The laptop and netbook thread

I just bought a Macbook pro 13" and so in love with it :wub:

I currently have a Compaq and my mom decided that she wants to get a MacBook Air and MacBook for me. I like the original 13" MacBook but has anyone tried that MacBook Air? I've seen and it's so thin and an associate told me that one downside to it is that it only has one USB port.

i am thinking of getting a new notebook - what do you think about the MacPro's 15" , or the Sony Vaios 15" - what do you guys recommend? the Mac's are quite expensive and you have to get all the software extra, right? and when i compare the MacPro data (like Ghz, MB etc.) they are not much better than other notebooks and if you want more power you have to pay extra - everything you want from Apple costs you extra - that's what is bothering me! it's like buying a german car where you have to pay for every single thing which is standard included in other cars :wink:

I'm so suprised to see that this thread is so unsucessful.So everybody at TFS has a Mac ? :( I feel so alone.I personally have an Asus EePc 1005 ha.Like this one :

(gadgets.boingboing.net)

Except,that mine is all black.I absolutly love it,the battery life is great,almost 10 hours (but you can count on 8 hours really,with the internet,Microsoft Words open,music and bluetooth on).The design is perfect,very MacBook Airesque.And of course it's very easy to use,and fit perfectly is pretty much all of my purses.It's not that heavy.Anyway,it's very pratical.The keyboard is great aswell,the touches are not small,like on some other laptops.There's like 3 USB ports on it too,which is pretty cool.So if you want to invest in a netbook,go and buy this one.

Lol you dont have to feel alone. I just bought the same one:flower: as my "second netbook". Its all in white:D I like it a lot its so small and cuteee.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a Dell Inspiron. I pretty much have no complaints about it (it performs well and has never crashed on me), except that it overheats it a lot. I've heard reports of laptops and cellphones exploding from overheating, so this kinda scares me. My friend suggested I buy a cooling pad, but I don't know, I'm still paranoid that it'll blow up in my face. :P
So I'm thinking of saving up to get a MacBook Pro. jomarlushka, I think it'll be worth the investment. :wink:

First of all i hope my post is right here.

I want to buy a new notebook and i am torn between the Sony Vaio E Series and the Dell Inspiron 15R. All my friends say buy the Sony because it is more stylish, but i heard they are not that good and Dell would be much better.

Does anyone have experience with a Sony or a Dell Inspiron 15R??

Beeandthecity, based on polls that I've read, Sony out performs Dell in build quality and customer services by far.

I love the Sony laptops if they werent so bloody expensive.

You cannot go wrong with either of them in my view but if I had to choose, it would be Vaio hands down!

I haven't had a laptop for over a year (how I've function I don't know!) and this week I purchased a samsung 10" notebook. I don't know if it's just me being silly,but does anybody else find that they run a little slower than regular laptops? Trying to run a few pages at once really slows it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->