Thrift Scores

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by HBoogie, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Dommy

Dommy New Member

I don't frequent the Thriftstores quite enough, but my biggest scores were vintage purses in Red, Gold and Silver and a pair of rhinestone screw back earrings in the shape of a rose. VERY pretty and classy (White gold too!)

I do however score AMAZING deal on clothes and shoes on the E-Bay though... ;D

--Dommy!

2. littlered

littlered New Member

I found a red, leather trenchcoat the other day! I only paid $10 for it too...it's so fabulous I can't wait to wear it.

3. pfwoot

pfwoot New Member

In the interest of saving money I have decided that whatever I buy this fall will be from a thrift store! :blush:

4. tott

tott slightly dizzy

I found a great Harris tweed blazer for 2,50 € a few years ago, it's a classic and virtually indestructable.

My other great find was a 60's tailored double-breasted coat in dark blue that looks really sharp and perfect; people have actually asked me if it's Gucci! 25 € was what I paid.

5. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I am so absolutely jealous!

I live in Iowa (shreek), so there is never anything interesting in the thrift stores here. I often frequent Chicago, though - anybody know of any kickin' Chicago thrift shops?

Thanks! :heart:

6. jetset

jetset New Member

While making my rounds to the local thrift stores, I came across a vintage pink
    Mens Christian Dior sweater and many other items, I would have to look in
    my closet,I can be there for hours!

7. armelle

armelle New Member

You find really great great clothes! How do you do it? I have the impression that in Paris, everyone is looking for vintage stuff (and know the value of it) so it's hard to find not too expensive things.
    But I found lots of great stuff! Some of my favorites :

- a camel brown soft suede leather coat with fur collar for 15 euros
    - a vintage perfect Sonia Rykiel black skirt
    - a vintage sheer silk black blouse by Guy Laroche for almost nothing
    - a Hermes light summer jacket for 15 euros! at a charity shop
    - a Vivienne Westwood black top with white collar and ruffles going down from it, and white sleeves (hard to describe) that makes me look like a sexy victorian waitress or home maid
    - and great bags from my grand-mother : like a beaded black one, a satin black with flowers pouch, and a lovely real crocodile one

Keep posting, I love to read all that!

8. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

The only vintage thing that I adore, are my Valentino red leather loafers, they are buttery soft, and they were never used,I got them on a vintage shop here in PR, owned by two ladies who travels a lot and gets great deals, real and fakes... and just 85 dollars!!...I was browsing, and I saw them on ebay, for 300 dollars. I dunno if they are fake, but I always get compliments when I wear them :rolleyes: :lol:

9. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

gee, that sounds great tott...if u ever want to get rid of it, gimme a call ;)

10. MissFire

MissFire New Member

*pst* Elle - check out Daisy Shop (67 East Oak 6th Floor)

11. shesaloser

shesaloser New Member

At the Buffalo Exchange on Broadway in Seattle I got a blue lace Betsey Johnson Skirt for $15... And about a month ago I found a Christian Dior button up shirt for $2 at Shop and Save :)

12. agent v

agent v New Member

sorry to dig up an old, thread, but just went thrifting and found some great stuff!

-brown knee high ferragamo boots- $7.99
    -purple-blue cashmere sweater-$4.00
    -pocket hankercheif- 12 cents
    polka dot silk scarf- 69 cents
    - grey polo- 1.49
    -black and white clutch purse- $8.00

13. Nader

Nader Active Member

Hell, and I thought Filene's Basement was exciting! (I got Adriano Goldschmied Jeans there for $14) I must check out some thrift stores nearby!

14. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

My favorite yellow-black-and-white plaid wool dress came from a major thrift score! I was taking in some shirts for my sister, and I saw this dress...

It is heavy-weight wool flannel. The bodice is cut on the grain, and the plaid is so large that one repeat is all it takes to make a large, dramatic, tic-tac-toe shape across the centre of the bodice. The skirt is cut on the bias, four gores, maxi-length, and the plaid is matched up perfectly so that you get a pattern of chevrons and diamond on each seam.

Words cannot describe how much I adore this old dress! I am completely neurotic and anal about plaids matching up, so when I saw this dress, and found that it was my size, I simply couldn't resist. The $12 price-tag didn't hurt, either.

15. pradaromance

pradaromance New Member

that dress sounds adorable... :blush:

16. Barbie

Barbie New Member

My best find at a thrift store has to be my Marc Jacobs coat with the patches it was a couple of season ago but when I bought it the season was still current anyway the coat retailed about $250 on sale I think and I got it for a whopping $50 bucks.... :woot:

17. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Now I want to go thrift shopping! :woot:

18. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I bow to you

19. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Me too, and congrats on your find!

20. keepsmiling

keepsmiling New Member

I'm so jealous of you guys! All I ever seem to find is stinky fluro items and glo-mesh bags! :wacko: :lol:
    Inspired me to go thrift-shopping.