Tulci Bags

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
BAGS OF STYLE

WITH Gwyneth, SJP and Debra Messing all fans of Anjali Kumar's gorgeous TULCI bags, you'd be forgiven for thinking the designer herself might be getting a little blasé about success, but nothing could be further from the truth. "The first time I saw someone walking down the street with one of my bags I was sitting in a coffee shop with friends. I literally dropped everything, ran out into the road and chased her down the street to tell her I was the designer. I think she probably thought I was mad," admits the former lawyer. Since giving up her law career only two and half years ago, Anjali hasn't looked back. For the past two seasons she's designed all the bags for the Doo.Ri catwalk show and has made it into French Vogue; as well as finding fans in the Hollywood fashion set. And with "a chic, New York city girl walking down Fifth Avenue" as her muse, it was only a matter of time before a TULCI bag made it onto Sex And The City. "My husband threw me a party at a local coffee shop to celebrate that," she smiles. "We had the show streamed in and all my friends came to watch." So what are Anjali's plans for the future? "I've just found out I'm pregnant so I think a baby bag is a must for the next collection," she says. "Everyone's always been asking me when I'd do one. Now I have a good excuse." Anjali's TULCI collection can be purchased from www.shopbop.com or www.tulci.com. (February 20 2004, AM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"