Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Ochi Chernye

Reaction score
Who's excited for this movie? I am! :clap:Tim Burton is a creative genius and I just can't think of a better director for the project.

The cast is superb. Matt Lucas has been cast as Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter will be playing two roles, The Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts and Anne Hathaway will play The White Queen. Alice will be played by Australian actress Mia Wasikowska. The film is set to be released March 5, 2010.

Here's an article from the November 2008 issue of US Vogue about Mia:

scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
I only recently watched the Disney version of this movie and was amazed at how crazy and weird it is..
then when I found out that Tim Burton was going to do this movie I was excited.

if the Disney version was like being on an acid trip I can't wait to see what Tim Burton will do with it ! :woot:

^ Actually, it's still going to be a Disney film. It's being produced by Walt Disney Pictures. :P

I can't WAIT for this.

The cast sounds superb!! I'm glad they're not casting the lead of Alice with a known actress.

The only problem is, it has a 2010 release date!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

i absolutely cannot wait!! :buzz: :buzz:

what a great collection of true artists, they've gathered!! I'm sure it will be outstanding, and gorgeous in every way :wub:

Can't wait to see Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter as the Queens!

Fantastic casting! obviuosly I knew Helena would be in it :innocent: :lol:

sounds brilliant....that story has such a surreal quality that i think is perfect for tim. and still with that vein of melancholy. should be brilliant,indeed.

does anybody know if it's,as its still a disney production,going to be based mostly on the animation,as with charlie and the choco factory,or the book 'through the looking glass' specifically?

As far as I know, the film is to take place years after the book.
Spoiler: ''Alice is now 19 and not interested in marrying a rich boor. Instead she falls back down the rabbit hole. She intervenes on behalf of the White Queen to regain the crown, falls in love with the Mad Hatter...and decides to return home with her newfound courage''. - imdb forum

There is quite a bit of criticism that the Mad Hatter will take increased importance, seen as only being due to the Burton/Depp relationship. Who knows, I'm sure it will be good.

Crispin Glover is also supposedly cast as the Knave of Hearts. I too am glad that it's a relative unknown playing Alice. I know Amanda Seyfried was hoping for the role. :P

this is an EXCELLENT cast. Well except for Anne Hathaway.

Tim Burton's style is perfect for directing Alice in Wonderland.

^Agreed. I'm iffy about Anne Hathaway. But besides that this sounds like it is going to be an excellent movie. Eeeee I can't wait.

strawb- thanks for the additional info...
i don't think that's really a spoiler...:P

and it makes sense now that johnny depp would be in that role...
at first i thought that was a rather small role for him...so i didn't get it...
but if that character takes on a bigger role...then that explains the casting..

who the heck wouldn't want MORE johnny...?!?!
the more the better imho...
:innocent:...

:lol:...

does anybody know if it's,as its still a disney production,going to be based mostly on the animation,as with charlie and the choco factory,or the book 'through the looking glass' specifically?
Considering that the characters the White Queen, the Red Queen and the Knave of Hearts have all been cast, it is based on the book, because none of those characters are in the animated Disney film.

And I'm VERY excited about this film. And the casting is so wonderful! Ann Hathaway is an interesting choice, but I generally really like Ann, so I'm excited to see her performance in a Tim Burton film.

I love ann hathaway so I think that it will work I love Helena I know that she is over cast but hey they are a couple and apparently their baby is going to make a a cameo appearance I found pictures and I will post them if I can relocate them. It looks really good and their baby is so cute in costume. The costumes in general look stunning.

Found them
751064_copy.jpg

751086_copy.jpg

751097_copy.jpg

751098_copy.jpg

This was posted over a month ago so more work has been done I am assuming
Pics from INF daily

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member