UK Harper's Bazaar July 2016 : Emilia Clarke by David Slijper

It's a shame that no magazine has found her angle yet. The styling is beautiful (they clearly snagged some of the best Dior has to offer right now), the beach is beautiful and yet her face expressions don't match what's going on. Not sure what's happening since she's so captivating in motion.

It feels very US Bazaar to me. I had high hopes because UK Bazaar almost always delivers.. but this is a pass for me

I personally think the newsstand cover is the best so far. Of all the UK glossies one can really only rely on this magazine to turn out a proper summer cover! The second shot is almost painful to look at - such awkward posing. Harper's photography selection, irrespective of photographer, is normally very solid. So if we find whatever we see here so unimpressive, can you imagine how bad the rejects were?

It seems her best shoot to date is still WSJ Magazine's cover feature by Lachlan Bailey, and that was back in 2014!

Review - 178 Pages.

Swept Away
Cover Star: Emilia Clarke
Photographer: David Slijper
Stylist: Leith Clark
7 Photos

Beside The Silver Sea
Model: Hollie-May Saker
Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington
14 Photos

Last Night I Dreamed..
Model: Karen Elson
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Stylist: Leith Clark
10 Photos

Bazaar Beauty/Heat Wave
Model: Sara Sampaio
Photographer: Emma Tempest
3 Photos

I love the colours on the newsstands cover, but I hate her personality, so annoying.

Thanks for the review.

Thank you for the review Vogue28!

I cannot wait to see Karen and Holly-May's editorials!

She is so much more beautiful when she's not posing for edits, the cover would be so much better if she were in a different angle and if she didn't look so stiff! I think she needs to spend some time in front of a mirror learning her angles.

I do like her and her personality a lot. I love how she's goofy and fun, I think this just doesn't translate well into posing in front of a camera. It always seems to unnatural for her. I do love the newsstand cover however.

SWEPT AWAY
Harper's Bazaar UK, July 2016
photo: David Slijper
fashion: Leith Clark
hair: Kevin Ryan
make-up: Monika Blunder
talent: Emilia Clarke

vetemental.blogspot.com

BESIDE THE SILVER SEA
photo: Agnes Popieszynska
fashion: Charlie Harrington
hair: Kota Suizu
make-up: Ciara O'Shea
model: Hollie May Saker

vetemental.blogspot.com

LAST NIGHT I DREAMED I WENT TO MANDERLEY AGAIN
photo: Erik Madigan Heck
fashion: Leith Clark
hair: Panos
make-up: Mary Frost
model: Karen Elson

vetemental.blogspot.com

My god... People keep blaming the mags for not capturing her in the right light... But Emilia can't post for sh*t.

I like this, I do think Emilia is improving in print. She's so captivating onscreen and that doesn't yet translate but I think it's getting better. She's just so lovely I can't help but be excited to see her on covers even if they aren't always the best,

HEAT WAVE
photo: Emma Tempest
model: Gabriella Wilde

I think this is Sara Sampaio and not Gabriella Wilde

Special-edition cover with Hollie-May Saker

:heart::heart::heart:
:flower::flower::flower:

Photographer: Agata Pospieszynska
Stylist: Charlie Harrington

Source: harpersbazaar.co.uk

Attachments

• gallery-1464870186-hollie-may-saker.jpg
    gallery-1464870186-hollie-may-saker.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 11
This limited cover is simply astounding!! I'm torn between the newsstand and this one. Thanks for posting!

The last three shots of Emilia's feature actually shows a lot of promise. In fact, the 3rd last shot of her kneeling on the beach could very easily have been a cover option had she faced the camera.

As usual I'm very much impressed with the rest of the fashion features, especially Hollie's one. Karen's one looks more autumn oriented, which is fine as I suppose it's for the July edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->