The End Of Sex?

milkeyedmender said:
i just want to cry sometimes when i see girls wearing next to nothing, disrespecting their body, their temple, to please other people.

nothing is more sad than someone thinking they HAVE to dress sexy or expose thier body in order to feel they can be liked.

Regardless- the kind of sexy that I like to wear- the kind that I like in fashion-
is a very covered up, very Fitted, Powerful kind of sexy. Showing one's curves, and shape- but not nescessarily a lot of skin.

I just don't like the other extreme- the "marykate/ ashly look- so covered up, so many layers and whatever, that it's like on is ashamed of their body or thier gender.

Those two girls, they were too famous, at too young an age- since they were babies! and i think thier style of dressing, is kind of a way to hide from the world, to hide thier bodies because they don't want to be seen sexually. This is not a healthy kind of look to emulate either- either extreme is, i think a sign of insecurity or low self esteem

"Regardless- the kind of sexy that I like to wear- the kind that I like in fashion-
is a very covered up, very Fitted, Powerful kind of sexy. Showing one's curves, and shape- but not nescessarily a lot of skin."

absolutely! I feel the same
here are some sexy /to me/ things that I'd wear'
BG and Neiman pictures

Attachments

• BGB02DQ_mn.jpg
    BGB02DQ_mn.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 153
  • BGB8174_mn.jpg
    BGB8174_mn.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 149
  • NMB8027_mn.jpg
    NMB8027_mn.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 149
more that fit into my criteria of "sexy"
pictures from BG

Attachments

• BG-0QAX_mn.jpg
    BG-0QAX_mn.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 147
  • BG-0R2L_mn.jpg
    BG-0R2L_mn.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 146
  • shim.gif
    shim.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 146
interesting thread!

sexy does not mean only naked skin to me. to be dressed a bit uptight can be sexy. its all in the eye of the beholder really!

a naked back is sexier than too much cleavage
a short skirt / shorts and nice shirt with nice flats can be really sexy
i think it's just the right mix and who wears what.

to be self-conscious but nice is sexy:smile:

i think the idea of what is sexy is continually changing, it won't go away, it will just reinvent itself in seasonal trends - we've had agressive a la tom ford, then ladylike a la marc jacobs, and so on.

aris- love your looks- thats the kind of thing i mean! i will go find some examples and post them as well

"Sexy" is so subjective. What is considered sexy to one can be total opposite to another

I was just thinking of that collection from Tom Ford for Gucci! In my eyes, that was the epitome of sexy. It had this vulnerability and dark mood to it, but yet it was strong. I loved every last moment of it. :heart:

i think sexy will never be out of style, nowadays there are just more things that are sexy and the concept of sexy has expanded. it doesn't have to be sexy by the traditional way: polished and well fitted. that still is sexy of course but slouchy and a bit rugged is hot too.

I know when I wear something low cut or too sexy I feel outdated, Or like a fashion victim or something.

I think as long as ladies want to make a statement and be the eye-catching divas they want to be, I don't think sexy is going away anytime soon. I don't want to believe that looking sexy is going to fade away because there are always some ladies looking to push the limits and maybe go on the risqué side. I think there is a such thing as looking sexy and still being in style. Only as long as you're not looking like jailbait or whatever or one of those hookers (is it okay to say that on here?), then you're perfectly fine. Designers are always going to try to come up with fashion items to unveil the attractive and sultry beauty hidden within fashion-conscious ladies.

The only way sexy can be out of style is if some designers convince ladies that more modest fashions will still bring the same results as, say... a slender lady in a mini skirt wearing high-heeled strappy sandals. The only way that's going to happen is if designers can come up with fashion styles which don't bare too many details. And a lady is going to want to feel comfortable while being attractive (or at least beautiful). A little joke I would make is that sexy was showing signs of dying out when some ladies wanted to wear leggings under denim mini skirts. I haven't been on here in a while, but I did say that it wasn't very fashionable for me. Maybe a tunic and some capri leggings, but that's about it.

Maybe my general feelings are on the deal that something low cut does make one seem too much as a fashion victim of some sort. I just prescribe to the deal that love has skyrocketed since maybe World War 2. Sexy then was probably anything just above the knees. The 70s brought along a plethora of hot fashions including hot pants (still popular today) and gaucho pants or culottes based on how you wish to term them (recently made popular again; some ladies prove that they can be a year-round fashion). I guess the 80s brought along more rock-style stuff as rock music (I'm not a big fan of rock) was being popular and more grungy outfits were the rage. I should know since I was born in 1983. The 1990s pretty much provided the backbone for what we consider the modern version of sexy. There's been all sorts of love-inspired clothes as well as midriff-baring and leg-bearing objects. I'm personally not offended by all of this. A lady should be able to dress as she wants to. I have no control over any lady's thoughts. If you want to wear that low-cut top exposing your navel piercing and that mini skirt that that rides up mid-thigh, go for it. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and attractive works for me.

Sexy will never be out of style as long as ladies still want to look as attractive as they want to be. Never forget that.

i think it depends because,many people have different interpetations of sexy because what lil kim wore was not sext at all to me,but yeah i personally think it's not out of style

i think sexy is not necessarily showing skin or a naked body, but when you want to see the naked body underneath the clothes; It's also how the person acts in a such a way that you want to see into their mind, that's what makes a person sexy. imo.

I haven't read all the entries, but I think that sexy is still "in." It has just morphed into a sexy that doesn't look like Lil Kim with her breasts hanging out. The same people that were sexy in other clothes remain sexy in today's trends.

I can see why editors would use it as a critical comment, though. Designers are expected to add more than just "sexy" to their collections. They are expected to use their intellect to design. That's why Prada, Marc Jacobs, and Stefano Pilati (to a lesser degree) are getting so much play. They are using ideas of "protection in an urban environment" to create clothes that cover rather than reveal. These clothes don't look sexy at first glance, so instead the "sexy" part is the girl swathed in layers of cashmere and wool.

IMO, sexy is always in style as long as people are ruled by their hormones.

non sexy looks pictures from style.com.
This is just my opinion.

Attachments

• 160m.jpg
    160m.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 162m.jpg
    162m.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 172m.jpg
    172m.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
  • 173m.jpg
    173m.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 189m.jpg
    189m.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Yes- and I take issue with Marc Jacobs and Chloe

Both Whose bags I like a lot- but whose clothes are almost militantly anti-sexy
I understand that they are supposed to be "cool" but why does that have to mean cuts which completely ignore the body? Shapes which, in my opinion, make even the superskinny models look fat?

Personally, I want to look attractive first, and "in style" second

Chloe
00020m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00160m.jpg
00340m.jpg

and Marc
00010m.jpg
00330m.jpg

00340m.jpg
00560m.jpg

all pics from style.com