UK Vogue August 2020 : British Landscapes by Fourteen Different Subjects

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

00_story%2520(1).jpg

What if he featured the best 10 from the Vogue challenge or commissioned those people to create cov

EaOMUrSXkAUuPey.jpg

pics vogue.com / https://twitter.com/Paracosmjb

2. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I've been sleeping very bad lately but this 14 covers will surely be the insomnia remedy I've been waiting for. Can't wait.

Magic Spells and helmutnotdead like this.
  3. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

I guess that featuring female illustrations was already done... so here comes the landscapes!! :doh::rolleyes:

YohjiAddict and Benn98 like this.
  4. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

The David Hockney cover does nothing for me, but I am eager to see the rest.

Yet I imagine it will be an absolute pain to track down a certain cover, with fourteen floating around. British Vogue should follow in the footsteps of the likes of CR Fashion Book, V Magazine and i-D and sell issues online, with the option to select a particular cover - especially on this occasion. Fourteen covers... there's bound to be one I want, surely.

YohjiAddict and lauralynn025 like this.
  5. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful cover and quite a coup for any magazine, let alone UK Vogue to get Hockney - I mean we're talking about one of the greatest British artists of the last century. Maybe it's not what we want/expect right now, but there are so many options an August issue can choose ATM.

There are enough names to keep me interested here (Sims, Sade, Nick Knight), so let's see what this issue has to offer. Oh and I didn't know about Sophia - that's crazy!

SRank and MissMagAddict like this.
  6. lauralynn025

lauralynn025 Active Member

Taking into account the situation, and the time we are in.... I can understand why lots of covers have not been super exciting these days. So I am trying to be less harsh in my judgement as this is not a normal circumstance.

I think it is a decent cover considering someone like David Hockney created it. But, if I were just looking at it without knowing who he was..it is nothing special overall.

And, as a lot of you have said, 14 covers is a bit extreme. Maybe those will be better though?

7. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Why don't they just hire some REAL(***cough***vogue italia***) fashion illustrators like David Downtown?

dfl-001 and Lola701 like this.
  8. LiquidDiamond

LiquidDiamond New Member

Lol seriously what is wrong with this magazine??

lauralynn025 likes this.
  9. kokobombon

or Jordi Labanda! I keep waiting for someone to hire him, I´d love to have a cover by him :/

10. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

For all the inclusive rhetoric, UK Vogue is not beyond borrowing some of that old white man Establishment clout by getting the Alan Bennett of artists to rustle something up for the primary purposes of a press release. That the picture is supposed to function as the cover of a fashion magazine is of lesser importance.

11. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Cover #2 of 14 by Nadine Ijewere:

12. RMDV

RMDV Active Member

god awful boring-- these inspire absolutely no hope or emotion at all

13. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

This was taken in 2017! Silly.

14. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Definitely going to collect all 14. Said no one.

15. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Perfect for Nat. Geo

16. kokobombon

or Conde Nast Traveller...

jeanclaude, caioherrero and RMDV like this.
  17. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Trying to think of something positive - if these covers are going to depict different areas of the UK, that would be a refreshing change to how London-centric the magazine is. It would genuinely be more representative than constantly trying to reproduce the demographics of just one city on the pages, when you have the entire country to call on as inspiration.

Benn98 and avonlea002 like this.
  18. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

I like the second cover. If the issue is going to be filled with landscape photographs similar to that by Nadine I may actually buy it. I will gladly take this over boring fashion eds they usually do.

19. aracic

aracic Moderator

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaa no.

I actually feel pain looking at this. Why are editors so stupid? Why is fashion so pretentious? Looking at this shlt, I miss the times when fashion was blissfully ignorant. I know, it's unacceptable to say, I don't care. I want fashion to be about fashion. All the great editors of the past are currently rolling in their graves at the sight of this ungodly pretentiousness. If you wanted to run a travel and culture magazine, you're in the wrong goddamn profession. Please, switch!
    I can't believe how hateful I've become over stupid magazine covers these days, they're like a disturbingly offensive joke and the fact that people praise this 'awareness' makes it all even worse. I truly wasn't going to say anything hateful about this, but I couldn't help it. I'm disgusted and disappointed and I want to sue someone for putting me in this position month after month. Vogue Paris is the only real Vogue left.

Urban Stylin, Zorka, RMDV and 11 others like this.
  20. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Cringing.

lauralynn025 likes this.