Travel Guide : New York City

evening/nightlife: which are the places to be in NYC? clubs,lounge bars etc etc

ShuggaStiletto said:
Anyone ever been to TeaNY? It's Moby's little tea shop.. I want to go there the next time I'm there.

Yes, I've been there. Twice. Went all the way to the Lowest East Side just so I could catch a glimpse of Moby. I missed him both times :angry: :angry: .

If you're interested in eating rich, satisfying meal, skip Teany. The portions are tiny and not worth the $$$. And like I said, it's a pain in the *** to get there (subway lines are blocks, if not miles, away).

For all you New Yorkers (or frequent New York visitors), what are the latest "hot spots" in the city? I'm outta the loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
New York!!

I am going to NY for my 1st time next week.. I am so excited. Can anyone give me some tips on good places to go etc. Also what should I be expecting for weather right now?? I am in CA. so I am sure much colder right??? any advise and direction would be so appericated!! thanks girls- :heart:

I'm going to MisShapes this Saturday most likely. Anyone else going? :flower:

Nymf said:
evening/nightlife: which are the places to be in NYC? clubs,lounge bars etc etc

nightlife is the absolute best in new york.
ive been living here for awhile now and the hot-spots change very often..
so its sort of more about what youre looking for.
but here are a few places that i tend to have fun at--

clubs:
snitch
g-spa
PM
hmm...plenty more depending on what kind of scene youre looking for

lounges:
49 grove...lots of fun and very low-key

bars:
a lot of the 'hipper' bars are in the lower east side
i found pizza bar to be exciting.

nightlife in nyc really depends on what kind of crowd your looking for, and what kind of night your ready to have!! i tend to find that if i walk around aimlessly, i find interesting places that not a lot of people know about.

just explore!!! its more fun that way..
:wink:

I'm going to NY..
for the first time in my life..
this Christmas!
:buzz: :woot:

I am so so excited..and I have no idea what to visit because I've heard so much about so many things!..

Hi Everyone! I'm heading to NYC in April with my sister and we're looking into hotels, does anyone have any recommendations? Any specific neighbourhoods to look into? We found a great place in Chelsea, is this a good neighbourhood to stay in? I appreciate any help! :smile:

Please help! :woot:

I live really close to NYC, but I know nothing about the club/bar scene as I've just turned 21, and I really want to take my boyfriend from Massachusetts somewhere really special on New Years Eve as a Christmas present to him. Where are THE places to be on New Years Eve in NYC? I don't want to take him to Times Square. I'd prefer a really cool bar/lounge/club where we can ring in the new year in style.

Just to describe our lifestyles, I'm 21 and he's 22 and we'd like someplace memorable. Not insanely expensive, but not cheap either! We want to see and be seen. :wink: The budget for the night is about $350, maybe a little more or less.

So, where is THE place to be New Years Eve for a young couple? Thank you! :flower:

Grand Hyatt New York

My boyfriend and I are going to New York in July...
Is Grand Hyatt a nice hotel?

hello!
me and my girlfriends are heading on a shopping trip to NYC baby!
We are taking a train so we'll be on foot around the city.
What hotels are close to downtown... where there's alot of shopping?

sorry if the question is a bit vague i still have alot to learn about the city before we go.
thanks!xoox

okay sorry 3 more questions:

Im reading through the thread and Madison Ave come up alot.. is that like the main road?

and what street in Central Park on?

I guess lower Manhatten is the best for shopping and celeb sights?
and what is soho? is that like a mini village in NYC?

thank-you hehe

Carrme said:
okay sorry 3 more questions:

Im reading through the thread and Madison Ave come up alot.. is that like the main road?

and what street in Central Park on?

I guess lower Manhatten is the best for shopping and celeb sights?
and what is soho? is that like a mini village in NYC?

thank-you hehe

I'm sure a native New Yorker will be able to help you out more specifically, soon.

But as I am also planning a trip to New York, I recommend you check out these websites:

http://www.nycvisit.com/home/index.cfm
http://wikitravel.org/en/New_York_City

there is a lot to read through, but most general questions should be answered.

good luck :flower:

thats really good though! Thanks alot much appreciated xo

OK when I was in New York this summer, I know this may sound lame, but I found the most awesome pizza place ever!!! its called Ray's Pizza and there is the most delicious pizza ever!!! a huge slice for like, 2 bucks!!! it was amazing!!!

ok well it was really close to Broadway...cant remeber the exact location...

Actually, on foot is the best way to see NYC. But do be careful and don't go to areas that are questionable.

Safe places to walk on foot:
Avenue of the Americas/6th Ave from 3rd St. to 59th St (when you see the beginning of Central Park)

Columbus Circle when you see Time Warner Building

All of 5th Ave from NYU to Museum Row (uptown also on Central Park area)

The Village (but do be careful when venturing towards 7th Avenue South.)

SoHo

Downtown - Financial Area along w/ Ground Zero

Chelsea but stay away from the Projects on 9th Ave.

I'm sure I missed alot but you get my drift

If taking the Bus:

I believe they only take Metro Cards and coins. No bills!

Hotels downtown:- The Financial District

The Millenium Hotel across from Ground Zero
The Embassy Suite (Battery Park City Location)
The Ritz Carlton (Battery Park Location- the tip of downtown)

SoHo Location:
Soho Grand on West Broadway and Canal Street

*that's actually where there's alot of shopping nearby from high end (D&G etc.) to low end shopping (Canal Street where you get fake everything :lol: )

Carrme said:
hello!
me and my girlfriends are heading on a shopping trip to NYC baby!
We are taking a train so we'll be on foot around the city.
What hotels are close to downtown... where there's alot of shopping?

sorry if the question is a bit vague i still have alot to learn about the city before we go.
thanks!xoox

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->