The End Of Sex?

you must have charisma, confidence, and grace to pull off those looks. if you possess said attributes, you'd be able to make anything look 'sexy'.

personally, i think the chloe looks are sexy. there is something flirty and romantic yet intelligent about them.

the marc looks are dire, imo.

Regardless of what's happening on the runway, I still see a LOT of skin-barring "sexy" ways of dressing (what some might call "sl*tty," but I absolutely despise that term). Very young girls are being sexualised more and more nowadays. When I walk down the street, I see girls in miniskirts, low-cut tanks, and heels on a daily basis. I don't think this sense of "sexy" is going to be out of style anytime soon to the average person.

hitzpink said:
When I walk down the street, I see girls in miniskirts, low-cut tanks, and heels on a daily basis. I don't think this sense of "sexy" is going to be out of style anytime soon to the average person.

this isn't "in style" to begin with- thats just insecurity and vulgarity combined with peer pressure.

What's seen on the mass of the population is generally the opposite of what anyone on this website would consider "stylish" anyway!
We're supposed to be one step ahead of what other people are doing.:lol:

and anyway, that is not what I mean when I talk about sexy. I'm talking about mature, adult women, wearing figure hugging, but not nesecarrily skin revealing clothing

like my pics posted preciously

stilettogirl84 said:
this isn't "in style" to begin with- thats just insecurity and vulgarity combined with peer pressure.
You hit the nail on the head there^..

Sexy is dressing to accentuate the good, and minimise the bad. It doesnt have to be tight or lowcut dresses and vulgar things..Women are women. So I think sexy is R Mouret Dresses that give shape to the figure..sexy is how Rachel Weisz, Angelina Jolie and Liv tyler dress at premiers. Sexy to me is not looking like a sack with legs.

(images from www.femalefirst.com, http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/ and from pages from the fashion spot.)

Attachments

• 1415010.jpg
    1415010.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2
  • rachel-weisz-in-1.jpg
    rachel-weisz-in-1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 212
  • michelle williams.JPG
    michelle williams.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 1
John_M. said:
I have no control over any lady's thoughts.

It's good that you know that B)

stillettogirl, I think that 3rd Chloe look is sexy ... :P Yes, the neck is very high, but look how it clings as the model walks ... that dress is a tease ... yes, I'm wearing a tent ... wouldn't you just love to be in here with me :wink:

I agree with the point being made here, though, that sexy is a preference (as indicated in the quiz you posted), and people are going to find a way to reveal/cover up pretty much what they want to.

I suppose I just need to keep an open mind- and remember that there are many ways to be sexy!

:flower:

I think Louboutin has designed some heels this season-one of them being a gorgeously sexy leather platform peep toe shoe, with the red sole making it even more provocative, that I love, and although I'm not usually all for channelling that look, I love it! I think you just have to know when to stop.

Selene Darkheart said:
I think Roland Mouret's stuff is sexy... gotta love that hourglass-- man!

thats what i love- the hourglass!

Loose flowy stuff looks good on little girls,
but clingy stuff looks good on Women!

The problem with 'sexy' is that we had an overdose of sexy lately, everything is can be sexy these days, a sexy car, sexy chair, sexy everything. I don't belief in sexy things, not even sexy clothing or sexy shoes, it is all about how you wear it. If a girl wears fabulous high heel louboutins, for example, and she looks very selfconcious she does not look sexy.
Another form of sexy overdose, the overdose of huge fake boobs and fake lips, and fake everything we see everywere. I thing designers are tired of this images, so they design from a another perspective than sexy.

thats what i love- the hourglass!

Loose flowy stuff looks good on little girls,
but clingy stuff looks good on Women!

Love the (Roland Mouret) hourglass to, but there are woman who can pull off loosy flowy stuff very wel.

stilettogirl84 said:
and anyway, that is not what I mean when I talk about sexy. I'm talking about mature, adult women, wearing figure hugging, but not nesecarrily skin revealing clothing

I know what you mean, and I agree. But I was saying that I don't see the sense of sexy we're discussing in this thread as something that will catch on with the masses. I don't see a big shift to more modest clothing choices, except amongst those who are up with the trends and not wearing the newest miniskirt from Abercrombie.

