Tom Cruise Gets Squirted

FoxyC said:
I think he reacted quite well to it anyway.. i actually started feeling sorry for the guy that did it, because Tom just held his hand and gave him a kinda lecture and a telling off.. same way a teacher would do to an 8 year old.

I just saw the footage and thought exactly the same thing. Tom was very calm and made the guy that did it look like a fool for pulling the stupid trick. Even though I think that Tom has acted like a loon lately, he was just trying to give interviews and even though it was just water - that isn't cool. I don't know if the guy should've been arrested though.....a little harsh.

Considering the people who did it were a bunch of nobodies.. and he stopped to do an interview and was answering the questions for them... just to be rewarded with a spray of water in the face...

That's humiliating in front of all of your fans. I thought he acted fine about it... I do think assault charges are a little much...

I would've just spit in the guys face. :wink:

Luna said:
I would've just spit in the guys face. :wink:
Woah don't mess with Luna! :wink:

I saw it on BBC news and it was such a stupid and unfunny thing to do.I think Tom handled it very well,they guy who did it is obviously a complete prat

For the way Tom has been acting these last months regarding post-pardum depression which was directed at Brooke Shields....he deserves a squirt in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
DreamsAreMade said:
No, it is still relevant b/c Tom, like everyone else, is human. Just because he is a big movie star doesn't give him any more rights than others....you're putting celebs on a pedestal.
He had every RIGHT to react the way he did--but that's not my point.

He did something most of his peers as well as the population would not have done, so it's worthy of mention, i don't see how that's putting someone on a pedastal.
When most 'humans' are working and some random stranger comes up to them and squirts them with water, they usually don't react the way tom did.
and frankly i don't see why you have to split hairs over comparing Tom to Russel Crowe, it's not the first time someone compared an actor with ANOTHER ACTOR.

Scott said:
For the way Tom has been acting these last months regarding post-pardum depression which was directed at Brooke Shields....he deserves a squirt in the face.

Ooooh forgot about that.Didn't he slate her for taking medication or something?

The guy was rude....

Tom may have overreacted...

IMO, the funniest part of all of this is his publicist (or someone) wiping his face off FOR him in the video. THAT is the embarrassing part of the video from my perspective :lol:

^^ He's Tom Cruise.... If I made the money she made, I'd wipe his *** and not think twice about it. :rofl:

Well, you got a point :lol:

It just seems so silly. Maybe she's been reprimanded before for just HANDING him a towel. :P Anyhow, just struck me as funny...

Tom Cruise takes himself way too seriously. :blink:

In England, they do this sort of thing to celebs a lot. Usually B-list ones, but they always laugh it off.

This is just another example of how awful his publicist (who is also his sister) is. If I were her, I would have told the crew, "look, we didn't appreciate that, we won't press charges if you agree not to show it on TV," or, he could have just laughed it off, as he has been in this business for a hell of a long time and knows that ultimately if he doesn't, he will end up looking like the bad guy. But instead, he acts like a baby and she does nothing to stop it. When he was rep'd by Pat Kingsley, he was the golden boy who could do no wrong. His sister also has no formal training and she has no idea what she is doing. I feel sorry for Holmes because now she's dumped her manager and is being influenced by his sister, who sat in on all her interviews for Batman Begins-which is weird, considering the Batman movie has nothing to do with her. :huh:

It also looks especially bad when his "relationship" with Katie Holmes is really weird. I was reading Entertainment weekly and 60% of ppl said that his recent behaviour makes him look bad.

If this happened to anyone else, that TV crew would not have been arrested. So what, does Cruise think that there is a whole special section of the Law devoted to movie stars?:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
What people don't seem to realise is that though Tom may have overreacted with the pressing charges matter, who knows what that guy could of had instead of a water microphone...or whatever it was.

It was uncalled for, and an embarassment to this country if you ask me. But thank god am not British. Seriously alot of people did not find it funny.

Diamond Star said:
Ooooh forgot about that.Didn't he slate her for taking medication or something?

Yup. I mean,he has alot of gall to tell these guys they're rude when he's said some heavy things about her choices. Saying that it's all in her head and stuff. I really despise people like that,who use their religious convictions to criticize other's when they know nothing about what they're talking about in the first place.

I thought it was kind of funny. It's not THAT big of a deal is it? I mean it's just water...

Scott said:
Yup. I mean,he has alot of gall to tell these guys they're rude when he's said some heavy things about her choices. Saying that it's all in her head and stuff. I really despise people like that,who use their religious convictions to criticize other's when they know nothing about what they're talking about in the first place.

I think you are on the wrong thread my friend. This is about Tom geting squirted- Not Tom and Brooke.:flower:

So, what the reporter did was correct? Because Tom was vocal about his opinon he deserved to be squirted?

So everyone that disagrees with you should be squirted?
If your answer is yes, I would suggest you grow up.:blush:

lyliloo said:
I thought it was kind of funny. It's not THAT big of a deal is it? I mean it's just water...

Its not just water loo, its the principal behind it. You just don't do things like that.

modelmama said:
Because Tom was vocal about his opinon he deserved to be squirted?

So everyone that disagrees with you should be squirted?

I'm confused. I didn't think they had a disagreement previous to the incident. I thought it was just a practical joke :huh: Have I missed something?

lyliloo said:

and would you think that if some random guy did that to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d1rtb4g
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->