The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually looking forward to this line because of the work and thought the twins seem to be putting into it.

Does anyone know when the website will be up?

^:lol:
I'm curious to see the collection in terms of it's finishing and cutting....but to buy? Not at those prices....

Me too! I'm so curious to see what they put out but those prices are ridiculous!

well, it's something new and i love the jacket, if the quality 9is good..then i'll pay.

I am definitely curious about this line. The article in Vogue peaked my interest with regards to the seams in the tshirts, however, the prices Vogue was quoting for one of their tshirts (around 200US$) is ridiculous, I don't care how comfy it is. But then again, I have been a petit bateau addict for about a decade, and why mess with perfection for 20 euros.

adi said:
it's cute so far but man those pieces are overpriced.. i mean the olsens are mainly idols for teenagers and no teenager can afford those clothes.. somehow i thought that they would make more affordable pieces..

i totally agree! 150 usd (or more) for a tee... where in the world will the little olsen fans get so much money?

Going to fashion school and interning with Zac Posen does not make one a good or even that credible of a designer. Does the name Nicky Hilton mean anything to anyone?

That said, I really like this idea of the one french seam and the wholesome-ness of a shirt being crafted out of basically one piece of material. We'll see what it's like in person.

I like that they're not splashing a logo everywhere (a la Rocawear or J-Lo), and what I see just yet isn't AWFUL - but I'll have to see more.

tell the truth..im quite intriged by the french seam idea

i kinda want to see the black pants they made..sounds pretty nice..but what kind of material?

stella-mayfair said:
i totally agree! 150 usd (or more) for a tee... where in the world will the little olsen fans get so much money?

if you read the article, the tee is not just any ordinary tee
150 usd is actually not bad, when you consider the design and that they've decided to use a more labourious technique to finish it. plus you can imagine easily how much fabric, especially very nice quality fabric, costs these days:ninja: the price could easily go up much higher for the same product if an independent designer created it, with no help from riches like the Olsens do

just read the article today, and i have to concur the idea of selling high quality tees is not a that bad one, i've seen worse to be honest....but still, slashing out that amount on a tank or tee? i don't know, i prob wouldn't....

I'm glad they're making the effort to present a good line... goingo to fashion school, internship, etc. And well, hopefully they will show some interesting stuff and stand apart from the other celeb lines...
That still doesn't justify the prices... I'm not trying to be negative (actually I LIKE what I' have seen), but even though they are celebs, their line is clearly focused on teenage girls (20 years old tops), and unless their target are ultrarich and celeb teens (which there aren't many), I don't think they should price their clothing that high... moreso if they're starting. They're noone in the fashion biz yet...

JDeMarco said:
...even though they are celebs, their line is clearly focused on teenage girls (20 years old tops)...

you think so? i thought the tailored aspect of the line would appeal to more 'mature' consumers as well. plus the colours and such chosen so far are not girlish at all, so it would suit a wider audience

They probably have no clue what normal people can afford. They've been billionaires since childhood.

What I have seen looks nice enough but I don't think there is anything special to particularly warrant the prices, not for me personally.

Although the tailoring might appeal to a slightly older woman in principle, I would think that some would be put off by the fact that the line is by Mary-Kate and Ashley who although they are 'fashion icons' are generally more associated with a teeny-bopper crowd. I am young and I find this association (rightly or wrongly) off putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abzal17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->