Wow! Four years since the last post! This is one of the best thread on tFS history ... and keeping on topic, it seems that sex is lurking back into the scene ... especially now that Tom Ford is back on the designer rink and will debut his womenswear collection ^_^

To me, Tom Ford could stay in Hollywood and never come back and fashion would still be more than thirsty to prioritise sex, they've been already pushing it for a while with emphasized lingerie and hosiery and embracing models that scream 'sex' (like Lara Stone) and this season in particular, it seems to have gone from lurking and being an option to actually taking center stage in mainstream collections and publications.. I mean, even Anna Wintour delivered a not so saturated cover just so the focus stays on Marion Cotillard's cleavage in this month's Vogue. :lol:

In my book, sexy is good in both men and women, sexual and vulgar isn't, in ANY of them. and I'm afraid we'll be seeing more of the latter as it's a territory people can hardly control themselves in and the limits are frequently broken.

The upside of the resurgence of an oversexualised aesthetic is that the antithesis doesn't take longer to follow in.. back when Tom Ford was pretending to empower women through vulgarity, there were so many designers and publications with an equally active fluid of ideas to counterbalance that, people like Jurgi, like Adrover, people that were creating clothes for real women that value their femininity as much as self-expression and creativity and wanted to feel like themselves in clothes and not like you have to wear that dress because attracting men is the only thing a woman should have in mind when she walks out the door.

A little off-topic but it's amazing how predictable fashion can be even in a relatively short span of 10 years.. I was reading WWD's coverage of F/W 08 trends a couple years ago and how the mood and direction of designers was generally a confusing one being the fact that we were exiting a decade and it's kind of unsurprising how now, that the economy left its worst moment and we're opening a brand new chapter, everyone's trying to celebrate with the obvious, sex-in-your-face party.
I guess we can safely predict a lady-like revival for 2010 already!. :lol:

The upside of the resurgence of an oversexualised aesthetic is that the antithesis doesn't take longer to follow in.. back when Tom Ford was pretending to empower women through vulgarity, there were so many designers and publications with an equally active fluid of ideas to counterbalance that, people like Jurgi, like Adrover, people that were creating clothes for real women that value their femininity as much as self-expression and creativity and wanted to feel like themselves in clothes and not like you have to wear that dress because attracting men is the only thing a woman should have in mind when she walks out the door
I agree with you completely: frankly it works in that 'tidal' sort of way all the time. As the oversexualised aesthetic emerges, its opposite follows shortly behind. When the latter becomes the flavour of the month, over sexuality is championed by other advocates once again. 2010, like 2009, will definitely be all about sex but the anthethesis of that will probably emerge before the year is out

To me, Tom Ford could stay in Hollywood and never come back and fashion would still be more than thirsty to prioritise sex, they've been already pushing it for a while with emphasized lingerie and hosiery and embracing models that scream 'sex' (like Lara Stone) and this season in particular, it seems to have gone from lurking and being an option to actually taking center stage in mainstream collections and publications.. I mean, even Anna Wintour delivered a not so saturated cover just so the focus stays on Marion Cotillard's cleavage in this month's Vogue. :lol:

In my book, sexy is good in both men and women, sexual and vulgar isn't, in ANY of them. and I'm afraid we'll be seeing more of the latter as it's a territory people can hardly control themselves in and the limits are frequently broken.

The upside of the resurgence of an oversexualised aesthetic is that the antithesis doesn't take longer to follow in.. back when Tom Ford was pretending to empower women through vulgarity, there were so many designers and publications with an equally active fluid of ideas to counterbalance that, people like Jurgi, like Adrover, people that were creating clothes for real women that value their femininity as much as self-expression and creativity and wanted to feel like themselves in clothes and not like you have to wear that dress because attracting men is the only thing a woman should have in mind when she walks out the door.

A little off-topic but it's amazing how predictable fashion can be even in a relatively short span of 10 years.. I was reading WWD's coverage of F/W 08 trends a couple years ago and how the mood and direction of designers was generally a confusing one being the fact that we were exiting a decade and it's kind of unsurprising how now, that the economy left its worst moment and we're opening a brand new chapter, everyone's trying to celebrate with the obvious, sex-in-your-face party.
I guess we can safely predict a lady-like revival for 2010 already!. :lol:

well- that was right on the money, wasn't it?!...
:P

what do you predict now?!...

To me, Tom Ford could stay...

Interesting views MulletProof. I wish I could see it happening but I just donot think sexvertising is going anywhere.

Tom Ford and others might have really pressed with adding sex but now I think its almost to a point where its taken for granted and accepted the norm. And what about consumers, are we so conditioned and 'an open book' that designers can play us around to their own scheme?

I suppose you ladies & gents have read this:
*removed- please don't post links*

I would be shocked if there is a market for this and the blame should (if it succeeds) rest with any parent who actually purchases this for their child.

Last edited by a moderator:
^if you'd like to share an article please copy and paste it here...
direct links to other sites are not compliant with tFS guidelines...

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->