The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like it... I have secretly always wanted to scrape up the moxie to dress like the Olsen twins. They dress with so much eccentricity :heart:

That was her jacket? I saw this pic the other day and didn't know. I like the cut/style, dunno about the print though... I think it might look better in a solid.

MulletProof said:
:huh: I dont see anything remotely spectacular about that jacket, i actually kept searching the thread for THE jacket everyone was wowing at...i didnt know it was that thing she had on at the event. :lol: . i think they sell some similar ones at Urban Outfitters...tartan, short, puffy sleeves...nothing outstanding. i dont even think the material up close is something worth of mention.
im thinking of the same thing too

yes, it is a nice, cute, chic coat and it might just end up in my closet too..but like some others have siad..i can easily find it in the mall

hundreds of talented, trained students out there, broke, looking for work and one of these little monkey type things gets a line? more reason to despair for fashion.

I can't wait to see the rest of the collection. I think her designs will fare better than most celebrity designs.

The jacket's cute.

However, I dislike the label name, The Row. It reminds me of violence (in it's name association with the record company).

So basicallly, since Ashley Olsen has money, she shouldn't be designing, because there are thousands of broke students who cannot get a job? Life isn't fair, it never was. But instead of bashing her, I praise her for actually doing something, instead of just sitting on her fortune.

In any case, I find the jacket cute.

if ash has the background experience to be a designer then having money shouldnt stop her from doing this. I remember Stella Mccartney was criticised for a similar thing and i think that her collections speak for themselves as im sure ashleys will.
Personally i like the jacket and if it was reasonably priced, i would buy it!! however it is fairly similar to ones iv seen in topshop and other stores

Last edited by a moderator:
there was an update on this in todays wwd

here's the quote...

"Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen intend to work with a new fashion brand by investing in a designer and are developing their own high-end brand, which they plan to launch later this year."

so they are investing in a designer. i hope they hire someone good. i heard that ll cool j hired a marni designer for his collection. the line was supposed to come out this fall, but i havent seen anything yet.

from coacd:

New hot clothing alert, this Spring expect all the Bruce and Helmut Lang girls to be wearing The Row tops and basics. Think Peruvian cotton in beautiful Calvin Klein tones.

scaned by nicolr02 and posted in the m-kanda thread from us vogue november...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the jacket, but I'm surprised so many are excited about this!

I'm a little bit curious because of that + quality of the jacket, but I don't know if I will like this. Celeb designers tend to be bad.

^ Yes, they do tend to be bad .

Is the line called The Row? I hope it isnt named after themselves...

I think the girls have a sense for fashion beyond the rest of showbiz. Theyseem to keep to themselves and arent out in the spotlight partying every f*cking night making fools of themselves. They always look neat in every picture... They have my respect unlike the rest of hollywood.

JJohnson said:
ugh.....dear god...anohter celeb line.....

ohh dear... even my cute celeb dog is designing a line now as well.. it will be ready v soon and will call The Great Woof , wait to see the little jackets.. people will barking around about it.. :innocent:

I always thought that jacket was Balenciaga too ! My money is on her line being heavily influenced by other designers, like most celebrites lines are. I'm sure it'll be very Chloe, Balenciaga, Stella.

I wonder if American fashion will be all about celebrity designers soon?

The magazine scan is cute... the model looks like a freakin' giant next to the Twins...

it's cute so far but man those pieces are overpriced.. i mean the olsens are mainly idols for teenagers and no teenager can afford those clothes.. somehow i thought that they would make more affordable pieces..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->