The Cover Challenge (Logos, Tips & Tricks. Ask your technical questions here)

Simera

Reaction score
29qmyck.jpg

90zwuo.png

w8x5qa.png

logo5e.png

logo3ve.png

logo4l.png

logo1iu.png

logo2qs.png

I did the all but the harpers one but the other is from rtvg.com :smile:
I know they aren't all amazing, but if you do some touching up they work!

Source | Brushes made by Simera.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone finds out the names of the fonts for these logos, please let us know. I will also do so if I discover any.

For example, for Vogue, I use Didot at stretched at 120%.
Elle looks like Didot stretched even more, like at 200%, and bold.
Bazaar looks similarly.

Numero and the "teen" part of teenVogue look a lot like the font Arial Black.

How you guys change the colour from the black magazine logo given by Simera. I tried paint bucket tool and it didn't work out well.. plus, i can't drag them to new file because it's png. any tips??

How you guys change the colour from the black magazine logo given by Simera. I tried paint bucket tool and it didn't work out well.. plus, i can't drag them to new file because it's png. any tips??

do you use ps? you can select the letters with magic wand, create a new layer so you can save it as .jpg or .tif and then fill them with the color you want.

If you make them brushes then you can just change the color like you would with any other brush :smile:

The font for the title of Interview magazine is very very close to the font called "Mistral".

This is from About.com or something like that, advice on how to put a pattern or particular colour into a Title Font in Photoshop.

1. Select the Type Tool and enter some text. The text will appear on its own layer.
2. Open the image you want to use as a fill.
3. Select the Move tool.
4. Drag and Drop the image onto the document containing your text. The image will appear on a new layer.
5. Go to the Layer menu and choose Create Clipping Mask
6. Use the Move tool to adjust the position of the top layer.

Tips:
1. At any time you can double click the text layer in the layers palette to edit the text.
2. Instead of using an image for the fill, try a gradient, use a pattern fill, or paint on the layer with any of the painting tools.
3. By painting on the grouped layer you can change the color of individual letters or words in the text block without creating separate text layers.
4. Experiment with different blend modes on the grouped layer for interesting effects.

Oh I have Interview as well!

interviewow.png

:D

source | brush created by Simera

Simera, thank you so much for posting all of the other magazine logos! I really can't wait for the next round! :wink:

scanned and edited by GivenchyHomme

Guys, what about the logo of W? I mean the old logo before it was changed.

Could someone do InStyle & GQ for me?

Here's the old W logo in case you do not want to use its new logo. :D I edited it from a scan of a certain issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"