The Havaianas Thread

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 19 2004, 01:20 PM
yep, here they cost at least 20 euros :(
[snapback]191924[/snapback]​

Right, in Milan during the sales you can find Havaianas at 12 euro....not so cheap..
if you want to buy these flipflops try on ebay, there's a store that sells only havaianas directly from Brasil

From today's WWD:

Havaianas public relations and marketing manager Angela Schutt said the company is expecting to have a great turnout at WWDMAGIC. It’s the first time the company is exhibiting at the show, and the brand hopes to increase business and expand the line into more children’s retail locations.

Havaianas, which means “Hawaiian” in Portuguese, was founded in Brazil in 1962. The company has seen a positive sales streak for 2004 and expects the same upbeat trend to continue into resort and spring.

“There is a following for the brand, and it’s really taken off the past year,” said Schutt. “In the past, flip-flops were worn pretty much on the beach, and now they’ve made the crossover to city streets and have become a necessity in your closet. Since the brand features a diverse color palette, people are buying them in multiple pairs to match all their outfits.”

Hi everyone, Im new to this board, Id like to know if anyone here has any good pictures of havainas flops? Im in love with them, I have 9 pairs, and still craving some more!
Thanx :smile:

There are so many flip flop threads. Please use SEARCH if you would like to hear/see what we had to say about them.

Welcome to tFS :flower:

havainas have to be the most comfortable shoes i have ever worn, although they are flip-flops i love them to pieces. it's spring here now so i cans tart to wear them again once my pale skin turns tanned! yay!

Originally posted by pointup@Mar 18 2004, 01:23 PM
can't wait till she gets in to the "real world" and finds out how much stuff costs
[snapback]190856[/snapback]​

In Brazil they´re about $2!!!!! :innocent:

Forgot to add, it´s funny how the poorest of shoes are so fashionable now! :P
You know, in Brazil people used Havaianas because they are so cheap and because of the hot weather, of course, but they were more common among the poor.

I love them! I have the trekking version too, it´s soo cute!
http://www.amigosdopeito.com.br/images/fot...waianastrek.jpg

I also have the Gisele Bundchen one´s called Ipanema, but they are from another brazilian company that makes plastic shoes called Grendene.
http://www.grendene.com.br/www/ipanema/

I have both ipanemas and havaianas and I find the havaianas WAY more comfortable! I bought most of mine in Brazil :smile:

havaianas-how to clean

ive got a pair of light pink havaianas and i have tried cleaning them many times but they never seem to clean very well. does anyone know of anything that cleans them well? thanx alot..:D

i throw mine all into the shower with loads of detergent and shower the dirt off:wink:

washing detergent? like what you use to clean your clothes with? does it work well in the shower? very interesting... ill give it a go

^a lot of scrubbing you mean. :lol: Havaianas are hard to clean and get dirty and stained so easily.

yeh i know... its a pain in the ***.. n especially because their such a light colour.. ive tried scrubbing, alot of scrubbing.. hasnt worked too well.. ill give the alcohol a try.. thanx!

Household Cream cleaner and a stiff floor brush works for me.

I put myn in one of those bags that are ment for putting tights in the washing machine in and just bunged them in on a short cold wash, worked a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lt3motorsportz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->