Marni
37763_in_m.jpg

Sergio Rossi

37405_in_m.jpg

Pedro Garcia
39178_in_m.jpg

Alexander Mcqueen
38569_in_m.jpg

:lol: hahahaha i think the rainbow-colour boots are very funny actually (not that i would wear them :P)

obsvr: It's a shame how big brands can create nightmares like those...

obsvr: It's a shame how big brands can create nightmares like those...

Yeah I know, I wonder how these designers' brains are wired sometimes!:huh: Not all of us are fashion sheep just because we love fashion :doh:

I went to school with people who wore this shoe (the First one) apparently they are really comfy.
I know that Kickers do a similar design, which is uber popular with school drop out types

Can I start off by saying the last shoe in post #4616 is hysterical :lol:

My nomination I suspect won't be popular, but hey, it's just my opinion so I don't expect you guys to agree with me...

BUT... The shoe that hurts my eyes the most at the moment is (dare I say it) the limited edition Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette. Love the shape, but hate everything else - so sorry.

It looks like someone has vommed on a pair of Louboutins and then scattered them with sawdust. Not sure what is going on with the ankle strap either. So yeah, not keen. I'm not a huge fan of the Jeffersons posted earlier in the thread, but these are far worse IMHO, although I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt perhaps when I see a pair being modelled. Please be kind, it's just my opinion.

I wonder if even JetSetGo! could make a pair of these look good! :flower:

Image: indigoclothing.com

^
i actually sort of like those....not sure what i would wear them with though

I suspect you're not alone Rebe and I am probably in the minority on this one :smile:

The whole Marie Antoinette theme goes so badly with the stiletto heel. I really prefer Manolo's Marie Antoinette shoes.

My biggest problem with the Ricci shoes (despite the fact that they are ugly as hell), is that the only purpose they serve is to shock. They don't enhance the collection, they don't speak to the inspiration of the collection, they don't accentuate the clothes...they're just there to shock.

To be honest, I'm getting so tired of 'extreme' shoes. It's just getting so old and contrived. That's why the Prada gladiator mary janes were so appealing to me this season...because they were a nice, sturdy shoe with some gorgeous detailing. They didn't need platforms, they didn't need laws of physics, etc., they were just a great pair of shoes.

i cant agree. i think the shoes were a key part of the collection. as oliver said they were part of his sketches. he didnt even bother to measure them he just knew that was the right size for the proportion he had sketched.
i think that the shoes is one of the things that gave the collection a very graphic and illustration-like quality.
just like the impossible volumes, the fabric that ruffles exactly where it should... i guess we could say it's like the other side of the coin of atelier versace... on the one side you see the sketches, and presented next to it is the dress... sure the real thing is gorgeous, but sometimes it makes you wish that it looked "more like the drawing", that the girls legs were that high, or the heels as impossibly high as they are drawn...
i personally can relate to it, because it's the way i like to sketch things (not that i sketch that much... but that's another story) ... tiny shoulders, impossibly long legs, sometimes even unfinished heels (which i guess would be the case here)

EDIT: flicking through uk vogue from march i saw a Blahnik ad and came up with a better comparison than Versace... and sure more appropriate for this thread... the sketch is beyond ravishing. the actual shoe, is pretty average (in terms of proportion, the height, etc)

manolo-3.jpg

gamil.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant agree. i think the shoes were a key part of the collection. as oliver said they were part of his sketches. he didnt even bother to measure them he just knew that was the right size for the proportion he had sketched.
i think that the shoes is one of the things that gave the collection a very graphic and illustration-like quality.
just like the impossible volumes, the fabric that ruffles exactly where it should... i guess we could say it's like the other side of the coin of atelier versace... on the one side you see the sketches, and presented next to it is the dress... sure the real thing is gorgeous, but sometimes it makes you wish that it looked "more like the drawing", that the girls legs were that high, or the heels as impossibly high as they are drawn...
i personally can relate to it, because it's the way i like to sketch things (not that i sketch that much... but that's another story) ... tiny shoulders, impossibly long legs, sometimes even unfinished heels (which i guess would be the case here)

EDIT: flicking through uk vogue from march i saw a Blahnik ad and came up with a better comparison than Versace... and sure more appropriate for this thread... the sketch is beyond ravishing. the actual shoe, is pretty average (in terms of proportion, the height, etc)

gamil.com

I always regrettet that the arch of Manolo's shoes isn't as curved irl as in his sketches.
It is so hard to find those curved arches these days. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->