The September Issue : A Vogue / Anna Wintour Documentary

Finally I watched it. I liked it very much, and plan to watch again after I post this comment.

Grace is amazing person I guess. I love her already. And I love that Anna said at the end of the movie, that Grace is genius... She is.

Great interview.. I really admire Grace, she seems to have such integrity in the way she works and thinks and believes in the industry, I'm not a big fan of her work but no one can deny her incredible talent and vision, she's someone that I'd truly love to see taking the wheel at US Vogue, she seems like someone that could be a positive 'revolution' to the magazine and bring it ahead of the rest without the need of overexposure or manipulation, she just understands it so well and is, like she said, a true romantic, which is what the magazine needs.. more heart & soul.

thanks for sharing, MMA! :heart:

Absolutely agree. :heart: yor comment and interview.

And any news about the second movie which should be out in February? :unsure:

For anyone in the UK, you can buy a digital copy of the film on Itunes at the moment for only £3.99. That's usually the price they charge to rent them. No idea why it's so cheap.

Great interview of Grace. She seems like the kind of person I would love to work with.

Love what she had to say about actress/celebrity culture, etc.

TSI Facebook fans are the first to find out: THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE will be released in a LIMITED EDITION 2-DISC DVD this FEBRUARY featuring 90 MINUTES OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN BONUS FOOTAGE!!! Pre-order yours today at amazon.com!- The September Issue's facebook fan page- The September Issue's facebook fan page

Release date for the US is February 23, 2010

source | amazon.com

I don't know what the bigger advantage of rebuying this is. An hour and a half of bonus footage, or the ability to watch it on an actual television. (Boo to DVD regions.)

They certainly know how to make money of you these days. Another DVD with 2 Discs? It's like it's compulsory we have to get it.

I don't remember seeing this :unsure: Maybe it'll be in the bonus...

se67hd.jpg

AMAZON.FR

I watched it again yesterday, guess.... 9 times already and I'm not tired yet.

I just got the DVD and let me tell you the deleted scenes leave me with mixed feelings. The first ten or so scenes are phenomenal; we see Anna going to visit Olivier Theyskens and Nicolas Ghesquiere among others. And a rather awkward conversation between Karl Lagerfeld and Anna about tennis. These scenes are exciting, but very short.

Also, towards the end there are lots of entertaining Andre Leon Talley footage, such as his outrage at having to eat packed lunch in the car (because there is no scheduled lunch) and also him visiting Vera Wang (who is, if I must say, terribly annoying) and various stores such as Fred Leighton (I think).

The rest is confusing to me, filled with redundant footage like choosing the headlines for the cover and lots and lots of Thakoon (who cares?).

^thank you ...

wait they released a new dvd with bonus scenes ?
how do you know which one has the cut scenes ??

I've seen the french DVD on amazon.fr has images (thefrenchy posted one). Is that the new release with cut scene, thefrenchy ?

You'll know which it is as it's a two disc edition.

The original version, without the added scenes, was only one disc. It's only getting a US/Region 1 release for now it looks like.

Hmm... I have the film on it's own but I'd love to see the scene with Olivier Theyskens so I might have to get the DVD.

For people in the UK, the September Issue is on TV tonight! Channel 4, 10:10pm (after devil wears prada).

I noticed that a bit ago!

I can't believe it's being shown on TV over here when it's still not come out on DVD Stateside. And on a normal television channel as well!

On February 23, on sale will go DVD "The September Issue", which is the main bonus - 90 extra minutes not included in the screen version. There will be possible to see more about the relationship between Anna Wintour and daughter Bee Shaffer and about professional shopping.

vogue.ru

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->