Thrift Scores

my vintage bright coral red princess coat that my friend bought at a thrift store for $8. I traded her a purple leather skirt (!!! which I had actually bought to give to her...:blush:) for that coat - best trade of my life! it looks quite a lot like audrey hepburn's red coat in breakfast at tiffany's, although I actually like mine better because the shape is sleeker. B)

also, a blue wool vintage givenchy a-line skirt that I bought for about $1.25. it's absolutely gorgeous. :smile:

Recent finds include a Saks Fifth Avenue gray cotton/rayon sweater for $7.
Others include a Steve Fabrikant (luxe knit) dress for $30, a Talora (Nordstrom) stretch denim reefer for $20, and a pair of INC beige slacks for $7.

I found a great brown leather Miu Miu jacket with dark purple stitching for $75. The leather was in great condition, no cracks or dry spots. :heart:

Another great find this last weekend! A caramel brown vintage leather jacket. It's fitted and slightly broken in - and I only paid $22 for it!

Shucks, I almost said Macy's and Bloomingdales but as they are not really vintage, then I'll say Crabtree and Evelyn? Or Wet Seal is sometimes very chantilly.

Yippee! Today I bought a gorgeous wool scottish kilt for $10.00 which I am going to wear with black knee-length lace-up boots and a 70s velvet jacket so that it doesn't look too "mumsy".

The best things I have found at a thrift store include
Valentino couture vicuna coat ($12. Last september)
two Florence Knoll black leather settees ($20 each!!!,a couple of years ago)
Baccarat decanter ($80. last year)
1950's black leather motorcycle jacket ($20. last week)
There is a silent auction here every Saturday and I used to frequent,Once I got there a little late and this Old man had beat me to a set of 4 Verner Panton wire cone chairs with blue seat pads.He was driving off as I got there :angry:
I have more luck finding house stuff than clothes.
I have a friend that would find AMAZING things.He found a pair of white painted Margiela tabi boots.I thought that was INSANE.

My fave thing has to be my hot pink pumps with a 2 -3 inch heel, brand new for 2.99! I get comments on them whenever I wear them out. My 5 y.o cousin calls them "tay-tay's barbie shoes"! :heart:

I was so innocently riding my bike last night when I happened upon this amazing vintage/thrift store.

I got:
two 40's/50's bathing suits(very modest, yet still very cute) :heart:
two scarves
big round sunglasses.

I had to make myself leave b/c I needed to get home, but there were still several rooms I hadn't gone into yet and I think I 'm gonna go back and get earrings that I've thought about.

It was sooo much fun! :bounce:

Originally posted by humble balmy gore@May 14th, 2003 - 5:17 pm

I have a friend that would find AMAZING things.He found a pair of white painted Margiela tabi boots.I thought that was INSANE.
Thats amzing I'm going to faint!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Originally posted by pfwoot@May 27th, 2003 - 10:19 am
two 40's/50's bathing suits(very modest, yet still very cute) :heart:
two scarves
big round sunglasses.[/color]
oooh, you should wear the retro swimsuit with scarf and big round sunglasses! B)

I bought a Donald Brooks dress for $5 at a garage sale and when I looked it up on the web as to info about the designer. I saw the dresses went for $450 and up.

:heart: Tiffany

I :heart: reading about everyone's treasures!

Yesterday I found a Joseph Homme pure wool jumper for hubby, perfect unworn condition $6.50. (The op-shop ladies had never heard of Joseph!) and a 50s red wool boucle coat also in perfect condition for $7.00

I get such a buzz from finding great stuff :buzz: ...does anyone else feel this way?

B) definitely, Charlotte!

:flower: Welcome to tFS, Tiffany199! :flower:

Yesterday, I found a soft black polkadot skirt that is so light you don't even notice you're wearing it (3 euros), an icy blue cashmere sweater for my mom :flower: (too big for me) (5 e.) and a couple of cool books, all Dutch, so I won't bore you w/ details.
Yay!

Purple leather jacket, looks unworn for £4.25.

I found a gorgeous, classic, black, retro, museum worthy, swimsuit, though it was not cheap ($99)... its worth more than what I paid. It is my most favourite item in my closet.

i found a grey fur schiaparelli coat from the 40's for $12!!!!!!! it is amazing! and in mint condition.
i also found a huge cream bottega veneta tote bag- woven- for $1.

I found the most adorable doctor-style handbag the other day. it's brown leather with black leather detailing (which is so nice because I always accessorize with black and never brown) and just a small handle. I only paid $1.98 for it, and it's in amazing condition for it's age, though I can't determine exactly how old it might be. it doesn't really look like it's been used. regardless, I'm still elated over my find. -_- :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->