The Mascara Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please explain to me exactly how do I use the eyelash curler???
I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks, but an eye lash curler just doesn't give me the result I want:(
Maybe I'm just being too difficult:P
Is there anyone who tried Rimmel Sexy Curves or Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl?
...and that is why I'm saying that you need to learn how to use it properly :smile: A mascara will not give you the result you want - unless it's waterproof and you have used an eye lash curler beforehand.

FleurDeLys, Rimmel Sexy Curves is a really good mascara!
It's pretty versatile too, you can do one coat for a really natural look or build it up to get really full, thick lashes.
It's sounds like I'm being paid to say that, haha!
:lol::lol::lol::lol: yeah a little bit^_^

I've been using YSL Faux Cils for a few months now, on and off. I loved it as soon as I got it (it was a present from my boyfriend), it gave me longer lashes than I'd ever had before!
But, as someone mentioned above, it dries out real quickly.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for mascaras who give length and separates well, like the YSL faux cils, but that doesn't dry out as quickly?
Does the other YSL mascaras mentioned above, like Singulier, dry out quickly too?

Chanel Mascara "Inimitable" is my favorite mascara with the YSL Faux cils. It gives longer and separated lashes and the result looks very natural.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: yeah a little bit^_^

:lol:
i realised after i posted it and thought "damn, i sound like an advert"!
oh well, i think it's a really good mascara. and lots of people seem to rave on about it!
also i tend not too spend too much on makeup because i don't use it that often so i'm always on the look out for the best budgety type products ^_^

Has anyone tried the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascare? (the one with the little globe shaped spiky wand?) or the l'oreal telescopic explosion? (same shape wand) ? I have really long full lashes but I'm blonde so they're quite pale and I like my lashes and liner to be fairly dark and smoky eyes or i look anaemic.....I normally use rimmel 'the max' mascara, and all other make up is mac...but these new shaped wands intrigue me!! Opinions ? :flower:

.Open the curler and place your lashes into the opening and gently squeeze it shut, holding for 15-30 seconds.

You want the curler to be as close to your eyelid as possible without pinching any skin.

Hope that helps.
Can anyone please explain to me exactly how do I use the eyelash curler???
I must be doing something wrong.

There are some good mascaras out there but I always end up going back to Diorshow.

Diorshow just can't be beat.

Chanel Mascara "Inimitable" is my favorite mascara with the YSL Faux cils. It gives longer and separated lashes and the result looks very natural.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I absolutely loved the YSL one, so the only problem was that it dried out fast. Does this Chanel one last longer that way, that it doesn't dry out fast I mean?

Bought the Diorshow Extase a few days ago. Previously I used Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black mascara and it was quite good but I've heard a lot of good opinions about the Dior mascaras so decided to try the newest one - Extase. I don't know if it's different from other Diorshow mascaras (for example Iconic) but I'm really happy with it. I have naturally long lashes so I can't tell if it makes them longer but it sure does separate them beautifully and the lashes look very natural and pretty thick. Love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
i love diorshows as well and until you guys mentioned it i totally forgot i used to use ysl faux cils and loved it (minus the drying out!)

i think i may try the chanel one aswell now.

:lol:
i realised after i posted it and thought "damn, i sound like an advert"!
oh well, i think it's a really good mascara. and lots of people seem to rave on about it!
also i tend not too spend too much on makeup because i don't use it that often so i'm always on the look out for the best budgety type products ^_^

Thanks Marmoset :flower:
I don't want to spend too much on makeup either, so I'll definitely try Sexy Curves.

And The_Ida, I'll look for tutorials on the internet to know how the eyelash curler should be used, guess I've been doing it all wrong then:P
Thanks all for the advice!

Thanks! I'll check it out. I absolutely loved the YSL one, so the only problem was that it dried out fast. Does this Chanel one last longer that way, that it doesn't dry out fast I mean?
I didn't notice it was getting dry really quickly and I would say that it lasts about 4 months, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Has anyone tried the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascare? (the one with the little globe shaped spiky wand?) or the l'oreal telescopic explosion? (same shape wand) ? I have really long full lashes but I'm blonde so they're quite pale and I like my lashes and liner to be fairly dark and smoky eyes or i look anaemic.....I normally use rimmel 'the max' mascara, and all other make up is mac...but these new shaped wands intrigue me!! Opinions ? :flower:

Phenomeneyes is incredible, but it does smudge towards the end of the day. Telescopic is rubbish. Go with Givenchy, you'll not regret it.

Has anyone tried the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascare?
Phenomen'eyes is my boyfriend, I am in love with it, I haven't used anything else for a year and don't plan on ever switching, it does amazing things for me, I definitely recommend it! The only 2 things I don't like about it are that it's very hard to get off and the tubes are too small I think, I run out of it every 2 weeks

I'm still looking around to find my all time favourite mascara. I have recently tried MaxFactor's False Lash Effect and didn't find it that great, too clumpy in some cases and doesn't get to all the lashes.
Can anyone recommend a good mascara to try out?
I have blond, long eyelashes but they aren't very thick/full so I don't know how to get them like that.

I have used now diorshow iconic mascara and i am really happy with it. The brush is brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->