The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJCouture said:
The never claimed the line was couture, they simply said they were inspired by a "couture technique." I do not know that they even truely meant a couture technique, but more a technique that is usually reserved for high end designer clothes (RTW or Couture). I think that the line has its down falls, and I wish they would expand some more into wearable knits (ie: not floor length vests), but the idea of great, quality basics is a really nice one. As Leyla said, this is not for everyone, it never pretended to be cheap or approachable it is really meant for girls like the Olsens and their friends. Young and rich, but who do not want to wear designer head to toe and need basics to tie it together.

K-A-R-M-A
I just want to add that, correct me if i'm wrong but, what we saw at Browns IS NOT the whole collection !

educo said:
I understand that they are targeting a higher market, unlike other celebrity brands, but I find all this contradicting and hyped up. They named the line after Saville Row which is not exactly known for basics even if they were high end ones. I have paid more than what they are charging for other items of clothing, the only reason I'm complaining is that they are hyping it up saying couture this and couture that, but in the end, it's just a T-shirt. I'm sure the line is well made, but a spade is a spade....

It's "The Row" as in "Front Row"... at least that's what I read.^_^

^no, they named it after the street Saville Row in London... read it on the vogue article

^:lol:

thanks for the link pinksofa to that ultimatefrenchfashion blog...this was the "stand-out" image from there in my opinion. :yuk:

Attachments

• therow.jpg
    therow.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 677
THE ROW's lookbook

credit ; ultimatefrenchfashion.blogspot.com

thx! not really impressive but that´s their style right now...

dont like the fur...didnt know they were including fur in their next collection (fall/winter 07-08?)

i really cant wait to see how its gonna be, coz those are lq scans from the lookbook :/ I like it btw

The pictures in the lookbook are well shot, but the clothes don't look very interesting. Other than the last kimono-sleeve dress, none of them really 'pop' for me.

hisbedroom said:
Front row: tacky.
Saville Row: how dare they.

KARMA KARMA!!! how dare they!!!??:angry: :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
JunyaSchick said:
^no, they named it after the street Saville Row in London... read it on the vogue article

My source was TeenVogue... that's kind of funny haha

im not sure if these have been posted... A few pieces from "the row" collection i do think they look great and seems they have put a really big effort into the quality and cut of the garments.
justjared.com

Attachments

• olsen-twins-the-row-01.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-01.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 31
  • olsen-twins-the-row-02.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-02.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 24
  • olsen-twins-the-row-03.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-03.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 12
  • olsen-twins-the-row-04.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-04.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 21
  • olsen-twins-the-row-05.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-05.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 12
  • olsen-twins-the-row-06.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-06.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 23
  • olsen-twins-the-row-07.jpg
    olsen-twins-the-row-07.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
I find those styles more reflect Ashley than Mary Kate. They are cute and basic...stuff I could wear to school and not rediculous haute couture.

the stuff is okay but it doesnt speak to me really loudly! Its definately more an ashley style than mary kates, although judging by the pics the other day when i couldnt tell them apart, maybe MK is changing her style again! That will be a complete shame though if she does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->