The How Do I Get This Look? Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone make me look like Megan Fox? :lol:

style.com

I'd love to know how she did her eyebrows and what eyeshadow she's wearing :ninja: Not too crazy about the lips, though.

i know it's not the look you're after but i thought it might help

i know it's not the look you're after but i thought it might help

That video is pretty amazing (that she does it basically in one take etc.) - albeit she uses about a billion more pieces of product than I can imagine putting on.

Any suggestions for a lip color like this?

00230m.jpg

style

^ Must be a popular look because I got Vegas Volt for a similar look as well! Mac's Costa Chic ended up working a bit better for me though. It was less intense than Vegas Volt and more of a pinky coral.

^I know, I looked at that one too...it might be too pink though? But definitely easier to wear!

1_lipstick-swatch.jpg

costa-chic.jpg

starsnrockets.com

On that particular backstage photo the colour almost looks like MAC Ravishing, but when I checked out other pics from Style, it's actually much more pink than coral/ peach on some photos (depending on the lights as well). I guess the Vegas Volt would come the closest... Costa Chic is a frost finish, if I remember correctly.

According to the mac artist who worked on the missoni show a new cream blusher was used on the lips (twitter.com/MAC_Caroline_D)

^Oooooh! Must try it once it gets out...even though I think MAC's cream blushers are absolute rubbish, I hope this one isn't

Yep, all the MAC artists have twitter and there's a lot of info about what they've used for shows - seems to have been a lot of Face & Body foundation & cream colour bases which I like a lot.

^They are pretty much staples, I guess? They use them every season over and over again, mostly for the natural looks I think.

I need to try that twitter-thing :lol:

On that particular backstage photo the colour almost looks like MAC Ravishing, but when I checked out other pics from Style, it's actually much more pink than coral/ peach on some photos (depending on the lights as well). I guess the Vegas Volt would come the closest... Costa Chic is a frost finish, if I remember correctly.

Yes it is a frost but thankfully it is more like a creme in its application because I hate Mac frosts :yuk:.

I came across this Shakira Make Up Breakdown but, it isn't very helpful for me as i'm not very good at picking colours (if it makes sense) by myself i always need a little bit of help so, i was wondering if any of you guys could help me to find any of these (preferably MAC)
shakira-with-smoky-eye-makeup-in-2009-promo-pictures.jpg

Eyes
To get Shakira’s soft smoky eyes, start off by running a charcoal pencil over your upper and lower lashlines. Smudge with a pencil brush or a Q-tip dipped in a soft gray eyeshadow. Apply the same gray eyeshadow all over the eyelid. Define the crease with a medium brown color and blend outwards. Add a teeny bit of black eyeshadow on the outer corner and blend up to the crease. Dab a highlighting color by the tear duct. Finish with mascara on both top and bottom.

Lips
Shakira’s lips are very defined in this look so the first thing is to line your lips with a pencil liner. Apply a peachy colored lipstick and top with a gold gloss in the center.

Source: makeupforlife.net

I don't know anything about make-up, so I'd be endlessly grateful if someone could tell me where Keira Knightley's dark red lipstick is (or might be) from:

083007_knightly_400x400.jpg

timeinc.net

does anyone know what kind of makeup I should use to make a fake scar?
something like this for halloween?
aebbf4.jpg

elle.com

I think they would have used a gold liquid eyeliner pot and an angled brush.
I don't know of any metallic eyeliners but you can be pretty sure it's probably MAC, so have a look on their website. Someone else may be of a bit more direct help than i have been but i just wanted to say something because thats what it looks like to me :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->