The Estée Lauder Cosmetics Campaign Thread 2018

She is actually perfect for the Estee Lauder brand... but what will she be doing as Global Ambassador? ... attending events to promote Estee... she can do better IMO...

I like Karlie as a fashion model, but in that shot, she doesn't come across as being on the same level as the usual Estee Lauder face.

I can see her working as a person who turns up at events, like Elizabeth Hurley, but as a print model, she doesn't have conventionally beautiful features, and Estee Lauder is still about more timeless-looking faces.

How does L'Oreal work their roster? Do they have the approach of constantly changing their faces to keep things fresh, or are they getting rid of people on a regular basis and retaining those who can sell? If Karlie wasn't working out for L'Oreal, then why would Estee Lauder take her on? Or has she jumped ship and upgraded to a better contract where she might even be developing another set of products with her name on them?

Didn't know Karlie was still a thing.

I hope this means Kendall's out. Otherwise they have Karlie, Joan AND her, how insufferable.

It's so funny that this switch happened because I was thinking the other day that Joan has been with EL for 8 years now and should her time be up soon, I can see L'Oreal scooping her up. Just like the did with Liya.

From her Swarovski campaigns I think Karlie can do well with EL, though she just doesn't have that mature timelessness that I associate with the brand. Then again, neither does Kendall, but that's for another day.

They gave Kendall her own products to promote in the Estee Edit and Joan got her own line of Lipsticks, so Karlie will probably get something.

Her first campaign is set to launch in July across digital, social, TV and print platforms, and will appear on in-store materials as well.

As part of the deal, the brand will work with Kloss’ production company, Klossy Productions, to produce digital beauty content for Kloss to share on her social channels. Estée Lauder has also agreed to support the philanthropic initiative Kloss founded, Kode with Klossy, through coding camp scholarships and events.
Wwd.com

I think she will pair with Joan and fei fei sun.

EL always had this sort of consistency and devotion when it came to their spokespersons. I think that's why it's so sought after. They also keep their lineup very short, which means someone must've been sacked in lieu of Karlie's hire. Kendall imo is doing the least of all the girls and she comes with a lot of PR baggage, yet we still see her.

Karlie's lips being barely there.....:lol:

I didn't mind Kendall for this brand, because looking vapid isn't too much of a drawback in a beauty campaign where you're supposed to be a blank canvas.

But yes, I wonder if Estee Lauder have decided it's time to stop cashing in on the Kardashian connection (ahead of the family's inevitable media decline) in favour of a spokesmodel who can sell the idea of having a social conscience.

Grace Elizabeth has just been announced as the new face of Estée Lauder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! There's also another blonde girl who I don't recognise, saw her campaign in the new issues of UK Vogue, Harper's, Elle and Marie Claire.

I wonder will they keep their “old” guard? Kendall? Hillary? Joan? They just announced Karlie & Grace Elizabeth, but how many places they have in total?

As part of Karlie's negotiations with signing on with Estee Lauder she's going to have her own standalone makeup line - does anyone know when this will appear?

My guess is that this means Kendall will launch her own line - but not with Lauder...

Grace is a breath of fresh air for Estée Lauder! Karlie, as much as she's a wonderful model and role model, isn't anything new on the beauty market. I can understand why the Estée Lauder brand would be attracted to someone like Grace too, especially since Constance Jablonski was snapped by them (and Grace kinda reminds me of Constance). Looking forward to seeing Grace's campaigns now!

Ah, Grace! She is perfect for this. So happy for her!

Grace Elizabeth seems like a more fitting choice of face for Estee Lauder.

The blonde girl in the UK ads was probably Gabriella Wilde in another one of her occasional showings for the brand.

Just wondering, why on Estee Lauder's IG, they always put #EsteeModel when they post something with their models except for Karlie, which they put #EsteeGlobalAmbassador?

Just wondering, why on Estee Lauder's IG, they always put #EsteeModel when they post something with their models except for Karlie, which they put #EsteeGlobalAmbassador?

I'd say that it's a different kind of contract that they have with Karlie. In a similar way in which Karolina Kurkova is a "Global Ambassador" for IWC watches. This doesn't mean she's featured in all of their campaigns, but it means that she's being paid to attend events as their spokesmodel, that she's contributing to specific branding advertisement efforts, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->