The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite chic for a "celebrity" label. they know what they're doing.

I agree with LANE
I think the items are nice! :smile:
You can wear the items with anything, make it yours, easily.

I think the fact that it is only basics is nice. I find that its hard actually, to find good base items. You can wear it however you want to make the look yours, I think the items are beautiful! :smile:

Beautiful Stranger said:
It's only basics... :ninja:
I think it was their intent to make great quality basics because they didn't find the right ones for themselves...?

satin chic said:
I think it was their intent to make great quality basics because they didn't find the right ones for themselves...?

thats what i read in teen vogue (i think that was the magazine)

agree^^

havent seen the items personally just by pic... but they look like normal design items, nothing special, nothing impresive... just normal... and overpriced (specially for a brand that´s starting, no matter all celebs are dying to wear their clothes...)

How great that they're making basics. Lines by celebrities normally put out the cheesiest crap, even by stylish people..so this is great. Probably pricey, right?

i can see the effort in the cutting of these garments but remember people would buy a 15k fancy dress than a $300 well structured white shirt.

haute femme said:
How great that they're making basics. Lines by celebrities normally put out the cheesiest crap, even by stylish people..so this is great. Probably pricey, right?

Yup!!! Like $300 bucks for a t-shirt pricey.

I could learn myself and make for myself the best basics with half that money.:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
half?? a basic tee would probably cost you around $10 :P

from wwd...

Ashley Olsen, in stilettos and wearing Ray-Bans, navigated a brick courtyard to a banquette in the back of the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel here, and diners did discreet double takes at the sight of the petite blonde.

This was a new Ashley Olsen, evolving her fashion identity to a sophisticated, sexy look that also is a business strategy as she and her twin sister, Mary-Kate, orchestrate the launch of their new high-end label, The Row.

Carrying a vintage Fendi crocodile tote and pairing a tight black Wolford tank dress worn as a miniskirt with a snug chocolate-colored leather jacket by Rick Owens, Olsen upturned the bag lady look she helped popularize.

For fall, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, with the help of four staff members in production, sales and public relations, doubled the number of The Row’s offerings to include $3,220 Tuscan lamb-fur coats, $1,700 cashmere tuxedo jackets with three-quarter sleeves, $875 banded strapless dresses and $360 legging-style pants.

They also expanded distribution worldwide to 29 premium retailers, including 10 Corso Como in Milan, Maria Luisa in Paris, Harvey Nichols in London, Jeffrey in Atlanta, Isetan in Tokyo, DNA in Saudi Arabia and Holt Renfrew in Toronto and Vancouver. In comparison, the spring collection featured 28 knitwear pieces, such as silk Modal tanks retailing for $150 and floor-length Modal cardigans selling for $655, sold at Barneys New York across the U.S. and Maxfield in Los Angeles.

For complete coverage, see tomorrow's issue of WWD.

hopefully there will be more pics tomorrow...
the fall collection is defintely pricier...

hmm... i remember liking the green plaid jacket ashley was spotted wearing a while back, but I'm not too impressed by the lookbook pictures/not really interested at all to be honest :innocent:

and especially not at those prices! :doh:

What a disapointing line. You think they would design something that their target audience could afford. There is nothing fun or youthful about this line.

for what it is they actually did present it very well.. :smile:
i have the lookbook and its def a good selling tool

Whoa! Those prices...

I do love the idea of a strapless banded dress, I think The Row could be the perfect womenswear line, now only for The Row Homme...

that bat wing-y dress and the first long sleeved one are ok i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->