The Mascara Thread #2

has anyone tried the new eyes to kill armani?
You mean the one with Megan Fox starring in the ad?? I'm dying to! Mainly because I love the name of the product and the wand looks pretty plump. I've never tried any make up product by Armani, so I don't know if they're any good.. I generally don't like Armani.

On a completely unrelated note.. I always hope to get mascara samples whenever I go make-up shopping! I just love those little teeny tiny mascaras, plus with mascaras you actually have to try them on your lashes to know if they're good/bad; it's not like with lipstick/blush/eyeshadow that you can swatch them and see how they looks..
Unfortunately it has happened like, twice, in my life.. And I've only got them because they were being given as freebies with mags like Elle or Marieclaire etc.. so sad :(

Yeah mascara samples aren't that common to give out..I've never even seen them in Europe, but I know they give them out in Korea, I got a lot of sample there, but no mascara ones tho..

^ I've gotten them quite a few times, usually where you get one of those "spend X amount and get this set of free samples" and generally from brands like Lancome. I wish all brands did samples, there have been a few instances where I've bought a new mascara only to throw it away after a couple of wears because I didn't like it, such a waste!

I bought Lancome Hypnose Waterproof on a whim yesterday and I have eyelash extensions on so I can't try it. Has anyone tried it? And if so, any good?

I bought Max Factor False Lash Effect
and I am super dissapointed.
I bought it because I wanted to have super full lashes and
I have heard only good things about the product.
But really, it was only super dissapointing.

Basically, I am obsessed to find that perfect mascara.
haven´t found it yet, so I keep searching and searching
Too bad mascaras are pretty expensive!

^ I actually like Max Factor's Falshe Lash Effect quite a lot, it comes pretty close to my Dior-Chanel-Lancome mascaras.

I'm obsessed with mascara too, I have always been, but I've realized that there is probably no such thing as a "perfect mascara", ie a mascara who does it all: curl, volume, length, separation.. I normally use 2-3 different mascaras together to get va-va-voom lashes.

Sweetfantasy, can you tell me about those eyelash extensions? I've always wanted to try them but I don't know anyone who has! :flower:

I don't think a mascare has to be expensive to be good. The best I ever had was from the low budged brand "essence" and was like €4. It's no longer available, though...

I bought the Sephora Lash Plumper mascara last week after getting a sample on my birthday and it's AMAZING.

Did anyone see the article on the tfs main page?

Essential Beauty: 5 Timeless Must-Haves said:
1. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

A tube of Great Lash mascara never goes out of style. Why? Well, because it’s fantastic! Conditioning as it thickens lashes, Great Lash glides on ultra-smooth without leaving any clumps. And at around $5 a pop, how can you go wrong?
link

really? does anyone who's not in high school still use this?

on that note I just ran out of my Chanel Inimitable ( :( ) and until I get another generous giftcard I'm going back to Rimmel's Glam Eyes since it seems to be the closest drugstore comparison.

Did anyone see the article on the tfs main page?

link

really? does anyone who's not in high school still use this?

on that note I just ran out of my Chanel Inimitable ( :( ) and until I get another generous giftcard I'm going back to Rimmel's Glam Eyes since it seems to be the closest drugstore comparison.
Use a piggy bank. I know it's childish but it works. lol

99 Apples I haaaaate great lash too...its just pants, hate it!

I just finished my Dior Extase and pretty sure I loved it BUT I think i might go back to Benefit badlash!

^ I actually like Max Factor's Falshe Lash Effect quite a lot, it comes pretty close to my Dior-Chanel-Lancome mascaras.

I'm obsessed with mascara too, I have always been, but I've realized that there is probably no such thing as a "perfect mascara", ie a mascara who does it all: curl, volume, length, separation.. I normally use 2-3 different mascaras together to get va-va-voom lashes.

I am also obsessed about mascaras. and always looking for a perfect one. Not yet found one. Only good ones.
Top 3 now are(they do change often)

ysl singulier
rimmel max volume
dior iconic or armani eyes to kill..
:innocent:

can anyone identify this brand of mascara please?
i got it in LA at a pro make up place...
but the name's all rubbed off now and i need to replace it...
i'm pretty sure the first letter is N...

the brush is tilted and it works wonders...

thanks in advance for any help...!!!...

Attachments

• IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3791.jpg
    IMG_3791.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
^That would have been my guess as well.

My top three is:

Paul & Joe Mascara Duo
Jelly Pong Pong "Fairy Lashes"
Elizabeth Arden "Double Density" Mascara

omg- that's it!

you guys are awesome!!!
thank you SO much...

:kiss:

Does anyone know if there's a under-$10 mascara similar to Estee Lauder Sumptuous? It's a great mascara but I just can't afford to drop $20 on something that I toss every few months. My poor little sample of it is almost run out.

Does anyone know if there's a under-$10 mascara similar to Estee Lauder Sumptuous? It's a great mascara but I just can't afford to drop $20 on something that I toss every few months. My poor little sample of it is almost run out.

Rimmel is amazing, especially Great Lash. it's so easy to use and it looks like a department store mascara.

I've finally found my HG mascara. It's Pupa Diva Lashes. It's an Italian brand sold in select stores in North America. It curls, defines, and gives volume and shade no 1 is PITCH black. This is the ONLY mascara that gives me the false lash look without clumping or smearing. 1 coat gives luxurious defined long curled lashes, and 3 coats gives the no clump perfectly curled false lash look. I no longer need to use Latisse. (please not the effect is better when I use my Diorshow Maximizer as a base). :flower:

I've tried the following before:
-Diorshow, too much smearing
-L'Oreal Voluminous, too much clumping and smearing
-YSL Volume Effets Faux Cils, no curl and easy smearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"