Travel Guide : New York City

bumped...
some info...rather specific...

softgrey said:
hot girl means gisele bundchen or heidi klum in this city...just pretty won't do it...there's way too much competition... anyway...no one goes to clubs...except maybe britney spears and justin timberlake...

i hear the club scene is LA is kind of outrageous...so many young celebs with too much money and no restrictions...

I hate all that sh*t - its pretty pathetic. So some bouncer thinks you're hot - big deal.:rolleyes:

acid - how can you be a*sed with that? I'd rather go somewhere nice where you can just chill & have a relaxed time. That China white scenario sound so aggressive. I remember going to some private club years ago in london (can't remember its name but it was round the corner from China white) and having to queue & be scrutinised by some big grunt of a bouncer before we got in. It was all a bit demeaning frankly. It was just a pub with purple velvet walls.

Spike413 said:
I'd say Fifth Avenue, uptown. It's cool to just walk around, windowshop, plus it's just a really nice area. I also love going downtown, the village, TriBeCa, SoHo all of those neighborhoods, you can do pretty much anything while you're down there........
Oh and I definitly agree with softgrey, the Century21 near Wall Street is awesome.
How many are there..Ive been to the one near the trade center?
Thanks

MizBlue said:
What do you mean?
Good or bad?

Pretty bad. Superfuture is ok, though. The hipguide is terrible, it should be called pretensiouslyhipguide.com.

There are several Century21 stores but the one in Manhattan (that you went to) is the best by far.

as far as stores I would skip century 21.

stick to:
bergdorfs
bonwits
barneys

and then individual boutiques like armani, burverry, fendi etc.

as far as nyc, i love central park, greenwich village, soho, the upper east side, the upper west side.

softgrey said:
one more thing...sedi...you know that sex and the city was a TV SHOW...not a documentary...hahaha...

NY isn't really like that...and most of us living here aren't really like that either... :lol: :wink: :flower:

thank God.

the club scene is for NYU freshman from the midwest who got away from their parents:sick: i hate the clubs, long lines, $25 admission fee and sketchy guys who you just keep shrugging off!

mostly, people go to bars, lots of bars have dancing now, readings, i do a lot of sample sales, and restaurant/lounges...food is a big thing, and dessert places...
Us NY'ers know how to have fun, and we definitely know our city. Its all the outsiders that haven't got a clue:P
Pick up a copy of timeout NY for some spontaneous last minute activity and events around the city...i like the new yorker as well.

faust said:

Seriously. I hate these so-called guides to 'hip'. Let's face it, once something is in a guide (online or printed), it's not hip anymore. I think it's pretty sad to constantly be searching for the next coolest thing. People like that must miss out on so much.

musique

splatooey said:
the club scene is for NYU freshman from the midwest who got away from their parents:sick: i hate the clubs, long lines, $25 admission fee and sketchy guys who you just keep shrugging off!

mostly, people go to bars, lots of bars have dancing now, readings, i do a lot of sample sales, and restaurant/lounges...food is a big thing, and dessert places...
Us NY'ers know how to have fun, and we definitely know our city. Its all the outsiders that haven't got a clue:P
Pick up a copy of timeout NY for some spontaneous last minute activity and events around the city...i like the new yorker as well.

uh not exactly. clubs are where you get in free when everyone else pays $25.
clubs are where I saw th strokes & interpol & 500 other great bands with about 25 peopel there.
clubs are where the best djs in the world come to play.
clubs are where models & celebrities go to have fun.
nyc clubs are the best in america.

Can you guys recommend any fabulous seafood or french restaurants by the Golden Theather? Thanks

french fish

le bernardin

#1 fish in nyc. among best french.

make a reservation about 2-3 weeks in advance.

you will not find better fish in a french place

there are other exceptional french places, look in zagats.

Do I have to wear jackets to Le Bernardin for lunch? Just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->