The end of skinny jeans

J brand has just come out with a flared jean now! i was surprised to see it on shopbop.com.

kanita said:
I must say, for me cigarette leg jeans are the best, I don't think I will quit them any time soon.

Cigarette jeans huh? Similar to stove pipe jeans?

Crakk said:

Cigarette jeans huh? Similar to stove pipe jeans?

Wouldn't know, never heard of to be honest.

J brand has just come out with a flared jean now! i was surprised to see it on shopbop.com.

I say no to flared jeans. :rolleyes:

anyway i don't care about the next jeans trend... but please move on... in Paris, they are ALL wearing it... it's simply becoming... hey guys there's sthg else than skinny jeans... you have baggy, you have 507 or 501... or whatever... move on!

I must say, for me cigarette leg jeans are the best, I don't think I will quit them any time soon.

just a question : why we call it skinny jeans... as they are cigarette jeans... I mean they are almost the same, non? perhaps the ankle is different, non?
cigarettes jeans are not that tighten on the ankle... and skinny jeans they are tighten from head to toe...??? i always wonder....

resize

Stove pipe jeans!

NMT0QE2_mt.jpg

Cigarette leg jean

acne1af.jpeg

Skinny jean

Source:: http://www.bizrate.com/womensjeans/oid455696395.html

BerlinRocks said:
anyway i don't care about the next jeans trend... but please move on... in Paris, they are ALL wearing it... it's simply becoming... hey guys there's sthg else than skinny jeans... you have baggy, you have 507 or 501... or whatever... move on!

just a question : why we call it skinny jeans... as they are cigarette jeans... I mean they are almost the same, non? perhaps the ankle is different, non?
cigarettes jeans are not that tighten on the ankle... and skinny jeans they are tighten from head to toe...??? i always wonder....

That is what I understood of it. My jeans are tight, but not strech, and not tight at the ankle.

To me, the problem really is that flared jeans only look good with pumps, which i don't wear. Boots is too 70's, sneakers, vans or converse doesn't work, while you can wear some looser straightleg jeans with almost anything and skinnyjeans tucked inside boots, converse, and other "high sneakers".

i noticed ACNE's recent collection seems to be cut a bit all-round LOOSER than last season. the skinny jean trend has oversaturated the market so perhaps the more expesive/well established brands are trying to switch things up a bit to stay a head of cheaper alternatives. isnt that how things normally go. who knows. who cares.

i know a lot of women who aren't very thin, and still find that 'skinny' jeans look better on them than their bootcuts ever did...i mean there's cheap monday SKINNY AS f*cking sh*t that obviously you have to have the right body for but a lot of the acne cuts/ APCs etc fit a bit narrow and slighlty tapper but i don't find that they exploit a full-bodied figure that much more than any other cut. maybe if you're huge -- in which case SORRY BUT NOTHING WILL LOOK ALL THAT GREAT ON YOU. but you can still have some *** and hips/thighs and look great in [not so skinny] skinnies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.. And btw, call me stupid, but stovepipe, drainpipe, skinny, tapered, cigaretteleg, IMO, it's all different words for the same thing.

^ Agree its all the same, maybe a cm difference around the ankle.

I really dont see flares being a trend...

flares have their place, skinny jeans have their place, i don't need jeans up to my belly button, but i will be so glad if i see less *** crack all over the place! I was seriously going to start a blog called "Crack Kills" and post pics of all the *** cracks i see around town.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about skinny jeans, this might not be the right thread but I really need the answer.

I'm a guy in his teens well late teens I'm abotu to be 18 but thats not the point. I was in Indianapolis on a family trip with my parents not very style conciouse people I might add, and I am from a small town so alot of jean labels I would like are restricted for me, we have silvers, 7's, and true religion, in a local highend casual store and I wanted to buy some jeans totally different from the ones all these guys at my school have(picture abercrombie, baggy and not in the Marc Jacobs, Yoji hip sort of way in a i took a dump in my pants sort of way). Anyway I was purusing some jeans in a store and bought some skinny in the Dior homme sort of way but cheaper at H&M (sadly not in Arkansas). I didn't show the jeans to my parents afterwards but I did wear them the next day. I looked totally cool like Mik Jaggar or Pete Doherty, I also had on a tight leather jacket and athin capsleave tee with converses. Problem I was at a FFA convention for my big bro ( he was getting an award) and everyone was staring but I ignored it all cause I'm use to stares but it got worse when I went out to eat with my fam and other kids in my bros FFA chapter in highschool we went for a little shopping and I my parents and other kids from the chapter took me into Aeropostelate a mid level teen casual store along the lines of Old Navy. My mom convinced me to look for some Jeans so I starting searching the racks finding no sizes I liked ( I usually wear 30-31''in waist and32-34'' in length) or styles everythoing was loose fit or baggy and the store lady noticed me arguing with my mom about a articular pair of jeans and informed me that the jeans that i was wearin g are bad for my health since I was a guy. She said guys can get yeast infections and rashes from skinny jeans. I Know this was a long story but is it true? my mom won't give me more money for jeans anymore since I I'll by skinny every time. ( I like the way they make me look) I think the store lady didn't know what she was talking about since it was Indianappolis.
PS: are there baggy pants that would the same for guys as the ones on the Chanel or Marc by Marc Jacobs fall 06 collections

