of the best places to walk round and view art works in London by Adrian Palengat aka Big A. Adrian is one-time tree surgeon with a huge passion for maverick, unhinged and out-there art and ideas. Big A himself has inspired many of the artists who've taken part in exhibitions at Apart - as is evident from contributions to the book, Five Years Apart. And where else would you expect to see a for one-night-only exhibition featuring every page of an unpublished novel (by Ben Arogundades) stuck on every available surface, or a series of skateboards doctored, decorated and debauched by graf artists from all over London town (David Laub's Inspired exhibition).

Unfortunately, unless something miraculous happens soon (please God it does) Apart will close its doors and become a bakery/cafe operated by a corporate concern. Rent and rate rises in excess of 100% over the last year alone is forcing Adrian to take his crew of creatives and their artworks on the road. Apart will take part in flash-style art happenings in Europe and Japan - it could be a lot of fun and while Adrian is disappointed to be leaving he's upfront that "with these price rises you just cannot make a profit. The corporates are moving into the Portobello and when corporates gatecrash the party, the cool people leave."

Attachments

• cdg2.jpg
    cdg2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 349
  • cdg3.jpg
    cdg3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 350
  • cdg4.jpg
    cdg4.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 352
  • cdg5.jpg
    cdg5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 350
  • cgd1.jpg
    cgd1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 351
  • cdg6.jpg
    cdg6.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 349
  • cdg8.jpg
    cdg8.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 350
Is Rei Kawakubo a Japanese Militarist supporter ??

nqth said:
BBrick, it could be weird if Vogue didn't like Comme:-)) It's kind of doing it good for both parties. Comme, but esp. TAO and Undercover have some exposure, Vogue has the avant gard stuffs it doesn't usually show.

Thanks Arle:-)

for sure it is weird ....but US vogue hasnt done much comme anything for quite a while [ and in turn I havent bought US vogue for quite a while too ...probably becos its so BORING and directionless !! ] ...and only recently bought the sept us vogue....largely becos of the article on CDG ..........

that aside....and WE HAVE TO PUT this aside as this is only fashion i tthought the irving penn pics were not that impressive...the whole concept and the theme lingered in the 80s especially for the CDG and Tao Pix.[ which was my fave of the lot - i loved the Tao collection - until i saw the prices !!!:sick: :o :sick: ....the blackened eyes and the contorted torsos reallly was OLD OLD OLD .....my fave pix was the Undercover shot which was powerful and did evoke some emotion.....:woot: :ninja:

i missed the sept issue of US vogue. dont ask why.................
anyone knows how to get back issues? i'm also bothered that a magazine like vogue is giving cdg such a big spread but i do like the visuals. both cdg and undercover's outfits look great.

The Play Box outside the Aoyama Store:-P
from http://l4wonder.exblog.jp/
e0087866_2225669.jpg

Hmm...I had no idea that CdG had done a collab with Westwood, but it makes sense. CdG is pretty promiscuous with the collaborations, and Westwood is like a natural fit after CdG's recent interest in British and mod tropes, particularly the SS2006 collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TabooDresses
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->