The Jam...Paul Weller...Mods

paul signing autographs...nice hat... :P...like a greek fishing cap...i have one just like it... :flower:

totaly off topic..
but ...since we've been talking of Brian Ferry on this thread.. :innocent:

just came back from the concert, he was completly immaculate
and uber sexy in his 'raw silk' slim suits..
he changed outfits in the middle of the gig with second outfit
in silver grey & white shirt worn open
and :woot: cabaret dancers swinging with pink feathers yummy..

a brilliant show, such a great and very well dressed performer :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
totaly off topic..
but ...since we've been talking of Brian Ferry on this thread.. :innocent:

just came back from the concert, he was completly immaculate
and uber sexy in his 'raw silk' slim suits..
he changed outfits in the middle of the gig with second outfit
in silver grey & white shirt worn open
and :woot: cabaret dancers swinging with pink feathers yummy..

a brilliant show, such a great and very well dressed performer :heart:
lena darling...if you check...i've created a thread of his very own for the uber sexy mr ferry... :P :flower:

glad the show was good...i knew it would be...i so wish i could have been there...

to be cont'd on the bryan ferry thread... :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:29 pm
here's my beloved shcoolboy blazer...look familiar to anyone...( :wink: )... :heart:
arrrgh! It does indeedy :lol:

Originally posted by ahhGucci+Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ahhGucci @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:29 pm
here's my beloved shcoolboy blazer...look familiar to anyone...( :wink: )... :heart:
arrrgh! It does indeedy :lol: [/b][/quote]
Argh! :o You get to wear a proper blazer...I want one...you jammy, proper school type :wink: My uniform's a polo shirt...

The tweed of his scarf above ^^ looks familiar...hmmm...

We're talking Mods here. So what did you get back then?
Of course, you get the weekend suits, pierre ardin was very popular. You get the surplus army parka jackets to cover em. For daily use, you get browns and fred perry polo's. The scooter boys on their peds, vespa's or lambretta's. And those narrow trousers, with those shoes, those shoes.
My style is very close to the mod's, slightly punk, with military touches. I know when I wear a suit outside, I cover it in an overcoat, sometimes a parka.

Arrgh, pictures come later.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats+Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:18 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PrinceOfCats @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:18 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:12 am
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:29 pm

arrrgh! It does indeedy :lol:
Argh! :o You get to wear a proper blazer...I want one...you jammy, proper school type :wink: My uniform's a polo shirt...

The tweed of his scarf above ^^ looks familiar...hmmm... [/b][/quote]
Hahaha :lol:
A polo? Good heavens. I don't wear a uniform anymore, I wear a suit to school now, but the blazer hasn't been burned yet, someone told me to keep ot (:wink:...)

Hum ho...I wear a suit over my polo shirt...it looks mickle strange though...

But talking of mods there's a book in my school textiles library on Carnaby Street with 30 pages of colour plates...hmmm...*goes to find theiving mittens*

Mods eh?
mod_target.gif

No one looks better on a scooter
ModAndGirlfriendOnScoot1979.jpg

And yes, that is a girl on the back, Mod girls liked to dress in an androgynous way, short hair...

More striped madness, "the who"
earlywho.gif

JimmyandSteph.gif

I'll post something else another time. I also think a topic on tedd's should be made. I saw the Dior shoes that Brian bought, and they were definately Teddyboy shoes. So definately. Suade with crepe souls, blue suade shoes :wink:

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:55 am
A fashion perspective on Mods from the sixties.
Just for you. A video, click the link to watch.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/img/video_ico.gif!
linik goes to modern business solutions for the internet....think something went wrong... :unsure:

thanks for the pics gucci...i definitely see something of this in your style...mixed with punk,..as you said...(definitely keep that uniform!...)

i don't reccomend dressing like this from head to toe...but as you pointed out..there are elements we can take from it and incorporate it into our own styles...

i happen to love the ankle length stovepipe trouser...and the naughty schoolboy look...it never gets old... :P and as you pointed out...the girls dressed a lot like the boys...which i love...

I REALLY WANT A VESPA!!!... :woot:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 9th, 2004 - 3:10 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 3:10 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:55 am
linik goes to modern business solutions for the internet....think something went wrong... :unsure:

thanks for the pics gucci...i definitely see something of this in your style...mixed with punk,..as you said...(definitely keep that uniform!...)

i don't reccomend dressing like this from head to toe...but as you pointed out..there are elements we can take from it and incorporate it into our own styles...

i happen to love the ankle length stovepipe trouser...and the naughty schoolboy look...it never gets old... :P and as you pointed out...the girls dressed a lot like the boys...which i love...

I REALLY WANT A VESPA!!!... :woot: [/b][/quote]
oops. Let me find the link again. :flower:

Thanks for the load of yummy guys pics! :heart:

I´m soooooooooooo fed up with this metrosexual-dyed-manicured-suntanned-designer-everything style ruling nowadays it´s refreshing to see a well dressed guy once in a while, in a raw yet stylish masculine way...

Originally posted by ahhGucci+Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ahhGucci @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:55 pm
This is the link!
Click here! [/b][/quote]
B) ...that was a great clip...at first it was hard for me to understand the accents...not the ones i'm used to...although i know there are many...very cool...

thx gucci baby... :flower:

paul...one more...hee... :P

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci
@Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:55 pm

This is the link!
Click here!
B) ...that was a great clip...at first it was hard for me to understand the accents...not the ones i'm used to...although i know there are many...very cool...

thx gucci baby... :flower: [/b][/quote]
No problemo B)

nice one

paul weller 1980 [sound affects]

steve marriot 1967 [small faces]

pete townshend 1964 [the 'oo]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence