Travel Guide : New York City

Hotels in New York

Not sure if this is the right forum but....

My hubby & I are coming over to New York at the end of Nov. and wondered if anyone can recommend any nice hotels preferably Upper West Side which aren't massively expensive.

I have the hugest shopping list and want to keep my money for shoping and partying and doubt we'll be actually in the hotel for that much time anyhow.

As long as its quiet(ish), safe and clean I don't mind !!

I'm so excited !!!!

Thank you kindly!

:flower:

I generally stay with friends or family in NYC, but once I stayed at on the avenue, which is on the upper west side, in the high 70's (a block away from H & H which is key for me). not too expensive and european styling (i.e., duvets rather than ugly comforters).

Happy Karma to you both !!

We're actually booked into the Milenmium Hilton which looks really nice on Church Street.

I really can't wait now - I'm on countdown already !

Any sights (other than the usual) you would recommend ?

:flower:

Barneys (on Madison Avenue)
the Guggenheim
Just about all of lower Manhattan

The W on Union Square

Soho Grand

Hotel Goovensort (sp? lol i always mess this name up)

I stayed at The Hudson while I was stopping in NYC for a night back in August 2004...as a place for people watching it's not bad but the hotel itself is blah, i don't think i've ever seen a more tiny hotel room, even for a 'boutique' hotel.

I stayed at the Jolly Madison when I was stopping over at NY last month...decent hotel if you are just using it to sleep. The Morgan, a boutique hotel just around the corner from the Jolly is quite nice too, I like their bar...but I believe it's a bit more pricey.

Did you go to the Hudson's Bar?...it is spectacular. The rooms are very tiny...I'd reccomend a suite.

Nope, didn't go to the bar...by the time me and my dad checked in it was already midnight and we just had a 20+ hour flight, we hadn't eaten yet so we just grabbed some grub at their restaurant (if i recall correctly the pasta i had was :yuk: ), then just walked around the block smoking Magnum 46's.

OMG! My favorite thread!

Goodness! I have lots. I'm a Manhattanite - raised and bred!

In the City:
West Village, Lower East Side, Soho, Tribeca, Meatpacking District, Chelsea, Chelsea Piers, The Village, St. Marks, DUMBO

Upstate:
The Adirondacks
Syracuse
Lake Placid

Long Island:
East Hamptons
Montauk
Armagansette
Bridgehampton

Best club: Bungalow8
Best brunch: Pastis
Best bar: Hiro (not in the week-ends)
Good dinner: Tao, Cafe Habana, Matsuri, Geisha
Shopping: Forever 21, Barney's
Shoes shopping: 8th st. between 5th and 6th Av.
Best museum: Whitney
People watching: Union Square Park, Soho Cipriani
Place to live: West village

....ditto B)

yasmin1974 said:
Best club: Bungalow8
Best brunch: Pastis
Best bar: Hiro (not in the week-ends)
Good dinner: Tao, Cafe Habana
Shopping: Barney's
Best museum: Whitney
People watching: Union Square Park, Soho Cipriani
Place to live: West village

could anyone get into a misshapes party or do you have to be 21,i am 19 but i "need" to go!!

Aussies members living in New York!

Hi there,
I'm planning on moving overseas within the next 18 months, I was planning on moving to London because I have a British passport but now I'm thinking maybe I'll give the Big Apple a go!!
Are there any Aussie tfs's living in New York?
Maybe you've moved there from another country/state
How have you found the experience so far?
What are the pros and cons?
Please feel free to post your experiences !!:flower:

^Ah....you deflected to the other side of the pond!

Oh well.....NY is pretty cool too (but not as cool as London..:ninja:). Sure you'll have a great time. Don't think the antipodean community there is as big as it is in London though

Susie! :lol:
I still haven't made up my mind yet, like you said, I don't think there's as many Aussies in New York as compared to London plus working visa's are a b*tch to obtain for America!
Hmmmmmmmm..... I just don't know what I'm gonna do :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->