Tom Ford S/S 2009 : Jon Kortajarena and Karen Elson by Tom Ford

imo Black Orchid created the great draw to the brand "Tom Ford". sexy, sultry, dark, elegant, slightly evil. it was gorgeous.

But I think that at this point he's really in a place where people already know what it is he stands for and are more than willing to buy into it. He's created the allure of "Tom Ford" already, the ad campaigns really aren't even necessary.

i can see your point here, but then again... what is the primal purpose for advertising campaigns? why do so much labels spend millions on glossy images of airbrushed models tucked with dresses/shoes/bags each season? and if Tom Ford had already succeeded in building a brand image and didn't need an ad campaign at all (which i really doubt), then why would uber-brands like Chanel, Hermes and LV which have history, heritage, public recognition and brand loyalty young labels like Tom Ford can only dream of, why would they bother to produce ads at all? don't people know what Chanel stands for? and, correct me if i'm wrong, these brands have much more for people to associate them with than cologne bottle tucked in someone's shaved butt or vagina.
as for the topic of our discussion, i liked what BerlinRocks said. these images (ss09 i mean) are rather doubtful choice for making a statement (if any) about what you do and what you want people to feel about it. and making no statement is just another way to do so.

Reload this Page Tom Ford S/S 09 : Jon Kortajarena and Karen Elson by Tom Ford

[photo taken by vogue28 from UK VOGUE MARCH 2009]

:ninja: Don't the eyewear ads have a separate thread?

My bad :ninja:
thank you for merging.

I loved Karen picture :heart::heart::heart: So beautiful.

Karen looks fantastic there! It actually reminds me a lot of the F/W 03 YSL ads with Adina Fohlin. She also had that major afro hair, the red lips, the pale skin...

^^Oh...the YSL SS 03 campaign...one of my all time favorite campaigns....:heart:

And because Karen's shot reminds me of that campaign, I can't help but love it.

Love Karen´s shot. Very good.
suprised and interesting that Tom shot this himself.

lol, then again, to be honest, i don't think Tom would shoot a girl for his campaign wearing someone else's clothes.... you know, just a thought.

What I like about this campaign, is that I feel I can actually see the clothes. I mean, in the initial shot, you can see the grain of the fibre almost. The cut and style really stand out, and I think from there you can decide whether you like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->