Travel Guide : New York City

Ok- Let me see. I would like to think that I am an expert on this particualar area!

FASHION WISE:-
Century 21- OMG - the most amazing place ever for discount fashion!!! I got some loverly Ralph Lauren loafers in here for around $50.
Macys- Especailly the bag section and the beauty halls
Bloomingdales- The most luxurorist of places- gorgeous.
Saks- I love it in here- but it does tend to get quite busy
Fifth Avenue- Best if you walk around pretending that you are a New York native.
Tiffanys- Whether you want to have an 'Audrey' moment or just admire the jewels- i love it here.

SIGHTS:-
Statue of Liberty- It's best if you catch the Staten Island Ferry as its free, and you get to see it!!! Wooo!
Empire State- Amazing views of the city and surrounding areas. Best to go up at night in my opinion.
Brooklyn Bridge- Walk from Brooklyn into Manahattan to see the sights.

the sales rack at neiman marcus... that's all :smile: jk.

i found a pair of beauty chanel boots for 400 dollars...

00730m.jpg

(style.com) it looks like this... except it's tweed.

also, some places are:
century 21
marc jacobs accessories shop on bleeker
cupcakes from magnolia bakery
beard papa's cream puffs in zaiya foodstore

beard_papa1.jpg

(muginohousa.com)

Trendy NYC restaurants

Hey Im going to nyc soon and Im wondering if anyone knows a trendy upscale restaurant that serves dinner late. (not nobu, im eatting their the next night) I will be going around 11:30 at night on a Friday. I would rather eat in in the West Village area. - Tribeca, Soho, chealse or the Meatpacking district etc.
Also, I want to be able to eat a meal without having drunken bar idiots all around me too. I dont know if it gets like that there, but at a certain time in montreal trendy restaurants turn into bars.

Fashion_diva said:
Hey Im going to nyc soon and Im wondering if anyone knows a trendy upscale restaurant that serves dinner late. (not nobu, im eatting their the next night) I will be going around 11:30 at night on a Friday. I would rather eat in in the West Village area. - Tribeca, Soho, chealse or the Meatpacking district etc.
Also, I want to be able to eat a meal without having drunken bar idiots all around me too. I dont know if it gets like that there, but at a certain time in montreal trendy restaurants turn into bars.
Try Cipriani downtown...

Fashion_diva said:
I dont think they serve late? Just till twelve i think?
Dunno, i saw that part after I posted. Maybe she should call ahead to find out details...

Fashion_diva said:
I dont think they serve late? Just till twelve i think?

A few late night spots...
Florent in Meatpacking District
Cafetaria on 7th and 18th St
Coffee Shop in Union Square at 16th

any more suggestions

I was thinking spice market, Vento, Blue Ribbon, the spotted pig, balthazar?

A

Im going to NYC and having dinner late around 12. I want a place that will be trendy and not turned completely into a bar once i get there.
I was thinking about:

spice market, Vento, Blue Ribbon, the spotted pig, balthazar?

Fashion_diva said:
so out of the ones i listed, which is the best?

you should go pastis, it's a really classy place full or real genuine new yorkers.

ive been there. I might go there after for drinks, but i would like to go to the ones i mentioned before.

faust said:
There is no Neiman Marcus in NYC :wink:
That's a very good thing. Neiman marcus is a ripoff even when you don't have to pay tax(jersey).

Hmm, favorite places... On the Upper East side for an espresso, cookies or a overpriced sandwich via quadronno... Downtown, I like BPC by the river where people are running not a pier something else... Or tribeca, the Italian place next to Stribling, around times square greys papaya... Central Park is nice during the day and Nobu is nice for lunch, next time no blackened cod and rock shrimp, I always get that w. ice cream.. NYC is nice if you don't have to work and just want to roam around...

they are all completely different all all good...
i'd say just see what mood you are in and go to which ever one you feel like that night....

personally...i think i'd pick spice market....

New York Clubs

ok todays my birthday ^_^ ...and i just recently moved to new york and i want to go to a really packed and awsome club in new york sooo if ne one knows nething let me know please...cause its a thursday night and i cant seem to find ne thing
i heard of this club quo...does ne one know if its ne good?

thanks a bunch :flower:

Atelier and Seven - because I like tight black Belgian clothing
Opening Ceremony - for Herchcovitch
Howdy Do - 7th St. btwn 1st/2nd Ave - for Helmut Lang and toys and
Brandywine!
Odin - for accessories
Washington^2 Park - for people watching
Dashwood Books - Bond St. btwn Lafayette/Bowery - Only photography bookstore in NYC.
Screaming Mimis - for vintage + the people
Magnolia Bakery - CUPCAKES
Tao - best asian food
Gallagher Gallery - 12th and 4th - for art, photos, old magazines, and books

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back