Travel Guide : New York City

SCBl0ndie said:
I'm no expert on the cool ny places, but when me and my friends were shoping Soho last summer we went to this really nice little restraunt called Cafe Bari. Ther service was really good and so was the food. Plus we ate on the second floor right by a big window so we could watch people outside. It had a nice atmosphere.:flower:

I had lunch there also when I was down. Great pizzas!

uptown girls

softgrey said:
:shock: bonwit teller has been CLOSED for OVER 20years... :unsure: :huh:
:innocent:

Softy youre almost as old as I am! Hugs!
bit too much sherry before bed there! You could try Bendels then, about a block south of bergdorf's, he won't let you down!
more:
Robert Talbott on Madison
also Versace, the new Fendi store in the 60s, G Ferre, YSL, 3 ralph lauren stores, M Kors, Missoni, Chloe, prada, gucci, hermes, john lobb, beretta gallery, etro, miu miu, cartier....all of these stores are on madison between 62nd street and 79th street.
uptown has the best tres luxe shopping in nyc - and I didnt even get to 5th ave in the 50s!

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...Norma's, The Plaza, Atelier, Brasserie 8 1/2, which is best for a special brunch on a sunday? Or can anyone recommend some place around the theater districs...thanks

Mr. Lee said:
Like $700, $800 including a few drinks for 2.

I'd suggest Alain Ducasse (58th btwn 6 & 7). Though you will have to delve deeply into the wine list to spend 700 dollars for two people.

Mr. Lee said:
Like $700, $800 including a few drinks for 2.

Hmmm, hats off to you if what you are saying is the truth.

Daniel, Aureole, Cafe Bouloud, LeSpinasse, LeCirque 2000, Bouley, Chanterelle. There are a ton of places. Most of them are stuck up and you'll be dining to some old farts (jacket required), but if you can handle it, go for it. Just pick up a Zagat, they are all there.

The Gates at Central Park

Does anyone have any information about the art work going up in Central Park?( New York City) It's called "The Gates".

it's soon...and it's only going to be up for a couple of weeks...

i gotta get uptown...
thx for reminding me...

heard the interview on NPR y'day. Can't wait to see this at the end of the month. Soft-need a date?

i do actually...but will it still be up?... :huh:

I think it's up through mid March. Give me a report if you make it up.

:doh: I was going to fly in on the 27th. thx for saying that...I'm booking my flight for Saturday morning instead. I think it would be amazing to see it from the plane, but you only see the park when you're flying out.

If anybody goes, please post pics. I was listening on the radio this morning while they were letting the fabric unroll and it would have been amazing to see in person.

I love Christo's work. I think this project would make more sense to people if the knew his philosophy. He is famous for "wrapping" things. And his procees is not only to put up his art work, he considers the years he has to run around to get all the permitts an act of art. His works never last, he works years (mostly more than 20 years) on the project and takes it down after a short time (usually a couple of weeks) because he likes his artwork to reflect the fact that nothing in life is forever, and nothing can last. I think he's amazing and I wish I was in New York!

NouvelleVague said:
I love Christo's work. I think this project would make more sense to people if the knew his philosophy. He is famous for "wrapping" things. And his procees is not only to put up his art work, he considers the years he has to run around to get all the permitts an act of art. His works never last, he works years (mostly more than 20 years) on the project and takes it down after a short time (usually a couple of weeks) because he likes his artwork to reflect the fact that nothing in life is forever, and nothing can last. I think he's amazing and I wish I was in New York!

Did they do something similar a couple years back in California?

model_mom said:
Did they do something similar a couple years back in California?

Yes, it was called the Running Fence. It was done in 1976, so it wasn't a recent thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->