Travel Guide : New York City

Blah...Le Bernardin is vetoed cos it's not open on sunday...I need some advice on cool and wonderful restuarants after Ave Q...thanks :heart:

Best French Restaurants?

What are the best French restaurants in NYC?

im gonna be driving the 45 minutes from my house to NYC for my 22nd birthday in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any fun suggestions of clubs and the whatnot ... im visiting a friend and shes said shell take me anywhere i want to go ... but i have no ideas ... help!

faust said:
Pretty bad. Superfuture is ok, though. The hipguide is terrible, it should be called pretensiouslyhipguide.com.

There are several Century21 stores but the one in Manhattan (that you went to) is the best by far.
Thanks I guess I'll stick to that store whenever I'm in town:flower:

oh!

i wear a tiara said:
im gonna be driving the 45 minutes from my house to NYC for my 22nd birthday in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any fun suggestions of clubs and the whatnot ... im visiting a friend and shes said shell take me anywhere i want to go ... but i have no ideas ... help!

marquee- spirit- crobar- canal room- lotus- N/A- lit- luna lounge- sullivan room-
and about 50 more clubs & bars. depends what night.

metal-on-metal said:
Seriously. I hate these so-called guides to 'hip'. Let's face it, once something is in a guide (online or printed), it's not hip anymore. I think it's pretty sad to constantly be searching for the next coolest thing. People like that must miss out on so much.

Agreed. I've been going to some places for years and years and I love them just the same. And most of them aren't in any of these guides...

lady grey said:
as far as stores I would skip century 21.

stick to:
bergdorfs
bonwits
barneys

and then individual boutiques like armani, burverry, fendi etc.

as far as advice, i'd skip this /\/\/\/\/\/\

i wear a tiara said:

need more info! are you trying to hook up? splurge big? see hipsters/celebs?

I think its always a safe bet to park as close to Houston and Ludlow (where Katz's Deli is) and then walk around (north for east village/south for lower east side) looking for throngs of smokers clearly marking all the good bars on any given night (none too big none too small a crowd is the best to me :cool:

I live in the area, am a drunk, and can help you pick a more specific place if given more info.

More importantly though, What are you gonna wear?!

:cool:

David

ooooo im so excited im going back on tuesday. my FAVORITE place to eat is fresh foods on 21st and park avenue south.

heeheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

crif dogs(deep fried dogs on toasted buns... the best!)-8th and 1st
magnolia's(cupcakes and banana pudding)- bleeker
payard's(expensive pastries)-lexington
pick me up cafe-ave a
cafe lalo-upper west side
those are my favorite places that i can think of right now.

mode_addict said:
crif dogs(deep fried dogs on toasted buns... the best!)-8th and 1st
magnolia's(cupcakes and banana pudding)- bleeker
payard's(expensive pastries)-lexington
pick me up cafe-ave a
cafe lalo-upper west side
those are my favorite places that i can think of right now.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Cafe Lalo

daworth said:
need more info! are you trying to hook up? splurge big? see hipsters/celebs?

I think its always a safe bet to park as close to Houston and Ludlow (where Katz's Deli is) and then walk around (north for east village/south for lower east side) looking for throngs of smokers clearly marking all the good bars on any given night (none too big none too small a crowd is the best to me :cool:

I live in the area, am a drunk, and can help you pick a more specific place if given more info.

More importantly though, What are you gonna wear?!

:cool:

David

i want to go all out ... im turning 22 ... but am planning on treating it like my 21st bday ... because i feel like i kinda got short changed last year ... crappy boyfriend ... so i want to drink fabulous drinks ... wear fabulous clothes ... and have a fabulous time ... i dont like huge huge crowds cause im very tiny and tend to get trampled ...

i have no idea what im going to wear yet ... every year for my bday my parents buy me a hot outfit to wear out ... so im going to be shopping for that very soon ... i do know for sure that i will be wearing a tiara ... some say its tacky ... but its my birthday ...

I'm no expert on the cool ny places, but when me and my friends were shoping Soho last summer we went to this really nice little restraunt called Cafe Bari. Ther service was really good and so was the food. Plus we ate on the second floor right by a big window so we could watch people outside. It had a nice atmosphere.:flower:

SCBl0ndie said:
I'm no expert on the cool ny places, but when me and my friends were shoping Soho last summer we went to this really nice little restraunt called Cafe Bari. Ther service was really good and so was the food. Plus we ate on the second floor right by a big window so we could watch people outside. It had a nice atmosphere.:flower:

It's a cute place, been there for about 5-6 years. That window is a definite plus.

la blanca

SCBl0ndie said:

they make a special soda drink there for me, a coca cola with vanilla syrup & lots of ice.
it's called 'la blanca.'

lady grey said:
as far as stores I would skip century 21.

stick to:
bergdorfs
bonwits
barneys

and then individual boutiques like armani, burverry, fendi etc.

as far as nyc, i love central park, greenwich village, soho, the upper east side, the upper west side.

:shock: bonwit teller has been CLOSED for OVER 20years... :unsure: :huh:
:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->