The How Do I Get This Look? Thread #2

marmoset

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

How can I get this look? For some reason, I can't seem to nail it no matter how many times I've tried, I'm not very good at recreating looks :doh:
I have brown eyes btw, if that matters...
k1qjyf.jpg

hannahcouture.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that this is a very clean and simple look and the thing that makes it so special is because Gamma is a beauty^^

I would say that this is a very clean and simple look and the thing that makes it so special is because Gamma is a beauty^^

Haha, exactly!
But she has something on her eyes and I wanted to know what it was :huh:

I can see liquid eyeliner and some beige or brown shadow..

I can see liquid eyeliner and some beige or brown shadow..

Thanks! It almost looks like there maybe some purple-ish eyeshadow there but I think it's just the colour of her eyes/photoshop.
:flower:

I can see what you mean, maybe it's a gray purple color?? It's hard to tell..

Yeah, it is! Thanks for your help though.
Message me when you get the Sleek Palette :smile:

Thanks! It almost looks like there maybe some purple-ish eyeshadow there but I think it's just the colour of her eyes/photoshop.
:flower:
I think you'd have to get a flawless base around your eyes, making sure you hide any natural darkness you might have.
And I agree, there seems to be a kind of greyish mid-tone brown and VERY fine liner on her tops lids.
I have two ideas for the bottom lids:
1. First, apply mascara, getting the brush all the way down to the roots. Line messily from the inner to outer corners with a dark purple kohl pencil. Use a q-tip or pencil brush and smudge the kohl along the bottom lid, then go into the roots and smudge the kohl and mascara together, so you get a nice blended, finished look.
2. Use a black and a purple kohl liner, apply the black at the roots of the bottom lashes very finely, and then go in with the purple kohl. Doesn't have to be perfect, since you're smudging it. Best is to first smudge the purple so you get a nice smooth finish, and then go in and blend with the black, delicately. And mascara last.​
If you get a bit of a black eye thing going on because you brought the purple down too much, just clean it up with concealer and blend the edges again. Smudging and blending is key.
Her waterline looks really clear and bright, so you might want to add a dash of flesh-colored liner as a last step.
The purple will look great with brown eyes, I think!
I'm too wordy!

Any ideas what she could have used on her cheeks? The colour looks so natural and subtle :flower:
2i7tg5u.jpg

celebritycity

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this Freja look. I don't know which show this was from though..

Attachments

• 00120m.jpg
    00120m.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12
i've always wanted to do this for the next big party...i have no idea where to begin though:
nv1gud.jpg[img]

kelsea, I can't see your picture. can you post it again?

I did the Freja look, but it came out not so good and my skin is trying to kill me

Backstage Monique Lhuillier FW 06
Source: firstview
Eyeshadow.jpg

eyeshadow2.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of eyeshadow this is? (Or whatever is on her eyes?)

i am not greatly skilled with make up, but i recall once a video where they were puting lip gloss on the eyes and i thought that could be dangerous and strange, but i did it and if you have a long lasting one, it looks fairly good. of course, i might be wrong as my knowledge in make up is limited.

^^I remember MAC makes a pigment called reflects pearl pigment, and it gives exactly that look when applied to the skin. It's a pro only product though.

I think if you want to apply a clear gloss, make sure the ingredients are not chemically harsh and would irritate your eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->