Rangerrick, guys can't get yeast infections. Skinny jeans are fine to wear if you're male.

kanita said:

Okay that is so not true. Just wear underwear:wink: Oh, and I doubt that she didn't know what she was talking about b/c it was Indianapolis...it's probably b/c she was working at h&m...

i loved skinny jeans
high-waisted and boyfriend jeans i definately can do, but superflared. no.

Alejandro said:
hell no i aint wearing no bell bottoms.

i've been wearing skinny jeans even before they came as a trend, I can wear some oversized pants here and there, but nothing like my classic 501's if not my stellas

me neither. A slight boot cut is okay with me, IF IT IS SLIGHT. Bell bottoms make me feel :sick: . I like slimmer jeans too. But some people just look weird in skinny jeans. Again, you got to have the right build for it.

I know I will never wear baggy pants. I look like I am swimming in them. It all has to do with what suits your body. Like my dad, average, healthy build. He would look SCARY in tigher jeans whereas I look better in them. I used to wear baggy, but then got a pair of tighter ones and OMG! they make my rear look so nice. I am never going back to baggy, ever.

Right. I have baggy jeans...Well not really baggy, but since i have a 28 waist, and the jeans are 29-30, they look HORRIBLE. I can only rock skinnies, and they must be MY EXACT SIZE. When you are skinny, skinny jeans are your best friend, IMO.

kanita said:

Same here... I've liked slim leg jeans better on me anyways :blush:

rangerrick14 said:
I have a question about skinny jeans, this might not be the right thread but I really need the answer.

I'm a guy in his teens well late teens I'm abotu to be 18 but thats not the point. I was in Indianapolis on a family trip with my parents not very style conciouse people I might add, and I am from a small town so alot of jean labels I would like are restricted for me, we have silvers, 7's, and true religion, in a local highend casual store and I wanted to buy some jeans totally different from the ones all these guys at my school have(picture abercrombie, baggy and not in the Marc Jacobs, Yoji hip sort of way in a i took a dump in my pants sort of way). Anyway I was purusing some jeans in a store and bought some skinny in the Dior homme sort of way but cheaper at H&M (sadly not in Arkansas). I didn't show the jeans to my parents afterwards but I did wear them the next day. I looked totally cool like Mik Jaggar or Pete Doherty, I also had on a tight leather jacket and athin capsleave tee with converses. Problem I was at a FFA convention for my big bro ( he was getting an award) and everyone was staring but I ignored it all cause I'm use to stares but it got worse when I went out to eat with my fam and other kids in my bros FFA chapter in highschool we went for a little shopping and I my parents and other kids from the chapter took me into Aeropostelate a mid level teen casual store along the lines of Old Navy. My mom convinced me to look for some Jeans so I starting searching the racks finding no sizes I liked ( I usually wear 30-31''in waist and32-34'' in length) or styles everythoing was loose fit or baggy and the store lady noticed me arguing with my mom about a articular pair of jeans and informed me that the jeans that i was wearin g are bad for my health since I was a guy. She said guys can get yeast infections and rashes from skinny jeans. I Know this was a long story but is it true? my mom won't give me more money for jeans anymore since I I'll by skinny every time. ( I like the way they make me look) I think the store lady didn't know what she was talking about since it was Indianappolis.
PS: are there baggy pants that would the same for guys as the ones on the Chanel or Marc by Marc Jacobs fall 06 collections

:lol: :lol:

Im sorry for laughing, im actually laughing at that lady in the shop, what the hell is wrong with her?? yeast infections from skinny jeans? that's like my mom telling me dont eat so much ketchup cause you'll get cancer :lol:

So your question was if her statement was true or what?

yea, im pretty much the same as Crakk,

i find for both women and men, that a flared jean is really hard to look good...

for guys, its pretty much impossible...i agree with the shoe thing mentioned by somebody above,

and for girls...i think you have to be very skinny to make flared jeans look good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->