The September Issue : A Vogue / Anna Wintour Documentary

I watched this last night!

I LOVED it... I was amazed at some of the similarities between Anna's life and the Runway Woman in Devil Wears Prada... The starbucks and the office amused me... and they both love fur... anna seemed to have it in nearly every coat! I loved when she was asked how is best to wear fur and she replied "on your back" So funny!

She seems so real... hardworking... and a bit of an ice woman... but only to those who she needs to be with...

I'm amazed that she has Soooo much power over what the designers are doing... To be honest I'm actually just amazed at how much power she has in general... I always thought the film was a bit overdone... devil wears prada that is... but actually its sooo true to life!

WSG x

source | wwd.com

STILL CELEBRATING: Although the documentary came out last year, Vogue is still getting mileage out of “The September Issue.” Grace Coddington, André Leon Talley and director R.J. Cutler will be on hand at the Union Square Barnes & Noble on Feb. 25 for a discussion and DVD signing, moderated by William Norwich. The DVD will also include a mini-documentary, “The Met Ball,” which shows Anna Wintour, Talley and other Vogue staffers planning the event in 2007. Cutler originally approached Wintour with the idea of filming the making of the Costume Institute Ball but decided to capture the making of the 2007 September issue instead.

^ I wonder if any of the Met Ball mini-documentary will appear online? :unsure: Wish I could go see that event

the B&N rendition with the Met Ball short is great...anybody else find the segment w/ chloe sevigny in it completely amusing? and i love seeing nicolas ghesquiere -- looking his usual level of hot -- throughout the short...

is the special version of the met ball also about anna or more about the event in general?

^ the met ball short is definitely more focussed on the event itself, of course, with a focus on anna's role, but one doesn't get a sense that the camera is trying to learn more about anna herself through filming this event...

same for the deleted segment about 7th on Sale....

i just saw this for the first time last night.

was anyone else surprised at how slavish stefano pilati was around anna? i was honestly surprised. i was expecting him to be more like 'here's the collection - and thats that".

thakoon didnt seem slavish at all. he just seemed nervous and down to earth.

^ Oh i thought Thakoon was just as "slavish" if not more so, he was basically acting like a fan meeting his celebrity idol, but yeah i didnt expect Pilati to be like that at all, expected a bit more backbone......

the B&N rendition with the Met Ball short is great...anybody else find the segment w/ chloe sevigny in it completely amusing?

Yes, it defintely was :lol:

I loved it when Hamish helped Anna w/her coat :wub:

The Met segment was definitely worth getting. It was nice to see more behind the scenes of the preparations.

Grace's inspirations in the deleted scenes was my favorite. It was much too short for me. I could listen to her talk for hours about her favorite photographers, etc. I really wanted to see a closeup of her bookshelves -- to know more of what books she had there.

Does anyone know the correct spelling of the photographer's name who did the portrait of the woman wearing the sheer blouse with the black bra that was shown in Grace's inspirations?

^^, yes, but i think thakoon might be like that to everyone. he's a bit green as it were. he seems like a very personable and polite young man.

i suppose i feel sorry for anna wintour in a way. she seems out of touch and has lost her humanity.

Does anyone know if the 90 minutes extra edition is coming to the UK? I haven't seen it on Amazon.

^^, yes, but i think thakoon might be like that to everyone. he's a bit green as it were. he seems like a very personable and polite young man.

Anna adores Thakoon. They really show more of that in the additional footage. He's one of her design darlings & she's taken him under her guidance.

I don't think it'll be coming to the UK. You can just import across the Region 1 version.

We've already had two editions of the DVD - not quite sure why, but there's two different versions of it floating around, as well us already having had the TV première of it.

I've just ordered my copy of the US Edition today.

The Met segment was definitely worth getting. It was nice to see more behind the scenes of the preparations.

I feel so dumb... immediately after I tore the shrinkwrap off of my copy, I realized I was originally planning to buy the Barnes & Noble version... So tell us everything that happens in the Met short...please. :lol:

Is the Met segment only on the Barnes & Noble version, and not the Amazon version...?

Oh, shoot.

If I'm going to buy a DVD I've actually already got a copy of, I certainly want it to be the one with the Met Segment. Although I'm not quite sure B&N ship to the UK.

Amazing, thanks!

And just in time to cancel my Amazon order of the Two Disc edition.

:smile:

i just finished renting/watching it...i was kind of disappointed. i thought they would show more fashion shows, more interviews, etc...
half the film was anna walking in and out of the room with all the magnets on it
and i honestly think grace coddington should just take over; everything she says is so true, especially about the edits being "pin-sharp" nowadays and the ridiculous celebrity hype

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->