The Runaways

I didn´t like Dakota´s performance in Push, that´s why I have my doubts. I think that Kristen can pull it off because of Joan´s coaching, why is she the only one on set btw?
When I read about the leather pants I was bummed out too :doh: at least I like the tops we´ve seen so far :lol:

^ Cherie was pictured with Dakota a few weeks ago.

I saw on Joan's website that her band will be playing a few shows soon, so I don't think she'll be on set all the time. I guess though as she's also the executive producer, she wants to check that things are going well on the film.

Oh, I didn´t know that Joan was ep, cool! Do you have that pic of Cherie and Dakota?

^^ Here are the pictures of them hanging out

47C50C12f177ED74__gallery.jpg
f02a6fBDcF0cD2A5__gallery.jpg

B60Ca0FDB54F2898__gallery.jpg
BA402c7308Dabccc__gallery.jpg

Coolspotters.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^thanks! She´s looking good, gotta love that 80´s hair lol

^ They haven't divorced... That article says they're working on this movie together. His band will be playing The Ramones in the film. :smile:
i misunderstood your post cus you wrote "was married to floria" so i got an impressions they divorced, sorry. :flower:

So this is what Lita Ford says about the movie and Joan's manager, Kenny Laguna (who is another executive producer of the film).

2902434929024356slarge.jpg

picture3ooa.png

Ford also offered her thoughts on the upcoming Runaways movie, Cherry Bomb, which features Twilight star Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett. “I just want people to know that I have nothing to do with that film,” Ford clarifies. “Joan’s manager offered to buy the rights to my life story for a thousand bucks. I thought that was pretty disgusting — we never even replied.”

That said, is Lita still in touch with Joan? And could they ever work together again? “Well, I just gave you an answer about what I thought of their film. Their manager has managed to cause a war between us — this has been going on since 1985. So far, I’ve kept my mouth shut, and I don’t know how somebody like him can spend so much time trying to destroy somebody else’s career. Joan and I have done nothing to hurt each other. I’ve always loved Joan. I don’t know what the problem is with him — he really goes out of his way to **** me up. I despise him for it. But there’s a place in my heart for Joan that will always be there.”

Source - rolling stone

Full interview here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...-with-sexual-lp-explains-runaways-movie-rift/

Kristen rocking out as Joan Jett .. Sorry but you don't get to hear he sing .. just play the guitar .. Dakota Fanning is there too .. around 3.40 is when they thing start to get going. The rest of the video is just some extra getting makeup and hair done.

thanks for the vid! it makes me even more interested in the whole movie. it's either going to rock it seriously, or it's going to be bombed. i hope it's the first. :smile:

^ I love that bit when Kristen starts playing the guitar!

There's a JJ interview and Runaways film mention in US Elle, July issue.

source: my scans.

^I'm not sure if one of the scans is showing up btw (or maybe it's just my computer), but here it is again just in case.

dajrekshn - I only just realised, but thank you for the karma! :flower: I love these pics of all the girls together with their name t-shirts.

Also, they went to a Joan Jett concert on July 18th, and Cherie Currie was there! From Scout Taylor-Compton's twitter:

Went to a Joan Jett concert last night with the girls! so amazing. On set today. moving at a slow pace.

A fan's report:

We got to the concert at 5:30 and it was set to start at 8 PM or so. Shortly after we arrived, Joan Jett did a sound check with the band, testing the equipment with a few songs! At 7:45, I left my seat to stand up by the stage, where a crowd was already gathering. When the concert kicked off, it was so awesome to see her so close up, it was like she was singing to an exclusive group.
biggrin.gif
Even after all of these years, she is still a fiery rocker pushing the limits. She sang all of the greats like "I Hate Myself for Loving You", "ACDC", "Crimson and Clover", "Fetish", "Schooldays", "Do You Wanna Touch", "I Love Rock & Roll", and many others. It was one of the most thrilling concerts ever! During her third song ("Light of Day"), she threw out one of her guitar picks and it landed close to me. I looked for it and found it lying next to a guy's shoe. I almost had to fight to retrieve it, but I got it (I almost damaged my glasses for it, but it's MINE!!!). Shortly after I got the guitar pick, she looked straight into my eyes and pointed at me in a mischievous sort of way. <3 The rest of the concert was truly memorable. For two songs (one of them was "Cherry Bomb"), Cherie Currie (the lead singer from Joan Jett's first band, The Runaways, way back in the late 70's) sang in duet with Joan!

Celebrity-Gossip.net
twitter.com/PoutyScouty
ethanthechosen.livejournal.com
community.livejournal.com/runawaysmovie

thanks Francini for the infos's :smile:
can anyone confirm that the original name of the script was Neon Angels?

^ I think it may have been. Cherie's book (which I think the film is based on) is called Neon Angel. I just read this article that was written back in 2007, that said the film was going to be called 'Neon Angels'.

And I thought it was interesting that the producer Art Linson, also produced two of Kristen's other films; Into The Wild and What Just Happened.

Article

i asked that cus i read that sage dill was susposed to be in neon angels movie in an interview kstew gave while/before shooting NM.

as for kstew and producer, it's a small world that hollywood. :smile:

^ oh, so that's why Sage was photographed on set then. I wonder who she'll play.

Hannah Marks has been cast as Tammy. :flower: Maybe Sage will play a musician or something? idk.

I was just looking at her IMDB page (her real name is Sage Galesi), and she was in a film called Dreamkeeper with Gil Birmingham (Billy Black) a few years ago. Hollywood is a small world!

it's so cool that the runaways will have a movie about them. i'm not kristen biggest fan, but i think she'll do her best, at least that's what i've seen so far. and i think the same about dakota, i think she'll be a great cherrie. i'm not so sure about scout taylor-compton though... there are any pictures of her as lita ford?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->