UK Harpers Bazaar May 2010 : Jennifer Aniston by Alexi Lubomirski

Okay, Italian Vogue you can go on, but then Italian's, in my opinion, have a different attitude to fashion, they're already far more interested in it it would seem, so an edition of Vogue is always going to do well there?

I think if you look at VP it uses models almost constantly, and has low circulation figures. For a magazine to survive nowadays it has to be the fashion content on the inside. At the end of the day it's only a cover. It's the hook to get people to pick it up and if you have the chance to use Jennifer Aniston, who is clearly a big hook, then why not I guess.
US Harper's is probably the best example of their covers being there solely to sell the issue, and then the fashion content is inside the issue.

So much is said about models being on the covers, and why can't they all be on the covers, and when will they use one, and why can't it be that way each month and not celebrities... I just think it's been that way for a long time now and it seriously isn't going to be changing anytime soon. Celebrity covers are here to stay. They are the new supers. Whether it's something we like or not.

Rant, over. Ha.

Very well said... I would say Sad but True! and it certainly develops bad taste... look at British girls... most of them are trying to have their hair like Jenifer Aniston;-))) I agree about Italians but I guess people in the UK are quite fashion aware as well considering how much money is spent on clothes here... esp. big places like London, etc.

Yeah but we only have to look at i-D pre-spring issue with Rihanna, the more fashion based covers sold and Rihanna's was the one that didn't sell very well, it only proves that it can work without stuffing a celebrity on the cover
I know i-D has a different readership to Harpers but its in the same field
it's just the same as VP, they have a different readership, a more fashion based audience

I don't mind seeing Jennifer Aniston actually. But with this styling? Where has Bazaar's edge gone?
Wouldn't surprise me, if this was shoot the same day as her W shoot with Gerard.
The cover is alright, I guess. Only complaint it the masthead.. white would of worked better.

Why does this whole model/celebrity cover thing always have to be an issue? I'm over it.

Ugh. And HB was starting to get so good last year, with some amazing covers and eds. Aniston bores me to tears, and Megan Fox last month was no better. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping the eds will make for it.

May?! Already? Woah.

I'm sick to death of Jennifer Aniston and her boring 'rom-coms' but I like this cover. Better be some good eds in here.

She will be buried with that exact hairstyle. It'll be a skeleton and a artfully tangled mass of caramel highlights. She is ALWAYS the same.

Next.

I LOVE the cover! It's so soft and beautiful. I'm certainly not a fan of her's, but I can't hate anything about the cover.

Nothing at all against Jennifer Aniston but this cover is so boring, and HB UK had been doing so well with their covers and model choices....well especially last year. Hope the contents are interesting.

the cover is nice though the ed pic is not as gd. I like her covers because she always comes out as the girl next door..but in a good way

She is such a bore. Never changes at all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

I'll be interested to see what this looks like on the newsstand - I like the look of the fade effect, the hazy sun. Considering that in my part of the UK, it is currently snowing and my electricity is fading fast, this cover does represent unattainable glamour, although not due to the person who's on the front of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is descent, but I would of preferred someone else on the cover. I'll still check it out.

Goddess Glamour
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Styling: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou
Models: Jennifer Aniston

Beautiful Chaos
Photographer: Serge Leblon
Styling: Mattias Karlsson
Model: Anya K

Block Party
Photographer: Tierney Gearon
Styling: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou
Model: Hannelore Knuts

Two shots of Diana Vickers which are really nice too.

Jennifer's ed is certainly one very suited to her. Looks very Summery, hazy, like the cover. Quite nice actually. Subscriber's cover is the same image, Just without the text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->