The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blink: It's absolutely neutral for me... I mean it's... No, I can't say anything about it, and that's not so good...:neutral: And hate those idiotic glasses!:yuk:

That look with the glasses is ripped off from Chloe Sevigny anyway. They're almost identical. And $550 for a vest by celebrities with no design credentials is shocking. Very boring and very overpriced.

haha just noticed in the corner it says 'great style, great price'. And this is VOGUE!

Reading through this thread is a headache. At least half the people posting don't seem to be reading the numerous posts regarding fashion school and a Zac Posen internship...just loads of people jumping in with dismissive negativity. And yes, the prices are high, but considering the descriptions of the construction, is a high price point really a surprise, especially considering the countless lines in existence with normal t-shirts selling for the same price? I tend to be completely indifferent toward the twins, but I admire the fact that they seem to be putting some thought into what they're doing, in addition to the nearly total lack of branding on the clothing...surely a rarity within the realm of "celebrity design".

AlexN said:
Reading through this thread is a headache. At least half the people posting don't seem to be reading the numerous posts regarding fashion school and a Zac Posen internship...just loads of people jumping in with dismissive negativity. And yes, the prices are high, but considering the descriptions of the construction, is a high price point really a surprise, especially considering the countless lines in existence with normal t-shirts selling for the same price? I tend to be completely indifferent toward the twins, but I admire the fact that they seem to be putting some thought into what they're doing, in addition to the nearly total lack of branding on the clothing...surely a rarity within the realm of "celebrity design".

I completely agree.

Papercut Crisis said:
Is the line called The Row? I hope it isnt named after themselves...

the line is called "the row," referring to savile row in london...

that attachment from vogue's got me interested now. I think I will keep an eye out for it, despite my skepticism at celeb clothing lines....

Karma to you, kimair!

It looks like they put a lot of time, thought and effort into this line. I also like that they're tackling basics. There can never be too many good basics lines IMO. I agree that they seem different than the average celeb designers. Its not just about slapping their name on a 5 cent logo tee and then jacking up the price. Taking the time to go to school for fashion and get an internship in the industry is much more than any of the other celeb designers did and I think that starting with basic items instead of just launching a full on collection seems (to me at least) like they're interested in learning the industry as opposed just making a quick buck. I'm going to reserve full judgement for when I see the clothes up close. I'd like to know what the quality is right now.

Avant Garde said:
Seeing that ashley and mary kate are very short and petite, it would be very cool if ashley included different sizes fitting ladies 5'1 - 5'4. It can be difficult to find nice pieces that fit when your extremely petite :cry:

I'm sure they would keep in consideration the petite girls since they are petite themselves. I'd love some cute pants that won't need alteration for once. I'm actually excited about seeing some more pieces because I'm loving that plaid jacket to!

I don't think they'll have as much success with prices that high. They should have stuck with a more midrange level. I really want to see how the rest of the collection looks though.

sakina said:
I don't think they'll have as much success with prices that high. They should have stuck with a more midrange level. I really want to see how the rest of the collection looks though.

Hopefully they are really serious about this and they make wonderful clothes...we'll see..

If the name is indeed a reference to Savile Row....should we be expecting impeccable tailoring? It's certainly not a style I associate with the Olsens....I tend to think if they ever did a line it would be something along the lines of Jovovich-Hawk...I'd be interested to see how 'Row-like' the line is....

I think that the "Row" refers to the front row at a fashion show...Ive read it several times in a few different articles...

lmelanie said:
I think that the "Row" refers to the front row at a fashion show...Ive read it several times in a few different articles...

I imagine that they're referencing Savile Row, especially since that is what was printed in Vogue. It seems as though they interviewed the girls and got the info first hand. I don't know, it seems a little cheesy if they were to be talking about the front row at a fashion show.

god, so overpriced. and the tee on lily aldridge is really unimpressive to me. it looks unflattering in the bust area and otherwise is just unimpressive.

i really cant see anyone but themselves and people like them spending that much on clothes like that.

It took them nine months to tweak a technique that Rick Owens (among others) has been utilizing for years? Or did it take them nine months to decide if anyone would be stupid enough to pay $550 for a t-shirt? Even if that top is like, silk or Mongolian cashmere that is still astronomical.

I do appreciate that they're focusing on interesting basics as women's fashion (and fashion in general) is always lacking in that arena and they are probably two of the only people who will be able to successfully translate their personal style into a collection with minimal compromise...but $550 for a t-shirt people!

I have spent a lot of stupid money on a lot of stupid clothing but that's just absurd.

we've only seen 2 two pieces of the collection (ashley's jacket & the tee that lily wore in vogue)

i think we need to see the entire collection before judging anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abzal17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->