Tips on Bag Cleaning and Maintenance

Someone has just posted this up on another site. I really feel for them, but do wish they'd not left it on the floor. Still, accidents happen. Can anyone advise? I've suggested a professional leather maker / cleaner, as I always do in these cases lol. I don't know the bag yet, though I've asked the question. Nor do I know the things she's already tried, but again I've asked the (anxious) question.

'I have a gorgeous tan leather handbag which was accidently left in a pool of vodka and lemonade! (Not my fault!!!) The leather has soaked the liquid up and the bottom half of the bag is now dark brown. I have tried a few things but nothing works.
Please help!

<<<<Sobbing....'sniff'..... '

i'm sure this has been asked before but how do you soften leather on a bag? I have a Cynthia Rowley leather bag with a bamboo handle that works as a closure (the bag just hangs over the handle) and the leather is kind of stiff and doesn't hang as lightly as it used to. I really love this bag, please help!!!!

Hi
I used my Chole bag as a diper-bag and couple of months ago , i guess milk spilled inside and I didnt notice it until today, because i didnt carry the bag . Now it all moldy . how do i clean it ???
TIA

Which colour do you have? I gather you've scraped the mould off. If it's just stained on the inside, pull the lining out and then deal with the inside stained part by soaking it in soap-flakes to remove the stain. If that doesn't work, try disinfectant. If not again, bleach it mildly. Make sure you're standing by on all three procedures and that no chemicals touch the leather.

If the leather has the milk stain on too, then we're back to my old favourite the expert cleaner.

Stains that rubbed off from other fabric onto patent leather is permanent right? I thought I read that it's underneath the veneer surface and can't be cleaned... My beige Jas M.B. got dirty on my trip, sadly.

How would you clean croc/exotic leather bags? And what about sequin/crystal ones?

I'm guessing they should be professionally cleaned non? But what about some tips to keep them clean? :flower: Would appreciate your help! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->