The Runaways

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by CrazyBeautiful, Jul 3, 2009.

1. CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful New Member

I wanted to post some information related to the movie 'The Runaways' but had nowhere to put it soo I thought I would start a thread on it :D

If no one knows what The Runaways is about here's some information:
    I think this is a fanmade poster but either way its reallyy good :p
    [​IMG]
    coolspotters.com

2. CrazyBeautiful

First rumour .. that apparently Kristen and Dakota have filmed a kissing scene together..

newmoon.org

3. m.j.

m.j. New Member

i am really looking forward to this movie:flower:

4. CrazyBeautiful

Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning on set of 'The Runaways'
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    tlfan

5. AriLove

AriLove Active Member

God..i have such high hopes for this movie..i truly hope it won't disappoint me! Joan Jett is such a legend, same with The Runaways!!! Kristen Stewart looks so much like a teenage Joan and she's totally rocking her haircut ^_^..Dakota not so much like the sex-bomb Cherie Currie..but the girl can act..so, i'll wait and see! So..i am truly looking forward to this movie..^_^

6. Alvedansen

Alvedansen New Member

well the script is very vague...but we'll see a breast and cherie wakes up naked, no idea how exactly they're going to film this, but no hot makeout scene, more fade-to-black kinda short pictures

7. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

Does anyone have pics of the girl who´s playing Lita Ford? I´d like to see her outfits. TIA :)

8. CrazyBeautiful

The girl thats playing Lita Ford is Scout Taylor-Compton

[​IMG]
    ^^ The girl behind Dakota

[​IMG]
    ^^ The girl next to Kristen in blue

[​IMG]
    The girl thats in all blue again .. but you can see more of the jeans on her in this pic

Coolspotters.com

9. kokobombon

^thanks! I like the hair, very Lita :) and the first outfit, she also has a lightning bolt necklace, but I think it´s different than Kristen´s (?)

10. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

i have strong hopes for this movie mainly cus of the director, floria s. who's amazing and very dark at the same time. this is her first movie, she tried to do black dahlia but no one wanted to finance her so she had to let it go to brian de palma. she did the runaways script for the last 2 years and it still wasn't finished last summer, so i presume that auditioning came pretty unplanned as she found a company to finance her. anyway, check her music videos on youtube. :)

i expect the most from dakota in this movie, it might be her big break to bring her more adult roles in the future, and for kristen to remove that whole doubt on her talent bought on her by twilight and whole situation/target audience which comes with that.

11. Alvedansen

Alvedansen New Member

oh, didn't know the ramones were going to be in the movie...
    and I wasn't too interested in the movie, but the script is pretty well written, but there's so much stuff for me to read i barely come around reading it, so can anyone tell me where the parts with the ramones are? i mean pages...ugh, i'm sorry, i'm tired i'm not making sense

12. ~Gia~

~Gia~ Member

^You have the script??

13. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Well, it's directed by Floria Sigismondi :woot: I liked the Runaways for about two seconds, yeeears ago, when I thought Cherie Currie had the look (so to speak). However, that passion faded when their music never impacted me. This movie might be entertaining, given the director and the presence of crazy platform boots.

14. kokobombon

I like Joan Jett and Lita Ford in their solo careers better than the runaways, but I´m looking forward to this movie. Mostly cause I like all movies based on 70´s/80´s music. Want to see more stage costumes :)

15. franchini

franchini New Member

^ Me too. I love rock biopics so much.

I just heard 'Cherry Bomb' played in the new Jennifer's Body trailer (with Megan Fox). I thought that was cool.

And I forgot that Lillian was married to Floria. I used to see his band in magazines, so I'm not surprised he'll be in this film.

#15 franchini, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by moderator hansneumann14: Jul 7, 2009
  16. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

Lillian? that's her partner, right? i didn't know they divorced.

17. franchini

franchini New Member

^ They haven't divorced... That article says they're working on this movie together. His band will be playing The Ramones in the film. :)

18. kokobombon

It doesn´t say The Ramones, just "male members of the headlining band". Pages 50-52.

19. Alvedansen

Alvedansen New Member

and now i'm kinda hooked, i really really like the script. but this movie won't stop the gay rumors for kristen, that's for sure:lol:

20. Alvedansen

Alvedansen New Member

i'm definitely more concerned about kristen. dakota is a good actress and i believe she can pull this off, i have seen some scenes of her in "push" and she's not the goody-good girl in that either, i think she can just forget about her surroundings and "rock out". kristen not at all. reading some of the scenes i could already picture her stares and blinking and weirdness...joan is tougher than any part she has ever played and to be honest i doubt she'll be good in this movie.

and she has put on a little bit of weight throughout the last year, but i think it's got to do with her growing up, i didn't hear she had to put on weight for the movie and i don't see a difference from the NM set pictures to now, the leather pants might make her seem a little bigger, but during the rehearsals she looked like back in vancouver.
    and i hate that she's going to wear the leather pants throughout the whole movie...