Two Tone Hair

^ Thanks for that. That picture is especially helpful, but most of them seem to have the same colors going on. :lol: Darker to blond/light brown.

Two tone hair is pretty when it's subtle, but I always think of those trashy girls who have platinum hair on top and black underneath. I do love the above posted pictures, and it would be wonderful to have such a carefree style.:sick:

photomiddef2273634zk2.jpg

Naomi Preizler's facebook page

I wish I could dye my hair like Naomi's, she looks stunning.

^^ lollll. i keep looking at this thread but i think it's largely because i'm interested to understand what about this look appeals to people, but it's really just that my style is the opposite of undone/beachy/hippie/relaxed and i just don't quite get it.

StarsInHerEyes, i actually quite like the subtle ombre hair trend (mine kinda look like that already O_O) thanks for sharing :flower:

Most of the photos above have blond hair on the ends. I have quite dark hair so I don't think I can pull of blond. -_- I guess I could do a light brown on the top and just fade it into my natural hair color towards the ends.

So, question, would I color my tips or ends? Growing out, what would look less awkward? :wacko:

I wonder, does anyone have pictures of hair that's light near the roots, and then fades to darker at the ends?

I have this from a botched dye job that I let grow out, although most of it's cut off by now and I want to get it done again but hopefully without so much damage and a slightly better shade.

It isn't impossible to do this at home, is it? My mother bought a box of dye that she wants to use for all of my hair but I want to attempt the two-toned look.

^^ might be kind of hard to get it to look natural. plus lightener is naturally going to work more quickly towards your scalp because of the heat, meaning that the natural tendency is going to be for your hair to be DARKER towards the ends and lighter toward the scalp -- a mistake i'm sure most of us who have ever bleached our hair at home have made, i know i've definitely done the 'oh crap, gotta re-bleach my ends 4 more times' thing before -- which is the opposite of the look you want.... i'd say it'd be best to just let your whole head go lighter and then just wait a few months as it grows out etc.... i imagine it's quite complicated to hand-paint highlights on half of your hair and make it look even and natural.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people probably don't like Shakira's look with her black roots coming out but I think she's really pulled it off. She created a really funky style that went with her rocker look.

normal_691948.jpg

normal_09OP1.JPG

normal_PA634568.jpg

normal_379604.jpg

normal_2256772.jpg

normal_cap826.jpg

normal_0346436_2.jpg

normal_025.jpg

Thanks lafindesiecle. :flower: I wonder how much cheaper my coloring would be if I brought my own dye in. I was hoping that I could just brush it into my hair instead of covering my whole head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->