Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Anyone think the characters in Wonderland were symbolical of the real people in Alice's life?
Like, I think the Mad Hatter reminded her of her Dad.
The White Queen, probably of her sister.
Her Dad's business partner could be Cheshire or the Caterpillar.
Or am I just reading into this too much? :lol:

I absolutely loved it!

The outfits, characters, screen sets, scenes and the music.

I loved Mad Hatter, March Hare and Cheshire Cat.

Johnny Depp and Ann Hathaway were amazing as always.

My favorite outfit was the red dress Alice wears when she meets the Queen of Hearts.

When it comes out on dvd, I'm buying it.

I'd be crazy NOT to own it.

^^ that's what I thought to, especially at the end when Alice talks to her mom, her sister, her sister's husband, the twins, etc ...

This was a wonderful movie.

Anyone think the characters in Wonderland were symbolical of the real people in Alice's life?

I had the same thoughts:lol:

I think that was meant to be obvious :ermm: Especially at the start with the two girls standing next to each other and finishing each other's sentences and with the possible mother in law complaining about the white roses :lol:

I thought it was a disappointment. My favourite thing about the film was Alice and her outfits.. I thought Mia carried the film well. Everything else just seemed kind of loosely tied and didn't really click with me.

I hated it sadly I really wanted to like it. The costumes were good and alice was a good actress but that is about it.

I had that thought too, with her sister's fiancee being the Knave of Hearts? I can't figure out who Hamish would be in Wonderland, though:huh:.

to be honest as a big fans of alice in wonderland (i have tattoos of the original book way before there are talking of this movie) and a huge fans of tim burton and depp, i am disappointed with this movie.
i prefer the old classic twisted version :(

I thought it was a disappointment. My favourite thing about the film was Alice and her outfits.. I thought Mia carried the film well. Everything else just seemed kind of loosely tied and didn't really click with me.

Agreed. I was so disappointed with the film. I think it's cos I was expecting too much out of it.

Finally got to see it tonight. I LOVED it. My friends I went with enjoyed it too. I'm not a huge fan of 3D but I did like it more than Avatar. But have to admit that as it's not the orginal story of Alice in Wonderland it would have suited another name. People would still see it as it's a Tim Burton film.

Mia was great. I thought her english accent was spot on and I agree she was very much like Gwyneth in Emma. The costumes were fabulous. I loved Alice dress the Mad Hatter made her and then the one the Red Queen puts her in. Johnny and Helena were on top form as usual. Great to at least hear Alan Rickman and Stephen Fry who are two of my favourites. Matt Lucas was so cute as Tweedledee/Tweedledum. We couldn't work out who voiced Dormouse and got a shock when it was Barbara fricking Windsor. Awesome.

The only thing we all agree was bad was Anne Hathaway. She was terrible and I usually like her so I'm quite sad. Her mannerisms were too over the top unlike Helena's which were perfect. If you compare her to say Amy Adams in Enchanted, she had all the "princess" mannerisms down pat whereas Anne just looks foolish. And don't get me started on her atrocious eyebrows. The only good thing was her gorgeous dress.

I need HQs of all the outfits asap. Can't wait to get it on DVD.

Label, I found some more HQs of the costumes. Enjoy!

aliceinwonderlandmovie.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->