The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to see the whole collection. again, as most people have mentioned, hopefully it will be much better than any of those celebrities line..actually, seeing how they dress, i am sure it will be great ;-)

In the first picture Ashley looks like she copied her entire outfit from Stella McCartney. :shock:

Im sure we will be hearing alot of comparison backlash. Obviously they have alot of inspiration a d they are constantly compared to Kate Moss, and now their line "The Row" I believe will be compared to certain designers.
Personally, I think these girls are geniuses and have their own taste and I can't wait to see more of the collection!

Has anyone here bought any of The Row clothes? I mean I would have thought someone had, hasn't it been out for a few weeks now?

i think its only at a few locations in NYC (barneys to be exact) and maybe one in LA. maybe thats why nobody has bought it.

frankly, i just think simon doonan and the other honchos at barneys are doing this as a favor to the olsens.

leyla m. said:
anyone going to Barneys, could you pls pm me and let me know next to whom this line is sitting and on which floor.. this is very important for me
i was just there and i was on all the designer floors---
it wasn't there...
so it's got to be on the co op floor....
with things like dvf and mayle and maria cornejo, etc...
'young designers'/'contemporary'...is my assumption...

def not on a designer floor...:flower:

CHEAPandCHIC said:
Has anyone here bought any of The Row clothes? I mean I would have thought someone had, hasn't it been out for a few weeks now?

Yea I also would have thought!

mk and ashleys the row had a little mention in this months Vogue... apparantly the clothes are available at Browns...will try and post the article

^^^ Aiming to create the ideal teem Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen joined forces with childhood friend Danielle Sherman to launch THE ROW (named after London's Saville Row:(the upshot is clever pieces such as a t-shirt with a single French seam running down the back. The 28-piece line also includes skinny black trousers, long line vests and sleeveless, floor-sweeping knitted cardigans in cashmere and silk with modal. (available at Browns)

VOGUE febuary issue

hmm browns aren't advertising as carrying it on their new designers part of their website but who knows. It will prob. be in Focus.

alot of you sit there and say you can go find it in a mall, but how many different styles can people come up with that isn' t similar to something that someone could find somewhere else?
not everything that someone designs is going to be so unique that you' ve never found anything like it.
haven' t you ever watched the look for less? you can find something similar to alot of designs.

morgan38 said:
HUH?! I think that paying that money for a t-shirt is crazy to begin with, especially from two teenagers with almost no experience and barely any education.

I think I have pretty good taste too, but I wouldn't expect anyone to pay 150 dollars for anything I designed.

perhaps people would buy the shirt because they like the way it fits and feels. you know, you don' t always have to buy something because it' s got a name printed on the tag. their education and experience shouldn' t throw you away if you like how something looks on you.

artistry andglam said:
alot of you sit there and say you can go find it in a mall, but how many different styles can people come up with that isn' t similar to something that someone could find somewhere else?
not everything that someone designs is going to be so unique that you' ve never found anything like it.
haven' t you ever watched the look for less? you can find something similar to alot of designs.

But that doesn't mean we want to buy it. I'm not going to buy something using the justification "It's not unique but nothing else is, so oh well." :lol::flower:

kisa said:
But that doesn't mean we want to buy it. I'm not going to buy something using the justification "It's not unique but nothing else is, so oh well." :lol::flower:

i never said you had to buy it. go buy the cheap version of it somewhere else. i definately can' t afford a t-shirt for $150.. but if i find something i like, and it fits nice, adn it looks nice on me, that' s different.
their stuff isn' t going to fit the same exact way that the other designs that are similar fit.
i' m just saying don' t be so judgemental about it because it' s all over the place. not just them who are designing things that you' ve seen similar to.

soft,

thanks for the report :smile:
i heard its too expensive to be next to DvF and Mayle?
what did youthink of the collection?

Mayle is like easily 200-600 that seems like a similar pricepoint. Same with DvF which can go into over 1k....it seems like CoOp is a good place for it even if they wish it was somewhere else. At the end of the day it's just tshirts and skinny jeans so why would you want to see that next to Lanvin?

I heard it was actually not on the Co-op floor, which would make the most sense.

it was on a designer floor and it was all sold out? :huh:

I know I saw a posting about this on tfs, but cant remember where...

MAyle is not cheap meg, but its not soemthing i see next to the Row from what i can imagine it being.. even less so next to DVF.

it doesnt need to be Lanvin, but something edgy and cool like Bodyamr or David Szeto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lores
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->