The end of skinny jeans

hello_0987

Reaction score
I read recently in the times (an english newspaper) that the next big trend will be super flared jeans, high waists and boy friend jeans.

a backlash to skinny jeans kind of how big hair is in now as a backlash to super straight hair.

Just wondering what poeples opinion to this is?!

Well, skinny jeans is indeed not as fashionable/trendy as they were, but there the jeans that def. work best for me, as i tend to wear alot of oversized tee's, sweaters, shirts etc and then, i need something very skinny to balance it out. I don't like straightlegs, bootcut or flared, so to me, skinny is the only option. I'll wear them anyday anyway, fashionable or not.

IMO, denim will always be "in", at least more classical shapes as the skinny jean, the straightleg, and in some cases, the bootleg. I think it's more important to find the version that suits and flatter you the most. To me, that would be the skinny jean. For other, it may be the straightleg or bootcut.

Agreed. I for one like the skinny jean silhouette, but I also favor many other cuts as well. I think that beyond being a trend, the fact that skinny jeans got so fashionable opened a lot of people up to something they maybe wouldn't have been caught dead in at some point in their lives (ahem) and made it work for themselves.

Maybe I won't stick with the skinny jean forever, but as long as I feel good and comfortable in it I won't feel forced to stop wearing them; I wear them if I only because I like them and I feel they flatter me, same goes for straight-leg and bootcut. If I didn't feel comfortable in high-waisted jeans or boyfriend jeans I wouldn't try them just because they're trendy. I think it's cool to have that option to feel great in whatever you feel like wearing, regardless of what's in or out.

Just stating the obvious, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe because there a additional options available that skinny jeans are OUT. I simply think there will be more choices.:flower:

this was the obvious next step, and it surely has started to show up on the streets again. however, I don't think anyone is really prepared to give up skinnies (I have tried twice myself with no avail). They are just much easier to work in with looks than any other jeans, so more likely than not people are going to display a mix of styles in their wardrobes from skinny to wide legged.

I'm quite short (with short leggs)and so i never went for the skinny jeans. i think both looks will be difficult for me so ill stickwith my boot cut. but im kind of glad personally that its ending.... (probably since i could never get away with it lol)

but failsafe find the look that works for you :smile:

What are boyfriend jeans? I have seen in editorials those really high 70's jeans that reach your middle waist. Are those it?

I think the trend, imo, has to do with the music that is coming up. Everything goes in cycles - and the current trend is everything 80's - with guys wearing makeup and doing their hair all fancy.

I knew that there was going to be 'grunge' type period coming over, though everyone thought I literally meant the grunge-era with bands like Nirvana and such and could not agree with me, but I think it's more of an 'anti-pretty' look the guys will adopt to counter the current trend - and what I'm seeing is more of a 60's thing come back - guys looking like Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.

Check out bands like Wolfmother, Valient Thorr and the new look of the Killers. I'm totally into this, guys looking like viking invaders? :D

Boyfriendjeans are looser jeans, basically. More faded, looser jeans, often in lightblue shades.

I don't think any denim will go out of style after the skinny jean trent. I think it made people realize that they should find jeans that flatter them, regardless of the type.
I personally wear only skinny jeans, because anything else looks weird on me.

hell no i aint wearing no bell bottoms.

i've been wearing skinny jeans even before they came as a trend, I can wear some oversized pants here and there, but nothing like my classic 501's if not my stellas

I don't care for 'the next big thing' I'll wear whatever looks good on me, in my opinion, and not that of a fashionmagazine or whatever.

skinny jeans are classic, along with many other different cuts- denim will never go out of style. so who cares which style of jean is 'in or out.' The truth is jeans are a major part of most peoples wardrobes and whatever style of denim they choose to wear is entirely up to that individual. PLUS- each person knows what jean looks good on him or her, so in short, i believe that there is no such thing as the skinny jean, leaving 'the scene'

I only care for skinny, straight leg or bootcut jeans and I couldn't really give a sh*t if it weren't trendy or not.

They have been saying about flared and boyfriend jeans overtaking skinny jeans for months but the truth is they are just as hard to pull off as skinnys for some people.

I totally disagree with this whole thread. Skinny jeans are not OUT. They are OUT and always have been OUT for people with big thighs, big legs, and round hips, PEAR SHAPES. Skinny individuals dont have to worry, because we will be able to wear skinny jeans for years to come.

Crakk said:
I totally disagree with this whole thread. Skinny jeans are not OUT. They are OUT and always have been OUT for people with big thighs, big legs, and round hips, PEAR SHAPES. Skinny individuals dont have to worry, because we will be able to wear skinny jeans for years to come.

What do you suggest people with big...everythig should wear?

I don't know, I have seen 'skinny' people looking really bad in skinny jeans, you have to know how to wear it, as goes for most things.

kanita said:
What do you suggest people with big...everythig should wear?

I don't know, I have seen 'skinny' people looking really bad in skinny jeans, you have to know how to wear it, as goes for most things.

Something flattering, because skinny jeans are not flattering on pear shapes, they make the hips look bigger.

Crakk said:
Something flattering, because skinny jeans are not flattering on pear shapes, they make the hips look bigger.

I must say, for me cigarette leg jeans are the best, I don't think I will quit them any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->