Travel Guide : New York City

faust said:
There is no Neiman Marcus in NYC :wink:

sorry. i keep on thinking about how they have it in the short hills mall in my hometown of new jersey.

i think it was saks that had those. they were hot.:D

Another new favorite place to eat would have to be:

Menkui-Tei

It's absolutely affordable and has the best ramen!!! :smile: I definitely recommend it over Menchanko-Tei

purexelegance said:
sorry. i keep on thinking about how they have it in the short hills mall in my hometown of new jersey.

i think it was saks that had those. they were hot.:D

Quiz time - why is there no NM in NYC? :D

mundodabolsa said:
^because it's owned by the same people as BG...?

pretty much - NM owns BG - you win a shopping spree at BG courtesy of tFS!

I dont get the hype about magnolia...they are not the best cupcakes imo...and you can get the same cupcake at buttercup bake shop without waiting in line. Although there is something to be said for the lemon flavored ones...^_^

what about vegetarian and raw food places to eat? Or would it be better to buy fresh fruit and veggies at a market?

NYC Best Hotels.

Hi everybody,

I'm coming to New York in beginning of June.

I'd like to know what hotels you would recommend to me.

Midtown/downtown. around 130-170 $ per night.

Thanks alot !

Two things I can recommend for you. One, do a search and read both new york shopping thread and the favorite places in new york thread. Two, raise your budget, unless you want NOT to enjoy your stay. Enjoy New York.

I haven't been in a few years :( ....funny seeing as I live so very close, 3 hrs by car, but everyone takes the train in 1. Practically the suburbs?! I love it down there though, hopefully going in the next few weeks.

When I was little we'd always go to have tea and a snack at the Trump Tower..back then no one really knew about it so much (aka it wasn't some big "omg the apprentice was filmed here" tourist destination) and it was our "little jem" in the city. They have nice little cafes in it.

Anyone ever been to TeaNY? It's Moby's little tea shop.. I want to go there the next time I'm there.

There are lots of cute little bakeries too...I've heard obv. of Magnolia, and there's someplace "Cupcake Casa" or something like that. I want to go to Serendipity for frozen hot chocolate! And go explore SoHo, etc. All the other times I've gone i've been too young to really care about stores, just was dragged through Saks by my mother shopping (as the gay guys at the makeup counters were "hitting" on her :lol:)

i'm lost when it comes to where to go in SoHo, or all the other little villages like that. What subways and things like that!

i'm obsessed with greenwich village. bleeker street, nyu, etc. i love it all.
i also love the upper west side. i hope to one day buy a brownstone there.
and of course, being in stella mccartney...

i love nyc :heart:

of course i love times square, stuyvesant, union square, broadway, and canal street

...in New York City

If you want to be seen or noticed by model agents, casting directors, (legit) model scouts and the likes who walks, shops or just happened to rushing along to a lunch meeting throughout the streets of NYC than please, please do not put on a PANCAKE makeup and the wrong colors at that. It's bad enough you look like a clown , distorting the natural beauty so young and so fresh to boot. It would suffice (at least if the colors were more of natural state). But even so, pancake makeup would turn any agents, casting directors and the like away. Making your chances next to nil when you could've been signed right there on the spot! :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just checked up travelocity last night because I had nothing better to do, and right now up until Sept 30, a round trip ticket to New York is less than $500 including taxes. This sounds good, but I won't have enough money to stay longer than a day :lol:
I'm planning to go in late may/early june of next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->